Britney Spears

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the fake boobs.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
straycat82

Post by straycat82 »

Yeah, those... they match the rest of her.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I think Weeks put it well. Our pop culture presently worships at the shrine of the Meat Puppet.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

The Weekenders wrote:As opposed to the concept of having higher and higher benchmarks, Britney represents a lower benchmark of mainstream culture. She seems like a white trash princess, as far as I can tell.

Put it all together with the butt tattoos, the objectification of women, the lichen culture and she fits right in.

Whoa there. Let's not be ragging the lichen culture. I mean that's why there's an internet isn't it?
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

straycat82 wrote:All I have to say about her is:
"Ewwww"
I have never been attracted to her anymore than I am attracted to Paris Hilton. No matter how much makeup they put on, no matter who does their hair or picks their clothes, they look trashy to me.
I'd pick Heidi Talbot over Britney any day. She's sweet, she's adorable, and she can sing in Gaelic. :D
Flyingcursor wrote: Whoa there. Let's not be ragging the lichen culture. I mean that's why there's an internet isn't it?
Really? All this time I thought it was Al Gore! :P
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

djm wrote:
fearfaoin wrote:A passable voice will be accepted if it is accomanied by a pretty face and large bust
Works for me! :twisted:
I bet you don't care if this girl can play, either:

djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

fearfaoin wrote:I bet you don't care if this girl can play, either:
CORRECTAMUNDO!!!!! :boggle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I admit to feeling sorry for Britney. She was a child when her career started and that means adults in her life share responsibility. Because she had something going on that a lot of people evidently like, she became a huge star. Now, as often happens with superstars, her 15 minutes may be up and so now people make sport out of harassing her and making fun of her. She stumbles a bit while carrying her baby (something I suspect I did at let once in the course of raising my own kids) and people all over the world are evaluating her parenting skills. I think it's sad. I think if I were her (I know that requires a bit of imagination), I'd put together the money I have and buy a smallish place in the boondocks somewhere and go live there.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Dale wrote:I admit to feeling sorry for Britney. She was a child when her career started and that means adults in her life share responsibility. Because she had something going on that a lot of people evidently like, she became a huge star. Now, as often happens with superstars, her 15 minutes may be up and so now people make sport out of harassing her and making fun of her. She stumbles a bit while carrying her baby (something I suspect I did at let once in the course of raising my own kids) and people all over the world are evaluating her parenting skills. I think it's sad. I think if I were her (I know that requires a bit of imagination), I'd put together the money I have and buy a smallish place in the boondocks somewhere and go live there.
No kidding. The way I see it, she was sacrificed, in a way. I don't think it's good vision to put the blame on her: she just happened to be available and appropriate to what the masses wanted. Again, I think pop culture was given what it asked for, and it became her lot to play the part. I wonder what she thinks of her celebrity at this point. Maybe she feels stuck.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

Nanohedron wrote:
Dale wrote:I admit to feeling sorry for Britney. She was a child when her career started and that means adults in her life share responsibility. Because she had something going on that a lot of people evidently like, she became a huge star. Now, as often happens with superstars, her 15 minutes may be up and so now people make sport out of harassing her and making fun of her. She stumbles a bit while carrying her baby (something I suspect I did at let once in the course of raising my own kids) and people all over the world are evaluating her parenting skills. I think it's sad. I think if I were her (I know that requires a bit of imagination), I'd put together the money I have and buy a smallish place in the boondocks somewhere and go live there.
No kidding. The way I see it, she was sacrificed, in a way. I don't think it's good vision to put the blame on her: she just happened to be available and appropriate to what the masses wanted. Again, I think pop culture was given what it asked for, and it became her lot to play the part. I wonder what she thinks of her celebrity at this point. Maybe she feels stuck.
You know, I agree with both of you. The "industry" often has a nasty habit of creating poster children for their products, and when that product is no longer selling the way they think it should, the poster child gets the axe.

If Britney wants to take up the whistle and hang out with the likes of us now, she's more than welcome. That's why I...
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Oh, and just to be clear, I see her being "sacrificed" as including the beginning of her career. Panem et circenses, like.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Had to look up which pop star you were talking about. I didn’t realize that there was a Mickey mouse Club in the 1990’s. She was on the list.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

chas wrote:I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the fake boobs.
You're not surprised I didn't mention it.
Reasonable person
Walden
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Walden wrote:
chas wrote:I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the fake boobs.
You're not surprised I didn't mention it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Flyingcursor wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:As opposed to the concept of having higher and higher benchmarks, Britney represents a lower benchmark of mainstream culture. She seems like a white trash princess, as far as I can tell.

Put it all together with the butt tattoos, the objectification of women, the lichen culture and she fits right in.

Whoa there. Let's not be ragging the lichen culture. I mean that's why there's an internet isn't it?
Yes.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up