Helpful advice for all the Laydeez out there!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
flanum
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Helpful advice for all the Laydeez out there!

Post by flanum »

http://www.ladiesagainstfeminism.com/artman/publish/
Seeing as i came across this site while on another topic, i thought id share it with you! Consider its wonderful liberal views in the 21st century! :lol:
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Jack

Post by Jack »

Their slogan "Promoting beautiful womanhood" sort of implies that there is an ugly womanhood that they don't promote.
Feminism and Related Issues
The liberal baby bust
What's the difference between Seattle and Salt Lake City? There are many differences, of course, but here's one you might not know. In Seattle, there are nearly 45% more dogs than children. In Salt Lake City, there are nearly 19% more kids than dogs. This curious fact might at first seem trivial, but it reflects a much broader and little-noticed demographic trend that has deep implications for the future of global culture and politics. It's not that people in a progressive city such as Seattle are so much fonder of dogs than are people in a conservative city such as Salt Lake City. It's that progressives are so much less likely to have children.
That's kind of odd...although I don't like to be called a "progressive" because that word has come into use by those who believe "liberal" is a dirty word. I'm a (dirty!) liberal.
Last edited by Jack on Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Talkin' about "The Right to 'Abondon' (sic) Your Child" ?? :o

M
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

Ideologies such as this give me the willies. The surface appearance is so gentle and beneficent, but ultimately they herd adherents into a pink, fluffy, gentle and beneficent paddock. (To be fair, some of the paddock's inhabitants find it quite comfortable.)

Circumscribed schools of thought have this funny little way of trying to make you feel like giving your imagination free reign is naughty.

Happily, if one is confused about how to dress, "Lady Lydia" offers the following advice:
If you aren't used to dresses, I encourage you, as the weather becomes warmer, to just try wearing them at home at first, until it becomes second-nature to you. Dressing more feminely will require undergarments to prevent the see-through look. Add a petticoat, slip, bloomers or leggings to create more comfort.
She helpfully provides a link for any who don't already possess the suggested undergarments. I've been avoiding a/c to save $. Little did I know that bloomers and a petticoat were the missing key to greater comfort.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Me
Here is an example of the contrast we are talking about. The woman on the left has buried her God-given distinctiveness under layers of drab, mannish clothing. In her heart, she might be a delightful, sweet woman, but her exterior is telling a different story. While we do not have the right to judge the state of her heart, it would be difficult for someone to see that her heart is living a different story than her garments are telling us.
Lady Agnew
The beautiful Lady Agnew on the right portrays a serene, delicate femininity. Again, we do not know the state of her heart, but the story her clothing tells us is one of a woman who delights in her uniqueness as a woman and finds it wonderful to express that femininity in a visible way. Feminine modesty isn’t just about the exact square inches of flesh covered up—if that were the case, the woman on the left would win the “modesty” contest. But God doesn’t call us to utterly erase our womanly distinctiveness by wearing the equivalent of tents. A woman’s clothing needs to say “feminine” just as a man’s clothing needs to say “masculine.” Rules of modesty that insist upon an unisex, frumpy, or even uncared-for appearance do not say “amen” to what God calls good.
Egalitarianism has tried to convince women that dressing like a sloppy man is a compliment and a privilege. We at LAF say, "The empress has no clothes!" Time to find femininity again and glory in womanliness. Time to realize that modesty is the real secret of feminine power. It’s time to return to maidenhood and womanly beauty. Won't you join us?
No, thank you.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Jack

Post by Jack »

I do wonder if the woman who runs this website isn't a drag queen.
emmline

Post by emmline »

The beautiful Lady Agnew on the right portrays a serene, delicate femininity. Again, we do not know the state of her heart, but...
...if we did we would see that she was about to dangle her serene, delicate femininity in front of the hapless Lord Fignewton, toying with him until it grew tiresome, at which point she'd cast him aside like the shmuck that he is.
Yes. She looks like a very nice person.
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

I'm glad I'm a woman and not a lady! :D
LeeMarsh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by LeeMarsh »

I grew up learning that a "Lady" was a woman with a warm heart and a generous spirit, comfortable with herself enough to find ease with those around her.

Its a matter of heart not haute nor habitat.

A similar definition applies to 'Gentleman'.

BTW I think Lady Agnew looks like she's patiently waiting for the stupid artist to finish so she can uncinch that corset and take a decent breath.

Feminism, Chauvanism, etc. I think it simply should boil down to looking for the human being inside, whatever the covering.
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.
BoneQuint

Post by BoneQuint »

I like to look at something like that that seems like a crackpot movement, and see if I can find a kernel of truth here and there. I think there is some there.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

I do think that there is indeed something in the whole "femininity" aspect of what is said there (mind you, I didn't read through the whole site). I do think that it's quite lovely for a woman to wear a nice, long, flowy type skirt even for every day wear. It's very feminine, and quite attractive (at least in my opinion...I have no idea if this opinion is shared with those of the opposite sex :lol: ). I think that in many ways, femininity has been lost, and I find that to be so sad. A very feminine looking woman can be a very beautiful, not to mention alluring, thing.

Of course, as I type this, I'm wearing a pair of denim capris and a longish top :lol:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Jack

Post by Jack »

izzarina wrote:It's very feminine, and quite attractive (at least in my opinion...I have no idea if this opinion is shared with those of the opposite sex :lol: ).
I also agree that it's very feminine and quite attractive, but probably not the kind of "attractive" you're talking about from the opposite sex.

I always loved the Pentecostal ladies who wear their straight plain dresses down past their ankles and their ever-uncut hair in a tight snake-coiled bun on top of their heads and absolutely no jewelry. I think it's beautiful.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

emmline wrote: ...if we did we would see that she was about to dangle her serene, delicate femininity in front of the hapless Lord Fignewton, toying with him until it grew tiresome, at which point she'd cast him aside like the shmuck that he is.
Although, you don't know, emm...she could have just done her daily dose of Lysol or something, and is sending that come hither look to Lord Fignewton, who had just cast HER aside because she had skipped her Lysol treatment the day before and compromised her dainty feminine allure because of it. You can tell by the look in her eyes that's what the problem was.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

I grew up hearing that Women sweat and Ladies glisten... so, um like, do they have a separate deoderant for glisten? :D
Miwokhill

Post by Miwokhill »

a drag queen or maybe a dominatrix! No, I'm kidding, I don't even know what that is! Yea I wonder who's behind this Ladies Against Feminism group? It almost reminds me of the squeeky clean image portrayed in the HiLites For Children magazines they used to have at selected dentist's offices...I don't think they had any agendas like this though, but it does make me think of those magazines.