Uh oh! Marian isn't a Planarian! Help!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Nanohedron wrote:Run away! Run away!

:lol: You better high tail it, too!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

http://www.museum.vic.gov.au/bugs/resources/orders.aspx?orderID=18 wrote:One in every three known species of animals on Earth is a beetle.
That seems pretty surprising. I mean I knew there were a lot of species of bugs, but......
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Solpugid mouthparts.

"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Hey, Cynth! Surely you must know about this:

http://www.ent.iastate.edu/misc/insectsasfood.html

Cuisine from your own back yard. Literally.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Nanohedron wrote:Hey, Cynth! Surely you must know about this:

http://www.ent.iastate.edu/misc/insectsasfood.html

Cuisine from your own back yard. Literally.
Well, no. I didn't realize they were spending their time making
MEALWORM-COVERED CARAMEL APPLES INSTEAD OF FIGURING OUT HOW TO GET RID OF ALL THESE DANG EARWIGS WE HAVE!!!!!! :x :swear: :x
"Above: In the midst of preparing mealworm-coated caramel apples, members Carol Fassbinder, Jennifer Mueller and Gretchen Schultz pose with Ripley's director. Note nutritional information on the chalkboard."

Do Carol, Jennifer, and Gretchen look like they are gritting their teeth while they are smiling? They do to me. I think they would like the fellow from Ripley's Believe It or Not to remove his arms and himself from their kitchen. Note how Carol has cleverly lowered herself so as to be out of his reach.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth, I know we've talked about this before, but have you tried sprinkling a little diatomaceous earth around the house? It's harmless to you and your kitties, but it may get rid of those earwigs.

It consists of the sharply pointed skeletons of ancient sea creatures. Pokes little holes in the bugs and they dry out.

Marian is much cuter than those pictures. She's resting today after her big meals.
Rod Sprague

Post by Rod Sprague »

My attitude about insects in the house is to keep things as reasonably clean as possible and then treat anyone that comes in as just a consequence of living on Earth. I am rather fond of the various living organisms I’m always running into. I get to collect and breed various cultures of fungi for my mycology class this semester! If I can get pictures, I can share with the rest of you. I also ordered some parts for my fusion reactor, so I can update that thread, too!

Rod
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Rod Sprague wrote:... I get to collect and breed various cultures of fungi for my mycology class this semester! If I can get pictures, I can share with the rest of you. I also ordered some parts for my fusion reactor, so I can update that thread, too!

Rod
By all means. The world awaits with a worm on its tongue.
:wink:

(i.e., with baited breath).
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Or a worm in its jaws. Marian turns out to be a little eating machine. I think she's growing.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Lambchop wrote:Or a worm in its jaws. Marian turns out to be a little eating machine. I think she's growing.
Lambchop, please, please be careful. Marian may be a cute little non-planarian, but remember -- she is still a wild animal. I would so hate to see the same thing happen to you that happened to Roy. Or Sigfried. Whichever. You are so much cuter with a head and without your guts sucked out.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Nanohedron wrote:Image
Uh oh.
Rod Sprague

Post by Rod Sprague »

Cynth wrote:
Uh oh.
I wouldn’t worry about hearing that creature clawing through the front door. That looks to be a scanning electron micrograph of some sort of mite. I would guess that creature is likely to be less than 1mm long. I would like to know what it is, though!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Rod Sprague wrote:
Cynth wrote:
Uh oh.
I wouldn’t worry about hearing that creature clawing through the front door. That looks to be a scanning electron micrograph of some sort of mite. I would guess that creature is likely to be less than 1mm long. I would like to know what it is, though!
Yeah, but now we're going to have to hear how these things are living all around us, in our beds, in our pillows, everywhere, eating our sloughed off skin cells! Yuck!