I'm really sick. Please send positive thoughts...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
cowtime
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by cowtime »

Even though you have to quit nursing, and I know how irritating that is, I was only able to nurse the first one for 2 months, at least he got the first colstrum, which is the really important stuff. Right now, as has been said, the most important thing is both your children need a healthy mom. I hope that happens soon.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I'm glad that they have found out that you need to change antibiotics. You have been sick quite a while now. I don't know anything about feeding babies but I'm sure Linus will continue to thrive wonderfully, I have no doubt about that at all. Hope this new medicine does the trick!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
hyldemoer

Post by hyldemoer »

JessieK wrote:...
I could pump it and throw it away for a week, but that happened with my first baby and, during that week, the supply (which is already less than it should be) dwindled down to nothing.
Things don't always happen the same way everytime.
If you want to try, go for it.
There are lactation experts who can give advice about your options.

My grand-daughter spent the first couple weeks of her life in intensive care being fed pumped breast milk by bottle.
When she got out of the hospital she was still kind of weak to nurse so my daughter continued to pump and feed it to her by bottle.

My daughter invested in a very good electric milk pump to make it easier.

My daughter's original plans were to feed my grand daughter breast milk for at least the first 3 months but the baby is ten months old and still thriving on her mommy's breast milk pumped and fed by bottle.
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

I have special circumstances, and pumping has been necessary all along. He has latched on a few times, which is more than my daughter did, but my breasts are, um, very slow. I have one or two ducts that work in each, instead of the usual 15-20. (I had a breast reduction when I was 16.) So...pumping is really slow. The most I've gotten in one pump is 3 oz, and that was only once. It has gone down since then. I can't bear to pump and dump it for a week...it's just too hard to get. I know that it will dwindle down to almost nothing (it's already headed that way). Linus is healthy, as was Joey. He got about as much as she did. I have to forgive myself and let it go.

I started the new antibiotic last night.
~JessieD
Jennie

Post by Jennie »

Wishing you quick healing. And may it be totally guilt-free!

There are many many other things you will give these lucky children of yours. We each give what we've got, and pray that it will be enough. I think that in your case you will more than make up for anything lacking from the breast milk department.

Jennie
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Aiming healing and other positive vibes your way.... one month of your milk is a pretty good beginning. You have to do what you have to do, as you said, a healthy mommy is pretty darned high up on the needs list!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Paul

Post by Paul »

Good thoughts coming your way, Jessie. I hope you get well soon.

Best,
Paul
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I've been pumping once or twice a day and dumping it. Ugh. I can't bring myself to let it go completely. I am getting better, which is really nice.
~JessieD
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

Hang in there Jessie things will get better. We are all thinking of you and sending you healing thoughts, prayers, vibes, etc. each in his or her own way.

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Well, Jessie, if it's any consolation, all my ducts are sympathizing with yours. Feel better soon.
Tony
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Lambchop wrote:Well, Jessie, if it's any consolation, all my ducts are sympathizing with yours. Feel better soon.
Are you suggesting you're due for a pumping too?
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Tony wrote:
Lambchop wrote:Well, Jessie, if it's any consolation, all my ducts are sympathizing with yours. Feel better soon.
Are you suggesting you're due for a pumping too?

:evil: Oh, goodness! Can't a girl express filial camaraderie without . . . without . . . umm . . . err . . . oh, dear . . . well . . . :oops: