Northeast Chiff and Fipple gathering?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Tyghress wrote:Okay, folks....lets iron this out....how about the last Saturday in July at the Powdermill Barn (Sweets place)? I got an okay from Walt, so all I need is an okay from the C&F crowd.

I was thinking maybe potluck, be sure to bring bathing suits, and any other instruments we can round up. . .still an interest?

Tyg
Works for us!!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
BD
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BD »

Works for me, too.

Butch
I care not who makes the laws of a country as long as I can listen to their music!
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

I'll miss you guys, but I can't complain; I'll be in Ireland. Have fun.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Tyghress wrote:Okay, folks....lets iron this out....how about the last Saturday in July at the Powdermill Barn (Sweets place)? I got an okay from Walt, so all I need is an okay from the C&F crowd.

I was thinking maybe potluck, be sure to bring bathing suits, and any other instruments we can round up. . .still an interest?

Tyg
I will come if at all possible. It's a bit of a drive from here, but that's okay. Sounds like a blast!
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
CapnDistracto

Post by CapnDistracto »

Being a little selfish, I'd like to attend at the Sweet's, as I'm already in CT. It would be nice to get over my typical internet shyness at a face to face gathering. I've been meaning to take a trip to their workshop for months, as scheduling issues mucked up my plans last fall.
When life gives you lemons...
... Throw'em the hell back until it gives you the damn oranges you asked for in the first place.
preacher
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am in my 70s and played music since fourth grade. Paid gigs include everything starting with church solos in 4th grade, nightclubs starting 9th grade, and worship ministry. Had a 29 year career teaching high school music both choral and instrumental. I've played several instruments starting with trumpet as my main ax. I added flute, sax and keys after college. Early 2000s whistles were added to my arsenal. I'm back to playing again after a 5 year hiatus.

Post by preacher »

Saturday 7/29 sounds like a date I could make. I'll just be done with a week af Vacation Bible School. Picture leading 180-200 pumped- :lol: up 5 to 12 year olds - exhilarating/exhausting! :boggle: :lol: :shock: :) I might have an AM rehearsal but I'm close enough to still get down if that's the case.
Questions:
So what time do things get started in Enfield CT?
Why the bathngsuit? - some therapy in a spa might hit the spot.
If this is potluck are we bringing lunch/dinner and for how many or just cookout food?
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

The bathing suit is because the Powdermill Barn is on the bank of the Scantic River, which means you can go across the bridge, down to the water, and sit on the rocks watching kids go over the little rapids in inner tubes. It is cool...and at the end of July, cool and wet are great ideas.

Let's head for 1:00...no ending time set (last year people wandered in until people started wandering out)...and for potluck I sure wouldn't bring more than a casserole size portion of whatever. If there are a dozen people with food, that would mean a fair sample of this and that. If I recall, there is a grill for hotdogs/hamburgers/whatever.

Don't not come if it rains...the barn will be available to us.

Anyone good at organizing this sort of thing?

Anyway...if you have Google Earth, you may want to search for 32 South Maple Street Enfield CT and take a look at the site!
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Tom Dowling
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

It looks like I am not going to have the same good fortune as last year--a ride with a highly skilled and willing driver in a fine little turbo powered short--and no stranger to C & F at that!!

If anyone is going from the NYC area, give me a hoot and perhaps we can get a few folks in one car. I am not opposed to driving, but would gladly have the honor fall elsewhere.

Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise (this is an old Brooklyn saying), I'll be there.

Tom D.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

That sounds great. I asked a friend of mine who is a Flute/Whiste/Bodhran/Vocal/Guitar teacher if he would like to come and he said sure, I will email him the details. I also talked to LE McCullough in April and he was interested in coming again, he actually asked me about it.

Too bad we'll miss PhilO and his new Abells.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

bump

We're on for Saturday, July 29, starting about 1:30 until whenever. . .come and join us!

How many can we expect?
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
slowair

Post by slowair »

Count me in.

Mike Reagan
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

Tyghress wrote:bump

How many can we expect?
Two here!
Got wood?
BD

Post by BD »

I'll be there, too!
I care not who makes the laws of a country as long as I can listen to their music!
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

BD wrote:I'll be there, too!
Butch, where in Western Mass are you located?
/Bloomfield
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

What would people think of having a potluck meal at the gathering?
Got wood?