TinPenny WhistleCast: Episode 1

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
waltcamp45
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

TinPenny WhistleCast: Episode 1

Post by waltcamp45 »

Folks,

Episode 1 of the TinPenny WhistleCast is available. I hope you'll tune in and visit us at www.tinpennywhistlecast.com. (You can listen to the show on the Web site without having to subscribe to the podcast.)

The episode features an interview with James Donohoe of Feadog Online and a commentary on switching playing hands. Also, we announce the results of a recent theme vote ... and present a new challenger.

We're still looking for music and contributions for future shows. Whether it's an interview, an instrument review, or a commentary ... if it's about tin whistles, there's a place for it on the TinPenny WhistleCast!

E-mail me at tinpennywhistlecast@gmail.com for details.

Best,

Walt

PS: A big thanks to the folks (several of whom are from the C&F community) who helped to make the show possible.
CRC

Post by CRC »

Just finished listening to it. Can't wait for the next one. :D
waltcamp45

Post by waltcamp45 »

CRC wrote:Just finished listening to it. Can't wait for the next one. :D
Thanks for the kind words!

Walt
Screeeech!!!

Post by Screeeech!!! »

Nice one Walt. Keep up the good work. :D

?
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

nicely and professionally done..I've never really listened to a podcast before, but enjoyed it quite a bit and look forward to more.
waltcamp45

Post by waltcamp45 »

Thanks, Wanderer & Screeeech.

Some folks may be put off by the term "podcast"--I prefer to think of it as radio on demand: listen to what you want, when you want, where you want.

As for its professional-sounding quality, thanks! But the truth is, all that was needed was a decent microphone and the free audio recording & editing software Audacity. I admit this not to humble myself (though that's almost never a bad thing) but to point out how simple this all is, in hopes some of the C&F gang will take part in the fun.

One of my goals for TPWC is to capture (in a different medium) the same amazing sense of community that exists here (in fact, it was a key inspiration for the show)!

Keep listenin', keep whistlin',

Walt
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Wish I could access your efforts, Walt. 9 out of 10 attempts failed and crashed my browser. During the one attempt, the home page loaded and I tried to access the pod cast, itself. It said it was 'buffering'. 10 minutes later it was still buffering. I gave up.

Best.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
waltcamp45

Post by waltcamp45 »

Byll wrote:Wish I could access your efforts, Walt. 9 out of 10 attempts failed and crashed my browser. During the one attempt, the home page loaded and I tried to access the pod cast, itself. It said it was 'buffering'. 10 minutes later it was still buffering. I gave up.

Best.
Byll
Byll,

Ouch! I'm really sorry to hear this. As far as I know, this is the first time someone has had trouble accessing the cast. May I ask a bit about your setup: what browser (and version) and which operating system are you using?

Also, I should mention that to listen to the cast from the Web site, you need to have a recent version of Macromedia/Adobe's Flash player. Perhaps it's the culprit (Flash can be a bit tempermental).

To access the cast directly (without fussing with the media player on the site), visit http://tinpennywhistlecast.com/podcasts/TPWC_ep1.mp3. If you can hear the show then (but not by using the player on the site's home page), that really makes me think this if a Flash-related problem.

Please don't give up! I'll see if I can find/figure out what's wrong.

Best,

Walt
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

waltcamp45 wrote:Thanks, Wanderer & Screeeech.

Some folks may be put off by the term "podcast"--I prefer to think of it as radio on demand: listen to what you want, when you want, where you want.

As for its professional-sounding quality, thanks! But the truth is, all that was needed was a decent microphone and the free audio recording & editing software Audacity. I admit this not to humble myself (though that's almost never a bad thing) but to point out how simple this all is, in hopes some of the C&F gang will take part in the fun.

One of my goals for TPWC is to capture (in a different medium) the same amazing sense of community that exists here (in fact, it was a key inspiration for the show)!

Keep listenin', keep whistlin',

Walt
Nah, it's more than a mic. I assume that you're doing the narrating? You've got a nice professional quality cadence in your cast...easy to listen to.
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Well, Walt, when something keeps my attention that long and lures me back
(rather hooks me) it's special. Thank you.

Mack
waltcamp45

Post by waltcamp45 »

Mack.Hoover wrote:Well, Walt, when something keeps my attention that long and lures me back
(rather hooks me) it's special. Thank you.

Mack
Thanks, Mack! Much appreciated.

Walt
King Friday

Post by King Friday »

It was awesome Walt, I enjoyed listening to it. I'm really glad you went through with your plans, I always have lofty goals like that but I never follow through with them. Keep up the good work!
tsightguyzed

Post by tsightguyzed »

Well, I have no option but to affirm the statements of my previous speakers; good sound quality and clear articulation. Even for me as no native english speaker it was possible to listen steadily (while reading some other stuff in addition). :thumbsup:
"To do is to be." - Seneca, "To be is to do." - Sartre, "Dobedobedo" - Sinatra
waltcamp45

Post by waltcamp45 »

Thanks, King Friday & tsightguyzed.

I, too, am great at starting projects and lousy at completing them. Thankfully, there were other folks (mainly chiffers and fipplers in the beginning) who supported the idea, and before long I'd talked about it often enough and broadly enough that I more or less had to follow through.

Walt

PS: If we ever do a memoir on the TinPenny WhistleCast, here's the first sentence: "In the beginning, there was Chiff & Fipple." Has a nice ring, no?