bye

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

Walden wrote: I seem to be among the top students in my biology class. I think the lowest grade I've made in that class is a 97%.
Hey - that's GREAT!

So - are you thinking science major? Mine was in Natural Science - Chemistry, Biology and Horticulture. Main reason I did that was I had the Chem and Bio from my 2 year degree, and I hate math and didn't want to take 4 quarters of calculus and a quarter of differential equations necessary for a straight chemistry degree.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Walden wrote:...... I seem to be among the top students in my biology class. I think the lowest grade I've made in that class is a 97%.
Meet me at the bike rack after school... You're dead meat buddy!

:twisted:
Sliabh Luachra

Post by Sliabh Luachra »

Walden wrote:I'm not leaving entirely. I did remove the link from my browser's bookmarks. This way it's maybe not my first instinct to check the forum, first thing, every time I go online. No speech. No reference to morons. No "I'm never coming back" (they always do, don't they). Just a bit of an effort to be less involved.
But. . . but . . . but you're the reasonable one here. . . if you're not here as much that means we'll all sink to unreasonableness :cry:

Mark

PS Oh and good show at school! Keep it up.
"Only a mediocre person is always at his best." -Somerset Maugham
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

It's true! I can feel myself sinking into entirely new levels of unreasonableness! :o

--James.tar.gz
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
BillChin

Post by BillChin »

I can see good reasons for doing so. Good luck Walden. This is a special time for you being in college. Some students are lax about their studies and some regret it later. If spending a bit less time here helps you on your journey, I see it as a no-brainer decision.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Well done, Walden. We shall miss you. But you have to shift your focus from time to time. More power to your elbow!
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.

Post by Tony »

I predict a rise in Waldco Industries stock...
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

You do what's best for you. That's the top priority. But, just know you are a highly valued contributor and friend. You're a bit of a institution around here.

Stay in touch.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Never thoguht i'd see the day...

Take care.

::moment of silence for reasonableness::
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Dale wrote:You do what's best for you. That's the top priority. But, just know you are a highly valued contributor and friend. You're a bit of a institution around here.

Stay in touch.
Dale has taken the thoughts/words out of my mouth/head here. I will really miss your quick wit, reasonble perspective and well-grounded intelligence. But please, do check in from time to time to keep us posted on yourself and your progress in life and in school. All the best sir!
Tony

Post by Tony »

Walden is the Chiffmaster General, will there be another appointee in his absence?
Does this make cranberry the 'Postmaster' General?
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Oh Woe is us. Probably a good idea though to concentrate on the studies.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Walden wrote:I seem to be among the top students in my biology class. I think the lowest grade I've made in that class is a 97%.
:lol: You don't seem to be among the top students. You are among the top students in your bio class. Accept it, dude! And congratulations. Keep up the good work and take care of that lichen collection. Perhaps we'll see a bit more of you during vacations.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Congrats on the good scores, there Walden. I know that takes a lot of hard work and natural smarts to boot. Kudos to you!
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
Miwokhill

Post by Miwokhill »

Kind of funny in one way though. Here I thought Walden was at leat 50 with the Charleton Heston-like on horseback avatar and all, not to mention the intelligence and sophistication of the content and now it turns out he's a student?! It reminds me of that scene in Monsters Inc. where those 2 dweebs are walking through the factory and one says somthing like '...and then i told her i'm not going to take it any more!' The other dweeb replied 'and what did she say?' to which the first answered 'you know my mom, she sent me to my room.'
Last edited by Miwokhill on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.