Bye bye Dublin, back to Cavan!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
flanum
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Bye bye Dublin, back to Cavan!

Post by flanum »

Wahey! Finally getting out of this...erm ... City! :lol:

Just landed a good job in my home town of Cavan.
Well i had fun for 4 and half years but the last six months have wrecked my head! I suppose moving to a dingy bedsit across street from the worst prison in Ireland, onlt two doors from the busiest A&E dept, in the middle of a ghetto, and a few doors from some crack dealers didnt help!

Anyway back home, hope to buy a house in the next 12 months, and do loads of fishing, oh and concentrate on trying to get a hang of these pipes!

So in 3 weeks or so, my location will be Cavan via Dublin via Cavan.

But if there was room, i suppose it would be:

Cavan via Dublin via Skerries via Donabate via Ballinagh via Cavan via Ballyconnell via Ballinamore via Athlone via Cavan via Tel Aviv via Jerusalem via Eilat via Netanya via Cavan via Dundalk via Cavan via Letterkenny via Cavan.

Dont think theres enough room though!
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Wormdiet

Bank of Ireland email scam?

Post by Wormdiet »

I have gotten about 4 emails supposedly from the bank of ireland asking for all sots of sensitive account info. So today I obliged them with bogus info. Anybody else gotten this particular message recently?
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Congratulations! :party: It looks like a lovely place!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
SteveShaw
antispam: No
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Re: Bye bye Dublin, back to Cavan!

Post by SteveShaw »

flanum wrote:Wahey! Finally getting out of this...erm ... City! :lol:

Just landed a good job in my home town of Cavan.
Well i had fun for 4 and half years but the last six months have wrecked my head! I suppose moving to a dingy bedsit across street from the worst prison in Ireland, onlt two doors from the busiest A&E dept, in the middle of a ghetto, and a few doors from some crack dealers didnt help!

Anyway back home, hope to buy a house in the next 12 months, and do loads of fishing, oh and concentrate on trying to get a hang of these pipes!

So in 3 weeks or so, my location will be Cavan via Dublin via Cavan.

But if there was room, i suppose it would be:

Cavan via Dublin via Skerries via Donabate via Ballinagh via Cavan via Ballyconnell via Ballinamore via Athlone via Cavan via Tel Aviv via Jerusalem via Eilat via Netanya via Cavan via Dundalk via Cavan via Letterkenny via Cavan.

Dont think theres enough room though!
Hey, what's going to happen to the Dublin guided tours!! I'm glad we got in before you left, but hang on...
the last six months have wrecked my head!
...we were there only five months ago! Seriously, I know that's what you wanted so nice one, mate. Make sure you buy a house big enough. :wink: And any time you're inclined to visit the kingdom of Cornwall give us a shout! :)
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
alurker

Post by alurker »

Hey congrats Flanum. Good oul' spot Cavan. It sonds like good timing but guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy your return weekend trips to Dublin.
Innocent Bystander

Re: Bye bye Dublin, back to Cavan!

Post by Innocent Bystander »

flanum wrote:
Sure there's a great deal to be said for taking the pretty way round.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Coffee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Coffee »

The circle closes on itself and we finish where we began
And in the end we go the same way home.
I hope this move proves well for you.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Good news Flan, home is where the heart is.
djm

Post by djm »

Is there a piping histopry in Cavan? You're better off if there isn't - nothing you have to live up to. :wink:

Best of luck!

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
gregorygraham

Post by gregorygraham »

Did you hear the one about what the Cavan man did with the kids at Christmas time? Took the kids to visit Santie's grave. Apparently Cavan people are tight wads. Fair? I don't know
Gregory Graham
Toronto
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Nicky and I reckon the thatched bungalow. A bit more cat-swinging room there. Are you having a look at 'em? Make sure it's near a pub or three. :D
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
flanum

Post by flanum »

SteveShaw wrote:Nicky and I reckon the thatched bungalow. A bit more cat-swinging room there. Are you having a look at 'em? Make sure it's near a pub or three. :D
I will be looking properly in a few weeks when i get properly settled in cavan in the new job!
this is my last week at work in Dublin, and i have all of next week to pack etc. I will be renting a room temporarily from a friend in Cavan town until i know what the bank manager says! :o

Incidentally, those houses (including the thatch one) are all located in or around Belturbet town( about 8 miles from Cavan town) Belturbet has a thriving fishing touristy attraction (river erne) several sesiuns per week, and a resident Uilleann pipes teacher (pj flood)! So i think id be quite happy in that wee town!
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Looks as if you'll be in Cavan just before Dublin house prices get there. It may seem ridiculous, but to anyone used to the ludicrous prices of Dublin property, both those houses look like knockdown bargains.

I have to admit that the cottage has an undeniable charm, it would be tempting to go for romance rather than practicality, and it seems to have been done up nicely.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

The house prices are pretty ridiculous even in Cavan, unfortunately.

Anyway, good luck with the move Flanum & good luck with those crazy Cavan musicians. We'll have to have a tune on the pipes sometime when we are over there...although it might be a while before we go over again, depends how much trouble the baby turns out to be.

Later,

J.