Need some advice - Buddhist Monk Update

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Lorenzo wrote:I see the local paper did an article about the monk. BTW, the lady he was staying with next door asked him to leave last fall. He wanted to have an affair with her. She was shocked. He said it was natural and that she was too something or other...but the idea was he couldn't control her mind enough to get anywhere. Some monk he was!
Uh oh! Glad I didn't move the Little Pasture up there!

It just goes to show that you never know!
Mitch
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mitch »

Hmmm. When I did that meditation for a year or so, I didn't wrap myself in the morals and expectations of others: 6 hours each day learning silence, 4 hours each day playing music. Birds would sit and sing on my drying-rack as I washed the dishes. The smak freak next door would give me a cigarrette, fruit grew on the trees in the yard and fed me - sometimes my students would give me cash,a banana or sex. Life got sustained. Life grows big with loving. Simple things reveal their light. Re-rolling old cigarette foils into works of art, stringing gum-nuts. The fire of chill as the water heater runs out while showering. The stone bones peek like fingernails throught the flesh of grass. And the wind sings with the trees.
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gonzo914 »

Lambchop wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:I see the local paper did an article about the monk. BTW, the lady he was staying with next door asked him to leave last fall. He wanted to have an affair with her. She was shocked. He said it was natural and that she was too something or other...but the idea was he couldn't control her mind enough to get anywhere. Some monk he was!
Uh oh! Glad I didn't move the Little Pasture up there!
And a good thing, too, because a lamby would have been particularly at risk, for it does indeed appear that underneath that transcendental facade lurked just another horny preacher trying to minister to his flock.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Share your dilemma with him.

Also, check to see if he can handle a chainsaw. Maybe he could help you.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

gonzo914 wrote:...underneath that transcendental facade lurked just another horny preacher trying to minister to his flock.
:lol:
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Dale wrote:Share your dilemma with him.
The monk no longer lives here. The neighbor lady asked him to leave. Now he's somewhere in central Oregon living with another lady...somewhere near Antelope (Rajneeshpuram) where the BHAGWAN use to hang out.
Also, check to see if he can handle a chainsaw. Maybe he could help you.
Nah, the neighbor lady said he was lazy. Besides, we'd probably just end up talking a lot when I should be working...and him wanting some silence. I'll bet he did have some very interesting insights though. He really was a lot of fun to be around. For me anyway.

I helped him reroof his cabin one day. The guy was a riot. He'd watch me shoving the long sheets of metal up on the roof where they'd come to a rest and not slide back down. He spent about an hour or two trying to do that himself, but his sheets always came back down. Dangerous! He wouldn't give up though till he'd acquired the right touch.

Later that evening, at dinner, he showed me how monks wash dishes. I'll not go into detail. :D