Heinz to field test instant beans on toast

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Innocent Bystander wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote: Wow! I only just picked up on ðe convergence! Videotext subtitles use hashes (sorry, pound-signs) to indicate music. And Steve is using ðem ðe same way! An Eirenicon! I will strive to emulate ðis usage!

Can you get people to start using ðe Þarn and Ðagaz as well?
Ðere. I Þink I got everyþing. Does ðat help?

I believe "wodge" is a direct descendant of wocgean, an Anglo-Saxon verb meaning "to stuff wið (yes, I know some of you pronounce it 'wiþ') wild abandon, using for ðe purpose heavy foodstuffs or clay".
þanks, Nano! Ðis is great!
Our mission has begun in earnest. Now we may write, and not feel ðat vague twinge of a sense of being left out when we see Icelandic.

Restore Þarn and Ðagaz to ðe Anglisc script!
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

I feel like you're making fun of Icelanders, all 5 of them.
djm

Post by djm »

Æ can sí wír góing tú hav sum fun wiþ ðis úun! Éumpin éimminí! :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

My cat is calling to me; apparently she þinks I've been at ðe 'puter long enough. I þink she wants to play or someþing. Oh, wait. I haven't checked ðe food in her dish, yet. Ðat could be what's boðering her. No wodges for her, ðough. She gets ðe dry stuff.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
djm

Post by djm »

Nanó, shí mæt wánt her littr clínd. :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

No, but þanks for ðe reminder. She has a special call for ðat. More mournful-like.

I can see her box from here. Looks okay for now. :D
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Off to ðe old beanshoppe...
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Cranberry wrote:I feel like you're making fun of Icelanders, all 5 of them.
No, they're making fun of Minnesotans.

GO, IOWA!Image
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Yeah, yeah. Keep trying. :sleep:

:wink:
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Ingredients:
2 cups brown beans
4 cups cornmeal
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:
Boil beans in salted water until tender. Put cornmeal, flour and soda in large mixing bowl. Mix well. Add boiled beans and some of the juice to the cornmeal/flour mixture to form a stiff dough. Roll in balls and drop into pot of boiling hot water. Let cook for 30 minutes at a slow boil.
Reasonable person
Walden
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Tluya gadu! Are they good? How do you eat them? Plain, or do you use a sauce? Why no more salt than that? Are they big balls, medium balls, or small balls? Do they go with, say, salad? Or are they more of a side dish for meats? What kind of meats would that be? Could you deep fry them like a fritter? They sound like a fritter, except for the boiling part. Are they something you could have every day, or are they for special occasions?

(Just practicin' my Cynth chops. :D )
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Keep practicing, Nano. Keep practicing.
Denny

Post by Denny »

I'm sure that he will... :lol:
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Walden wrote:Image

Ingredients:
2 cups brown beans
4 cups cornmeal
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:
Boil beans in salted water until tender. Put cornmeal, flour and soda in large mixing bowl. Mix well. Add boiled beans and some of the juice to the cornmeal/flour mixture to form a stiff dough. Roll in balls and drop into pot of boiling hot water. Let cook for 30 minutes at a slow boil.
Would you call something like this a dumpling? Do the beans get mashed into the dough? Or do they retain their shape?

That's the kind of thing we'd deep fry and put on a stick. :wink: Add a pork chop and lime jello and you're all set.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Nanohedron wrote:Tluya gadu! Are they good? How do you eat them? Plain, or do you use a sauce? Why no more salt than that? Are they big balls, medium balls, or small balls? Do they go with, say, salad? Or are they more of a side dish for meats? What kind of meats would that be? Could you deep fry them like a fritter? They sound like a fritter, except for the boiling part. Are they something you could have every day, or are they for special occasions?

(Just practicin' my Cynth chops. :D )
I've been trying to figure out what "Tluya gadu" means. I found that "tluya" means "suspended" in Hebrew as well as being a city in Libya, I think. I couldn't find "gadu" anywhere other than as the name for some Polish software. All your questions seem quite sensible :lol: .