Ok, I'm ready for a vacation now

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
beowulf573
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Ok, I'm ready for a vacation now

Post by beowulf573 »

So, this has been my life in the past 18 months....
<ul>
<li>Prepare leave for India to get married...</li>
<li>The day before, get laid off and chip a tooth, in the front. Luckily I have a dentist friend who fixed it up for the photos.</li>
<li>Come back, get married again. Yes, to the same lovely lady.</li>
<li>Get a new job, but two days before starting get hit by an uninsured drunk driver.</li>
<li>Spend the summer undergoing physical therapy</li>
<li>Replace the car that was already paid off</li>
<li>Finally start the new job</li>
<li>Sell my old house.</li>
<li>Buy a new house and move!</li>
<li>Pay a massive tax bill because of having to cash in stock from leaving hold company (see first item!)</li>
<li>Pass out, spend several weeks seeing doctors only to find out my congenital heart defect which has never given me any trouble has suddenly gotten worse and now I need a balloon catherization in the pulmonary valve</li>
<li>Start paying all the medical bills from the above tests and try to see if I can still make my summer trip and get surgery afterwards.</li>
</ul>
*sigh*, I'm glad I already paid for the trip to East Durham and can't get my money back, I need a break!
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
Jack

Post by Jack »

I will pray for you. *hugs* I hope things get better soon.
carrie

Post by carrie »

May happier, easier times be right around the corner. So sorry to hear of all those troubles. Soak in every second of the East Durham experience!

Carol
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I remember seeing your lovely wedding pictures. Enjoy your break and I hope all goes well. It sounds like a lot of highs and lows in a short period. That could wear a person out!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Eddie: Hey, lots going on! The trip to East Durham sounds like just what the doctor ordered, after all! Good thing you're going, I'm sure it will do you a world of good.

I bet you're enjoying the new house!

Keep in touch!
Mary
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

Thanks. I'm really just venting out of frustration rather than depression. Things are good overall, I'm just need a break from having to deal with one thing after another.

Which is another way of saying I'm just whining. :D

So far the house is great, still putting some money into it to fix up a few things. I finally unpacked all of my books last weekend. Mary, you should come down to the Sunday slow session again sometime.

Eddie
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

I heard an Irish musician talking about a sick friend who was in bed. He said that he and some others went to the sick friend and played some jigs and reels. The friend soon got out of bed and "never looked back." I hope such healing happens for you at East Durham.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Pullin' for ya, Eddie.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Have a wonderful vacation! :)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Feel better! Enjoy your vacation.

Have you had your cath yet? If not, I have a warning for you. A lot of places let you have a headset so you can listen to music, since you mostly just lay there for hours with nothing going on. We do that, too, but most of our patients are WWII vintage, so the music is mostly Frank Sinatra. At best, they may have some oily New Age feel-good stuff.

Best bring your own Irish CDs. :wink:
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Ouch! You definatelyneed a break! The R&R ought to be just in time.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

beowulf573 wrote:Thanks. I'm really just venting out of frustration rather than depression. Things are good overall, I'm just need a break from having to deal with one thing after another.

Which is another way of saying I'm just whining. :D

So far the house is great, still putting some money into it to fix up a few things. I finally unpacked all of my books last weekend. Mary, you should come down to the Sunday slow session again sometime.

Eddie
Eddie: My books are STILL mostly packed in boxes in the garage! After two or more years....Horrors!

As for the slow session, hopefully soon! we (FINALLY) got a 3rd PA on-board, so that will help with the weekend call.....WHEN she gets her hospital priviledges! :o My on-call weekends corresponded exactly with the slow session weekends!

Mary
LeeMarsh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by LeeMarsh »

Eddie,
I sympathize, having had a similar run of marriages, health, and vocational upheavals. I'm looking forward to the vacation I paid for to Swannanoa in July.

Just as a note, here's my rollercoaster.
  • Daughter, Rebecca, got engaged to a great guy, the father of her first child.
  • After buying her very expensive dress, she got pregnant with her second child.
  • They moved into a new house
  • She got married in April.
  • My other daughter quit her job, moved in, moved back out (leaving her furniture so we couldn't use our guest bedroom) and is still un-employed.
  • My Wife quit her job last august and is still unemployed. though she has something going on the side and did work Nov & Dec at Walmart. Our budget needs 1.5 incomes.
  • The day before my daughter's wedding I was diagnosed with Cancer, so I've I spent the last 4 weeks in work-at-home status while recovering from surgery. I am now cancer free so that looks good.
  • I wrote a proposal in January that everyone liked. After 4 expansions and 3 more re-writes for a presentation that was postponed on a week to week basis for 3 months, it was finally approved week before last. Good news is that it include me training for a better position.
Much of this stuff is good stuff or has had good outcomes; but, I'm looking forward to my vacation at Swannanoa and just playing music all day and night.

So Eddie, enjoy your vacation and ...
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.
Sliabh Luachra

Post by Sliabh Luachra »

I just finished my last day of work until August. Heavy sigh of relief. If there's anything I can do to help, Eddie. . . from long distance. . . I could fed ex you some fresh eggs or goats milk. . . uh. . . or not. Anyway, I'll see you in E. Durham. I'll be in Mike Rafferty's class all day (I decided to forgo Jackie's box class this year).

Mark
"Only a mediocre person is always at his best." -Somerset Maugham
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

Good on ya Lee, glad to hear it cleared up.

And I like Frank Sinatra, so I may luck out.

Hmm, goat's milk. Although I shudder (udder?) to think what it would be like after a few days in a UPS van.

I'm already feeling better, but that may be the warm Sake talking.
Eddie