The Crystal People are in my Head!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Boo

The Crystal People are in my Head!

Post by Boo »

I've had several bouts of BPPV -- BENIGN PAROXYSMAL POSITIONAL VERTIGO -- in the past few months. The "doctor" explained that it's when the calcium CRYSTALS in your ear canal shake loose and bump against your nerves, but I know what's really going on.

Why, WHY, are the Chrystal People doing this to me???@#%$%^$%^%^&%^*&^* (*)*#########$%^%^&*^&*&*(E$%!$#%

Boo :boggle:
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Well, I don't know! It don't sound too fun though. Maybe you should go see a doctor instead of a "doctor" :wink: . Seriously, I'm sure that someone who knows more about the Crystal People than I do will be along shortly to answer your question.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Hey!

I've got rocks in my head, too. (If I remember properly, they're called otoliths.) And, yes, I really do.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Denny

Post by Denny »

Well, anything is better than nuttin'

innit? :-?
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Rocks in your head, give me a break. I studied geology for seven years, and I never heard of such a thing. rocks
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

You sure your doctor wasn't one of them?

Did he look like this?
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Boo

Post by Boo »

[quote="Tyler Morris"]You sure your doctor wasn't one of them?

OMG! My doctor WAS that guy from House. How did you know?

Jerry, is that a diagnosis? Otoliths = Ought To Live
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Although some controversy exists regarding the 2 pathophysiologic mechanisms, canalithiasis and cupulolithiasis, agreement is growing that the entities actually coexist and account for different subspecies of BPPV. Canalithiasis (literally, "canal rocks") is defined as the condition of particles residing in the canal portion of the SCCs (in contradistinction to the ampullary portion). These densities are considered to be free floating and mobile, causing vertigo by exerting a force. Conversely, cupulolithiasis (literally, "cupula rocks") refers to densities adhered to the cupula of the crista ampullaris. Cupulolith particles reside in the ampulla of the SCCs and are not free floating.
Apparently, otoliths are normal. The rocksinthehead that cause trouble are called "canaliths" or "cupuloliths." In any case, all such granules are calcium carbonate -- limestone.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Rod Sprague
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Rod Sprague »

Last edited by Rod Sprague on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

An ultra soprano tiny-high-A whistle should dissolve the crystals, if they don't destroy the ear first.

High whistles for ear surgery, low whistles for tectonic plate disruption.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D