Seattle's new motto

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
RonKiley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by RonKiley »

I thought the motto when I lived there was "Where is the slug bait?"

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
Charlene
antispam: No

Post by Charlene »

Did you hear that Washington State decided to drop the "Say WA" slogan?

I'm in Spokane - near nature, near perfect. (except for having the highest gas prices in the lower 48, and bad roads, and parking garages that have walls that fall apart when cars bump them at low speed, and . . . ) :)
Charlene
Denny

Post by Denny »

RonKiley wrote:I thought the motto when I lived there was "Where is the slug bait?"

Ron
It's a sad time in the Metronatural area for the slug.
too much Metro pushing the natural
farther toward the horizon.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Charlene wrote:Did you hear that Washington State decided to drop the "Say WA" slogan?
I do need to get out more! :o

There's a "Say WA" slogan???
brianormond

Post by brianormond »

Yup. "Metronatural" is its replacement. Washington state must foster an inability to write effective ad copy-or it hires poor writers...

How about this: "Geoducks: Not just for breakfast anymore!"
(Pronounced "gooeyduck", its a rude-looking but tasty clam diggable during minus tides here.)
Last edited by brianormond on Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Here's a slogan for Washington State:

"It's a Wash!"

(and I'll do it for just $1000.)
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Denny

Post by Denny »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Here's a slogan for Washington State:

"It's a Wash!"

Wrong...wrong...wrong :D

Price it more that the last one.
It IS better isn't it? :wink:
emmline

Post by emmline »

"It's a Wash!"

I suggest alternating shots of rainy/sunny scenes for the visual piece of the ad campaign.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

"It's a Wash!"
I like it better than "Oklahoma is OK."
Reasonable person
Walden
Rod Sprague

Post by Rod Sprague »

emmline wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:"And how is your omelette, sir?" - "Very metronatural, thanks."
This makes perfect sense. The omelette is made with organic, free-range eggs. The omelette is speckled with a neatly diced blend of red and green bell peppers, and topped by a sprinkling of caramelized onion. (all organic.) The omelette is served with freshly-squeezed, organic orange juice, by a waiter named Daya who has dreadlocks. Clean dreadlocks. Daya's gender is not important. You pay with your VISA gold card. The one which kicks a few cents back to Doctors without Borders for each purchase.
Don't forget the fair trade, shade grown coffee he drinks to fight off SAD caused more by the near perpetual cloud cover than the time of year.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Rod Sprague wrote:
emmline wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:"And how is your omelette, sir?" - "Very metronatural, thanks."
This makes perfect sense. The omelette is made with organic, free-range eggs. The omelette is speckled with a neatly diced blend of red and green bell peppers, and topped by a sprinkling of caramelized onion. (all organic.) The omelette is served with freshly-squeezed, organic orange juice, by a waiter named Daya who has dreadlocks. Clean dreadlocks. Daya's gender is not important. You pay with your VISA gold card. The one which kicks a few cents back to Doctors without Borders for each purchase.
Don't forget the fair trade, shade grown coffee he drinks to fight off SAD caused more by the near perpetual cloud cover than the time of year.
No, that's a key point. And makes me wonder whether Starbucks will soon be offering a new "Metronatural Blend" as a counterpoint to Sumatra, Tarrazú, Florentina, and Pygmy.
missy

Post by missy »

We tease (Tom lived in Issaquah for a bit, and his girls still do) that the easiest job in the world is being a weather person in Seattle.

"Today, High in the 50's, partial sun breaks."
"Tomorrow, Highs in the 50's, partial sun breaks."
"Later this week, Highs in the 50's, partial sun breaks."
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Denny

Post by Denny »

emmline wrote:
Rod Sprague wrote:
emmline wrote: This makes perfect sense. The omelette is made with organic, free-range eggs. The omelette is speckled with a neatly diced blend of red and green bell peppers, and topped by a sprinkling of caramelized onion. (all organic.) The omelette is served with freshly-squeezed, organic orange juice, by a waiter named Daya who has dreadlocks. Clean dreadlocks. Daya's gender is not important. You pay with your VISA gold card. The one which kicks a few cents back to Doctors without Borders for each purchase.
No, that's a key point. And makes me wonder whether Starbucks will soon be offering a new "Metronatural Blend" as a counterpoint to Sumatra, Tarrazú, Florentina, and Pygmy.
:D It doesn't really have the same kind of ring to it... :D