Creamy Spam Broccoli Casserole

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
dfernandez77
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

All of you folks jumped to conclusions so fast about the SPAM casserole I checked the ingredients:
Ingredients
Nonstick cooking spray
1 (7-ounce) package elbow macaroni
2 cups frozen cut broccoli, thawed and drained
1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Lite, cubed
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 cups skim milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
2 teaspoons margarine, melted

It has SPAM Lite and fat-free cheese. Seems quite healthy - not the brick of cholesterol described. Though it looks like you'd have a brick in your colon if you ate it.

Do people really eat stuff like this?
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

I have definitely eaten worse things than that how that casserole sounds, and quite recently too. I'd be willing to try it.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Yup, folks eats 'em. For brunches at work, someone in my office makes a breakfast egg casserole. Layered slices of French, crumbled sausage, beaten eggs, and cream cheese. It vanishes so quickly she brings two large sheet pans of it.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Nobody ever actually makes this and feeds it to their family at home. This is pot luck fare, just as lambchop described. You only get it at pot lucks. That's the nice thing about pot lucks -- you can try out stuff like this and not have to deal with leftovers for three days afterwards, which is a good thing if you are trying a new pot luck recipe and it turns out to suck (Tater Tot Cheeze Wiz casserole).

My favorite pot luck recipe is Jiffy Cornbread Casserole, but that Spam stiff sounds tasty, too, albeit not in large quantities. That Spam recipe also sounds like too much work. Basic pot luck instructions -- Plop it; stir it; bake it.
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
fyffer

Post by fyffer »

Flyingcursor wrote:
Cynth wrote:
Lambchop wrote:>. . . thinks it's best not to mention stromboli is on her list of favorite treats . . . <
You know, I thought you must be refering to spumoni :lol: , but I just looked stromboli up and it looks really good! I had no idea it was some kind of food.
CLICK--->ImageImageImage
I sure wouldn't want to try making that at home though. I can just imagine trying to roll it up.
I make stromboli frequently. Great stuff. My wife says I use too much oregano. I say there's no such thing as too much oregano on stromboli.

Spam is delicious and not full of lard as people may believe. Try cooking a slice on a paper towell in the microwave and you won't get as much grease as you'd think.

The overnight business is probably to let the eggs and cheese set.

And I always thought that this was Stromboli:

Goes to show how much I know ....
___\|/______________________________
|___O____|_O_O_o_|_o_O__O__|_O__O__|
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

gonzo914 wrote:. . .not have to deal with leftovers for three days afterwards, which is a good thing if . . .
. . . it contains broccoli. Phew!
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Lambchop wrote:
gonzo914 wrote:. . .not have to deal with leftovers for three days afterwards, which is a good thing if . . .
Or Brussels sprouts, as in my special Broccoli and Brussels Sprouts Rice Krispie Marshmallow Surprise. The engagingly provocative aroma of the brussels sprouts very nicely masks the delicate bouquet of the broccoli, the result being a piquant and yet noisome marrying of the two.
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

gonzo914 wrote:...Broccoli and Brussels Sprouts Rice Krispie Marshmallow Surprise
'Noisome' is one of my favorite words. It goes well with anything involving brussels sprouts. I'll just go take an antiemetic now.

:wink:
dfernandez77
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

gonzo914 wrote:Krispie Marshmallow Surprise.
Crispy marshmallows would be quite a surprise.
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
Jack

Post by Jack »

I like creamy SPAM broccoli casserole, without the creamy, spam, or casserole parts, of course.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

gonzo914 wrote:
Lambchop wrote:
Or Brussels sprouts, as in my special Broccoli and Brussels Sprouts Rice Krispie Marshmallow Surprise. The engagingly provocative aroma of the brussels sprouts very nicely masks the delicate bouquet of the broccoli, the result being a piquant and yet noisome marrying of the two.
Ah! I see you're planning your Halloween Surprises! Excellent!