I WAS so pregnant!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gonzo914 »

Wait until she figures out that she'e only going to get about half as much stuff and about ten percent of the attention as she did before the baby was born. Right now, she thinks that when you get your lap back, she'll be sitting on it. She'll really love the little tyke when she finds out she only gets the lap leftovers.

Keep her little fingers away from his soft spot.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

Nah, I don't think the baby will replace her. Sure, I'll be exhausted, but I know from past experience that I will feel much more human after the baby is out than I have lately, and she will be pleased to see me feeling better than I have in a long, long time. After a few days, I'll be able to get down on the floor with her and do the stuff she wishes I could do now.
~JessieD
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

Good luck Jessie! As a person who's pregnant for the first time, I can really relate to the freaking out about weight thing. When I first stepped on the scale and weighed more than I ever have before in my life, I was totally panicking.

Now I have gained about 25 lbs. already, which is what you're supposed to gain in the whole pregnancy, and I am only 6 months in!!! (I'm not as big as you yet but I ain't posting any pics! :wink: ) I was figuring if I keep gaining weight at this rate, I will gain 60 lbs. Well, I am just hoping I lose it fast afterwards, cause people tell me that's what happens. So I 'm sure you will lose it fast, too. :)

Hopefully your baby will make an appearance soon & they don't have to induce. Keep us posted & congratulations!

Justine
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

BTW, did you ever pick a name?

J.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Among the antics perpetrated upon her sibs by my firstborn:
She covered the first with a pillow.
She colored the second's nose purple with a marker.
She dropped her brother (the third) for effect.

And where were you Emm, you ask? (or not, because this is boring.)
About 5 to 10 feet away in all cases.* Toddlers are quick.
And they've all survived to near-adulthood.

Not to worry. Yours will be angelic. I'm sure.

*oops. slight exagg. The purple-nose baby was crawling by then. Crawled into the next room then returned with a purple nose.
Last edited by emmline on Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Congratulations, Justine! A first pregnancy is very exciting! I gained 40 pounds the first time, lost all of it afterwards, then gained back 20 as soon as I stopped dieting. I was incredibly sick with this pregnancy, though, for about 7 and a half months, so I have gained only about 20 pounds this time. In other words, I ended up at the same weight (though I am more pregnant than I was when Joey was born). This time, after I stop breastfeeding, I am going to get acupuncture. We tried for 10 months to conceive this one, and I went for acupuncture and conceived within three days. I think it restarted my system. I lost 7 pounds within a week of acupuncture, chainging nothing. I am hopeful that it will have a similar effect (minus the pregnancy part!!) when I get it this time.

My sister-in-law gained 60 pounds with her first child and lost it fairly easily. It comes down to metabolism.

Are you having a boy or girl?

Yes, we picked a name. Linus. :)
~JessieD
Denny

Post by Denny »

emmline wrote:Not to worry. Yours will be angelic. I'm sure.
:lol: :lol: right! :lol: :lol:
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

fearfaoin wrote:Mama Cass appears to want to consume me.
She could consume me all she wants. She was hot! Or as they say in internets parlance, she was "teh hawt".

She didn't like the "Mama" thing.

BTW congrats Jessie. I didn't know. Maybe you could coax the baby out with it's favorite food.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

feadogin wrote: As a person who's pregnant for the first time, I can really relate to the freaking out about weight thing. When I first stepped on the scale and weighed more than I ever have before in my life, I was totally panicking.

Justine
You too? Congrats. I wonder if it's something going around the web?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

JessieK wrote: Are you having a boy or girl?

Cool! We are having a boy & we're calling him Eoghan (pronounced Owen) Francis.

J.
emmline

Post by emmline »

feadogin wrote:
JessieK wrote: Are you having a boy or girl?

Cool! We are having a boy & we're calling him Eoghan (pronounced Owen) Francis.

J.
Good names. There are, of course, the obvious associations with Linus, but usually, when you get to know a person, he/she becomes your representation of the name more than the well-known icon.
Eoghan is going to learn at a very young age, how to correct the pronunciation of every teacher, etc, he has. My niece's name is Ethnie. The Gaelic spelling would be Eithne, but my sis-in-law insisted on the spelling that would give people a shot at pronouncing it correctly the first time.
Don't you hate having people dissect your name choice before the kid even gets a chance to try it on? Sorry.
Last edited by emmline on Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

I hear ya, Emm...When I told my friend our baby's name, he said, "That sounds like something from Lord of the Rings!" And I was like, "Yeah it does, huh?" :lol:

J.
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

But you haven't named your Rogge set yet!!!
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Linus, as in Van Pelt? Just watch Joey turn into Lucy :D
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

JessieK wrote:Well, our first was born 3 weeks and 2 days early. We'd had an argument...then we, um, made up. My water broke the next morning.

I am 6 days more pregnant than I was when she was born. I guess we need to have an argument.
any excuse to make up, eh? :D