No Westcoast Whistle Gathering?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
DCrom
antispam: No

Post by DCrom »

Was thinking about bringing a bread-and-cheese assortment. Or maybe an antipasto platter.

And beer, of course. Do you need soda for the non-beer-drinkers?
monkey587
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by monkey587 »

Once again, I'll be out of town. In the same place I was the last time y'all had one of these gatherings. Oh well.
William Bajzek
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

TonyHiggins wrote:Wouldn't it be less work to just drive down here for the thing than build a trout pond and waterfall?? We'll miss you guys.

Now, about the menu...
Tony
Nope, pond is already in place and we are doing the waterfall anyway.

:D

Y'all have a good time now, ya hear!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

DCrom wrote:Was thinking about bringing a bread-and-cheese assortment. Or maybe an antipasto platter.

And beer, of course. Do you need soda for the non-beer-drinkers?
Were there non-beer drinkers last time? Oh yeah, there were some kids. Bring some soda. Lookin' good.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
quintero

Post by quintero »

Hi Tony,

Plan to bring a large spinach salad.

See you soon!

Leslie
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I'll probably bring what I usually bring (unless you all are heartily sick of 7-layer dip), and maybe some veggie riblets for the grill (shall I bring extra riblets? Any other veggies in the bunch?). Oh yes...and the harp and the whistles.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

Mmmm...I'm getting hungry for 7 layer dip...Of course, I'm just hungry all the time now. :)

J.
stiofan
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Post by stiofan »

I'll most likely bring something with sugar. lots of sugar. probably in the shape of a pie or a cake.
see you then, on oct 7...

S
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Bump!

I didn't see this near the top of the page and got a bit concerned. Tony, do you plan to post anything over on the other groups?
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Guess I should.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
stiofan
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Post by stiofan »

Tony,

So what time are you planning to start up this shindig on Saturday? I have some things to do early on in the day, but looking forward to coming by and seeing you all sometime later in the afternoon.

And by the way, I'm fairly sure you've moved since I was last at your house, so will need to get directions to your new place.

thanks, see you Saturday

-S
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

Yeah, can you send me directions, too?

Thanks,
J.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

We're starting at 2pm. It generally gets busy around 430 or 5 and gets way busy around 6 or 7pm. If you show up early, we can sit outside and have small group sessions. Start in on the beer, if you like. I'll start barbequeing around 530-ish, eat around 6. Once it gets cold out, it'll be a bit crowded inside. We're looking at borrowing an outdoor fireplace for the patio. The neighbors have been warned (and invited, to be on the safe side.) :)

I'll PM directions when I get home this eve.
Tony
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Counting down . . . see you all tomorrow.

Does anyone need a ride from the San Jose area? (Justine? Did things work out for you?)
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Traffice advisement for San Francisco travelers. Fleet Week, Blue Angels, sports events and free concert in Golden Gate Park this weekend. Beware.
Safe driving.
Tony