My T-shirt design

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

My T-shirt design

Post by Flyingcursor »

Here you go guys. Download and take it away. :lol: :lol:

I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Uhh... :oops:
Reasonable person
Walden
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

It might say, "Lose a pair, leave the seat up." Kind of a 'make my day' threat.:o
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
missy

Post by missy »

Flydood - you and I need to talk............ :evil:
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

I am with you all the way, flyingc, for where is it written that the default state of a toilet seat is the down position. We could just as easily declare the default to be "seat up," and then we could assume the moral high ground for ourselves.

My personal favorite will be using the "you never" line, so that even if she leaves the seat up 99 times out of a hundred, I will get to say "You never leave the seat up" and have an unarguable position. Closely related is the "you always" maneuver, as in "You always leave the seat down."

And then I will cry and lock myself in the garage -- "Just leave me alone right now."

And now, if all of you will excuse me, I have to go watch Dr. Phil.
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

gonzo914 wrote:I am with you all the way, flyingc, for where is it written that the default state of a toilet seat is the down position. We could just as easily declare the default to be "seat up," and then we could assume the moral high ground for ourselves.

My personal favorite will be using the "you never" line, so that even if she leaves the seat up 99 times out of a hundred, I will get to say "You never leave the seat up" and have an unarguable position. Closely related is the "you always" maneuver, as in "You always leave the seat down."

And then I will cry and lock myself in the garage -- "Just leave me alone right now."

And now, if all of you will excuse me, I have to go watch Dr. Phil.
I love the "you never" and "you always" lines. They come in handy on so many occasions. Closely related is the "if you ever.." line. Sort of an inverse "you never".

I'd hoped this thread would spark greater morale indignation.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Flyingcursor wrote:

I'd hoped this thread would spark greater morale indignation.

I am so totally morally indignant.... that is all.

Did that help any? :D
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Personally, I feel that if a woman is willing to live with a little urine on the seat to help your accuracy that it would be cruel to ever lift the seat. This is a useful skill for those times when you go to someone's house with one of those oversize padded seats that will NOT stay up on it's own.

This debate is foreign to me though, having a medicine cabinet over the toilet has made it so that neither one of us ever leave the cover open (not to mention the seat). Having to fish a fingernail file or toothbrush out of the toilet once pretty much cures you of allowing the dog to have a “second” water dish (not that we have dogs). This is also a good habit to get into if you go to those “less than rustic/improved” camp areas that have pit toilets, as it helps to keep the wildlife out.

It does make me wonder though, why do public bathrooms rarely have lids? The fact that the flush leaver is almost always on the left seems natural (and probably explains the shorter life span of left handed people) but the lack of a lid seems odd.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Besides, if you leave the seat up, it gives you a bigger target when you're operating on sonar in the dark.

And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Problem:Toilet seat debate....

Solution:
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

I.D.10-t wrote: It does make me wonder though, why do public bathrooms rarely have lids? The fact that the flush leaver is almost always on the left seems natural (and probably explains the shorter life span of left handed people) but the lack of a lid seems odd.
I think there are a couple of reasons.

1. It's hard to clean around the hardware that holds the lid on, and it takes more time. Anything that takes more time is going to cost the janitorial service more money to pay for the employee who has to do the work. If the toilets are in public parks, that's more taxpayer dollars spent, and they will raise taxes to cover that.

2. Chances are the lids would just get broken off by vandals anyway. That's why the restrooms in the public parks around here don't have doors on each stall - they've been broken too many times and it's expensive to keep replacing them.

My husband is really good about leaving the seat down - but then, his father died when he was young and he grew up with just his mother and sister in the house, so he was outnumbered! :)

Check this out: http://www.toiletnet.com
Charlene
djm

Post by djm »

Why no lids?

Because we love wildlife.

Because girls need to see, too.
(Its amazing how many girls have published images of themselves on the net standing on a toilet. What's the big deal?)

For cosmetic reasons.

And I am unable to find an on-line version of one of the funniest Far Side cartoons of all time: two cubicles in a public washroom, clearly an Egyptian mummy is occupying one, suffering from several loose bandages, a regular guy with his pants down in the second cubicle, and a caption that read something like,"It was an innocent mistake, but Bob was about to experience the full Wrath of the Mummy".

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

gonzo914 wrote:I am with you all the way, flyingc, for where is it written that the default state of a toilet seat is the down position. We could just as easily declare the default to be "seat up," and then we could assume the moral high ground for ourselves.
In the navy, the default was to leave the seat up (called "saluting the head").

The rationale was practical. If you had crabs, and left some on the toilet seat, it was hoped that dropping the seat would knock them off. Or so it was explained to us.

heh
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Flyingcursor wrote:...

I love the "you never" and "you always" lines. They come in handy on so many occasions. Closely related is the "if you ever.." line. Sort of an inverse "you never". ...
I like to say, "Let me know, if you ever.....". It adds a nice sarcastic touch I think.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Lids etc are all well and good, but maybe some German C&Ff ers can back me up on this one!

A few years ago, i was living with my then girlfriend who was German.

Now she insisted that i SAT DOWN while peeing, she was adamant that this was the German thing to do, something about feministic battleing sexes or something, we were actually living in Dublin at the time and she would literally explode if any of my mates came to visit and obviously didnt sit!!!!

Now i only used to sit when she was also in the bathroom, but it took me about 3 years to get used to this! Needless to say i didnt sit when she wasnt in there with me!

She even went as far as importing a few posters from Germany that depicted no standing (ill try to find one on the net now!)!

Could any Germans back me up on this?

Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?