The Beatles?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
parkerglynnadey
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

The Beatles?

Post by parkerglynnadey »

Does anyone here play melodies from the Beatles on pennywhistle? Are there any site with sheet music, etc. for songs like Something, Yellow Submarine, Blackbird, that I could download online for free? I have the shee music to Pennylane and Something in one of my ukulele books, but I'm looking for a more thorough treatment of Beatles awesomeness.
emtor

Post by emtor »

Those old Beatles tunes are lovely, but personally I only stick to Irish traditional with the whistle. However, there is one tune that Paul McCartney wrote for the Wings named "Mull of Kintyre" that is typically Irish/Scottish and would suit the whistle perfectly.
Regarding sheet music,-you could look here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-BEATLES-Sheet-M ... dZViewItem
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Yes, there are tons and tons of books of The Beatles music available and if you read standard notation, I think you'll find that most of their tunes are quite suitable for whistle... like Norwiegan Wood, for example.
candis bowen

Post by candis bowen »

If you go to Google Images & search song names, artists, etc., often sheet music will be available to print. I've gotten several Beatles tunes that way.
Horses, flutes & books – what's life without 'em?
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

There was a fiddle group that did Beatles music, they called the Album "Picking on the Beatles".
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

When I am 64 (rolls)

I will

Yesterday golly there must be lots of lovely Beatles tunes one can
play.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

There's a lovely flute solo on "You've got to hide your love away". Just a riff, really, but it's enough to make you want to play the whole thing.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I'll admit to playing some Beatles music on whistles. They wrote some great tunes.
A-Musing

Post by A-Musing »

At the core of my love affair with music are the tunes and songs that have come from the British Isles. Both antique and current. Lennon and McCartney came up with some beauties! I love to low whistle such as "And I Love Her," "Eleanor Rigby," "Norwegian Wood," and "Yesterday." Melody! What pleasure! Those boys went A-Musing, for sure! Life was such an easy game to play...
You-Me-Them-Us-IT. Anything Else?
Tom Dowling
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

There is an interesting Bluegrass version of "Things We Said Today" by a group called Grassmasters that I have been working on a bit. I believe it works reasonably well with a low G whistle--at least the first two parts. That 'bridge' part in the middle ("Me, I'm just a lucky guy, love to hear you say....etc.) has got be stumped. I'm betting--given my ongoing lack of musical sophistication--that it is due to the much dreaded change of key.

I downloaded the tune from I-tunes for the traditional $0.97 and fool around with it from time to time--when I'm neglecting the rolls, etc. I should be working on. Any thoughts on the pesky middle part would be most welcome. The name of the album is Beatles Grass.

As the Beatles might have said, "All you need is whistles."

Tom D.
vomitbunny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by vomitbunny »

Didn't they write some celtic tunes?
Celter Skelter?
Sgt. Paddy's Drunken Hearts Band?
My opinion is stupid and wrong.