non-cats and non-dog pets

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
flanum
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Walden wrote:I was thinking we could get one of those little donkeys and one of those little horses and maybe have little mules to pull a little cart.
:lol: :lol:
Yes, maybe some cute moo cows that can produce some kind of milky drinkable substance, or possibly some porky pigs, they make great companions at the breakfast table!

and these guys make excellent secretaries...Image
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
mamakash

Re: non-cats and non-dog pets

Post by mamakash »

Cranberry wrote:I know that James has some adorable ferrets, and mamakash has a parrot of some sort (if I remember correctly).
Actually, the house is pet free at this time. My conure was becoming increasingly unhappy and lonely, screaming a lot and biting me with no warning. I brought her when we moved a year back (against my mom's better judgement) and the screaming got worse. I found someone who worked for the local human society who owned several birds and had rehabilitated several that the human sociaty has to remove from owners. One of her cockatiels was very old and she was going to lose him soon, and was thrilled when she found out I needed to place Kashi with a good owner who didn't mind very loud birds. The last time I called, Kashi was happy and out a lot on her playpen, fussy as ever. The screaming did improve. She sounds as if she's doing well, so I'm pleased.
I have no plans on getting another pet at this time. It's funny how I've ALWAYS had pets (and lots of allergies) but now I really don't want the fuss. I certainly don't want to cage any more animals and worry about providing the best enviroment for them. I like feeding the birds outdoors and watching the male and female pairs of cardinals visit. And trying to discourage grackles, but man, are they pesty!

I wondeer if I should change my screen name.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Jack

Re: non-cats and non-dog pets

Post by Jack »

mamakash wrote:I wondeer if I should change my screen name.
I wouldn't. I knew your bird was named Kashi, but I never really connected the names. "mamakash" sounds to me much like "Mama Cass" and I've always thought of Cass Elliot. She was a gorgeous woman and a wonderful singer, so I'd like that association if I were you. I am not you, of course, though, so yeah...
Jack

Post by Jack »

Update: Today I went to the pet store to get fish food and saw the most gorgeous thing in the world. A little tortoise called a Greek tortoise.

Tortoises are legal in my dorm, but I didn't buy it because I didn't want to impulse buy an animal I know little about. It looked like it's name should be Nelly. It was so cute. :D

I've since done a little research and this is a good page I've found: http://www.chelonia.org/Articles/tibera ... ekcare.htm

This one was about 4" long.

Has anybody here ever kept a tortoise?
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Cranberry wrote:It looked like it's name should be Nelly.
I think all tortoises look like they should be named Nelly. Or Delilah.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Jack

Post by Jack »

Congratulations wrote:
Will you buy it for me if I promise to name it Nelly (or Delilah)? :D

;)
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Cranberry wrote:
Congratulations wrote:
Will you buy it for me if I promise to name it Nelly (or Delilah)? :D

;)
Will 35 cents, some pocket lint, and a yo-yo cover it?
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Jack

Post by Jack »

No. :sniffle:

Anyway, tortoises live forever so I wouldn't want to buy an animal that I, when I am 105 and on the verge of death, will have to find a home for.

Thanks much though.
fel bautista
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

we had three chinchillas when the kids were 10 or so years old. The last one died when the kids were 19 or so. Very long lived and very loved. They are nocturnal and would "wake up" when we would all watch star trek TNG. They love being held and had a reasonable amount of personality for a rodent. After the last one died, we all decided no more "small" critters. They wriggled theri way into our family and we found them too hard to replace after they died.

There- I've been wanting to write an obituary for them for a long time.
CRC

Post by CRC »

2 Parakeets.One blue and one white. They seem to be especially fond of old school rap. :D But, they're terribly, messy creatures. :x
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I like to think I'm the official Chiffy pet. :wink:
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I was driving out to do some photography, yesterday morning, and there was a very large red-eared slider in the middle of the road. I used to keep red-eared sliders. I thought about turning around and moving it out of the road so it wouldn't get hit.
Reasonable person
Walden
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Walden wrote:I was driving out to do some photography, yesterday morning, and there was a very large red-eared slider in the middle of the road. I used to keep red-eared sliders. I thought about turning around and moving it out of the road so it wouldn't get hit.
Well, next time you drive by there, you can photograph the smashed remains.
aderyn_du
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

Two parakeets, a cockatiel, a betta fish, and a ball python. No cats or dogs.

(Hi everyone! Image)
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

aderyn_du wrote:A betta fish
My last one use to recognize my fingers when I was about to feed it. After a while I use to be able to play tag. I would chase him, touch him, and then he would chase me.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."