THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SENT BIRTHDAY WISHES TO MY BRO

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Cees
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

On 2002-10-02 21:55, avanutria wrote:
PS - in case you're wondering, it's a hybrid Hoover whitecap / feadog brass, in D of course.
Is it really? It sounds really low to me. I thought it was your new Copeland low D at first. It doesn't sound like a high whistle. I can't believe how good it sounds!!
Gary
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Gary »

Here's what I sent:
NIGERIAN BIRTHDAY GREETINGS

Attn: Scott Wisley

It was out of my sincere desire that I wished to share with you the blessings God has showered upon me and my Family. Before I proceed I would like to humbly introduce myself to you.

I am Paddy O’Furnature, a student of St. Stephen's Irish college in Ekwuluobia Local Government Area of Harare, Zimbabwe, the first Son of Late Dr. Mallory O’Furnature, the Founder of the Whistler Union in the Harare Zimbabwe, the former Director of the ZC&F. My Father Died from cancer on the 15th April 2002. Untill his death, he has helped many whistle organizations in my country and in some other African countries and has helped some whistleless babes. He has in the past learnt to invest his wealth in whistles rather than in banks. Being his first son, he has thought me the same way and ever since then I have not departed from serving whistlers because in whistles I find peace.

Before my Father died he called me as his first son and advised that I should carry out whatever instruction he his giving to me and that if I should follow his footsteps, serving whistlers and committing all I have to whistler’s relatives, that I shall live longer.

My Dear friend, with sincerity of purpose, my late Father before he died told me that he deposited the sum of USD2.5 MILLION into one whistle Company in Ireland and that his aim of depositing this money there was because he has a whistle friend there where he wanted to invest the money in his web site, buying more bandwidth and expanding the whistle knowledge as well as drawing more souls to whistles since Ireland is mostly dominated by Irish. He said by doing this the whistlers's work there shall be promoted. He therefore instructed me that I should go to the whistle Company, release the money and invest it in any where I like, but it must be in the Chiff and Fipple Community. Ever since my Father died, some of my friends who are easily carried away by the things of the world have been advising me to make use of the money, invest it in some other businesses that can yield me unwanted interest, but as a HONEST Irishman, I keep telling them that I cannot do any thing contrary to what my father told me, and I must not do any thing that will not give honor to Dale Wisely.

Just two weeks ago precisely, I met a whistler and his name is Stephen O’Khamis from Scotland, we are in the same whistle School and he explained to me that he has a contact, he said he has visited your country in the past with his father. He gave me your contact that I should get in touch with you, discuss with you so that I may come over, we arange and get this money from the security company and invest in your brother’s organization. I want no returns from you, but all I need from you is to ensure that the money is well used to promote the good work of whistlers in your area. All this is to ensure that I carry my father's instructions out. What I want to make clear to you Scott is to promise me that the money will not be privately used.

Scott, I want you to HAVE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY by email to enable us proceed on this. I will arrange, come to Ireland and we get this money out of the security company and I will repay you. If not, unscrupulous whistlers will send you a bunch of birthday greetings by email.

Paddy O’Furnature
carrie

Post by carrie »

Done and done!

Carol
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Sent and copied...

If you were my brother and embarassed me like that, no hiding place would have protected you *ggg*.
serpent

Post by serpent »

Here's my contribution...

From Serpent Music,
we want to wish you the best on this day! Birthdays are fun, and if you have a whistle, you can make happy sounds!
Cheers,
Bill "Serpent" Whedon
Serpent Music
Tom Dowling
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

I did my part, but it will be hard to top the wit in the Nigerian Birthday Greetings.

Tom D.
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

I hope he has a sense of humor.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I emailed him.
Reasonable person
Walden
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

Dale,
I sent a greeting to your fipple-challenged brother, wishing him well in his counseling with you to overcome this terrible condition.

Oh and also to share a blessing on his birthday.

I suggested that he enjoy his own music, for we know you will ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeeMarsh on 2002-10-03 09:31 ]</font>
lollycross

Post by lollycross »

O.K. tell us Dale, what did Scott say to all the silly greetings??
Is he still speaking to you?
Tell us all the truth now!!!!
lolly
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

<--loves stirring up trouble. :wink:

Happy birthday!

Have fun unclogging your e-mail of all these chiffnfipple nutcases' emails!

You can thank your dear brother for that!

You know what whistles are good for (other than making noise)? Hitting brothers over the head with(grab a nice heavy one, like an Oak or a Copeland).

:wink:

xo,

TelegramSam
Jeferson

Post by Jeferson »

Done.

Dale, I at one time wished for a brother like you.

Those days are now past.

Jef :wink:
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Here's Wombat's contribution. I hope he doesn't have delusions of grandeur.

Dear Mr. Wisely,
May I call you Scotty? Thank you Scotty, we prefer informality. You don’t know me but, boy, do I know you. Let me introduce myself.

My name is Dr. Norbert Elmer Dagenschlock MD, PhD, VIP. I represent a loosely structured, off-shore consortium of music interests called ‘Old Dog’s Breath Enterprises’. Our slogan: There’s Nothing Funkier Than Old Dog’s Breath. Let me come straight to the point, Scotty. We want to get into whistles. We want to get deeply into whistles. To achieve our goals we need to remove the one remaining obstacle to the whistle achieving its full potential in the marketplace. I refer of course to an Internet Site called, I believe, Chipp and Fiffle.

Now this Chipp and Fiffle has potential. But currently it is being run by a well-upholstered, middle-aged man, claiming to be your brother, who means well but frankly isn’t up to the job. He runs the site wisely, but, as we see it, not well. Wisely, but not wisely enough. This is where you come in Scotty, old son. With our help, you can be installed as the Undisputed King of Tinwhistle Internet Journalism while the current imposter is banished to the world of recorders where his modest talents will be better employed. Your brother? I think not. We’re not fooled. You’re the man for whistles. You, sir, are the true whistling Wisely. But for this to happen you need Old Dog’s Breath.

Why do you need Old Dog’s Breath? Let me tell you a little bit about us Scotty. We are a result-driven, client-focussed, proactive company dedicated to achieving an optimal bottom line through a quality-driven game plan designed to achieve world’s best practice in all we touch. With our unrivalled knowledge base, we have the synergy and the mindset to empower our clients to get out of the loop by applying leverage to every obstacle in the ball park. Through unrivalled gap analysis, we touch base with all those who think outside the box. We fast track every idea that helps us achieve the best strategic fit and we’ll play hardball when push turns to shove.

What more can I say to convince you, Scotty. This is a win-win proposition. Whistling could be big. Whistling could be as big as pigeon racing. We’ve done our market research Scotty. Make no mistake, the whistle could rival the yo-yo. But whistlers require Old Dog’s Breath and Old Dog’s Breath needs you. Are you with us or are you with us? Don’t let another birthday pass without acting. I look forward to welcoming you aboard.

I remain yours etc.,
Dr Dagenschlock
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Got it. . .crystal people invade siblings email. . .
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Dale - Done. And with arcane silly references and all; I'm sure this will endear you to him even more.

Regards,

Philo