The boss's latest avatar

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

jsluder wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:I rather like Dale's avatar. I remember watching the Beatles when they first appeared on thet show. It was a huge deal.
Dude! Me too! I hated them. :lol:
In Feb 1964, I was still an accident waiting to happen.
I had 6 years till I made my appearance. But I did see them in a rerun at one point. :)

BTW, I don't mind being called a Merkin. You can call me a Merkin anytime you want, Steve :wink:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I was just in an absolute frenzy to see the Beatle's on Ed Sullivan. It seemed like a dream come true, to someone who would never get to see them otherwise, that they were going to be on TV. I remember the photos of them getting off the plane. Oddly though, I don't remember anything at all about the show itself. You'd think I would.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Cranberry wrote:
Bloomfield wrote:
Cranberry wrote:Walden, your point is very valid and very appreciated.
You just called someone "gay" in another thread. I suspect that that particular man does not consider himself gay, and would rather be called Canadian than gay. In fact, he may consider being called gay a much greater insult than you consider it. He would probably even argue that you are calling him gay out of ignorance [of true circumstances or of divine law].

Since you agree with Walden's broadening the issue to other perjorative labels, how do you square your behavior with the stance you are taken here?
I will no longer argue language with you. Sorry.
You're doing good, Bloomie. This is the first sign . . . he's refusing to talk to you. Don't give up now!!!! By my estimation, you're very close to being blocked.

Gonzo and I'll make room for you in the club . . .
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Gotta love them Beatles... I wonder what the Undisputed's next avatar will be... The Beatles, maybe? Hmmmm....
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:Gotta love them Beatles... I wonder what the Undisputed's next avatar will be... The Beatles, maybe? Hmmmm....
Yeah! They can all be playing whistles! Imagine (no pun intended) that!

:lol:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Cynth wrote:I was just in an absolute frenzy to see the Beatle's on Ed Sullivan. It seemed like a dream come true, to someone who would never get to see them otherwise, that they were going to be on TV. I remember the photos of them getting off the plane. Oddly though, I don't remember anything at all about the show itself. You'd think I would.
Wasn't there a movie about a teenage girl and her friends trying to get to the Ed Sullivan shew to see the Beatles?
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

I remember the show very well. But I never could figure out if they were English or British.

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:The Beatles, yup, good band that... uh huh, yup..... Ed Sullivan liked them so much, he asked them back, and they came too.... yup.... sure did...
My old barber hated them. Said it was the death of a proper haircut. I loved his hot foam generator that he would use to lather up your sideburns before pulling out the strait razor.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Chiffed

Post by Chiffed »

So glad you unitedstatesians can take yourselves lightly.
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Chiffed wrote:So glad you unitedstatesians can take yourselves lightly.
The diet must be working.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

izzarina wrote: BTW, I don't mind being called a Merkin. You can call me a Merkin anytime you want, Steve :wink:
Just found out what a "merkin" is! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Flyingcursor wrote: Wasn't there a movie about a teenage girl and her friends trying to get to the Ed Sullivan shew to see the Beatles?
Yes it was called "i wanna hold your hand" !
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

flanum wrote:
izzarina wrote: BTW, I don't mind being called a Merkin. You can call me a Merkin anytime you want, Steve :wink:
Flyingcursor wrote: Wasn't there a movie about a teenage girl and her friends trying to get to the Ed Sullivan shew to see the Beatles?
Yes it was called "i wanna hold your hand" !

I though that was it. With Wendy Jo Sperber.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

flanum wrote:
:lol: Izzy, you might want to look at the Wikipedia entry for Merkin. (WARNING: Text at link contains adult content.)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Imagewho don't like dem beatles!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Chiffed wrote:So glad you unitedstatesians can take yourselves lightly.
Well, if we (Merkins) are all a bunch of phony ****s, I think we should own up to it.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician