OT: I HAVE A BOOK!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
AnnaDMartinez
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

I just OK'ed the cover proofs for my book! Yay! It's a book! A real one! Yippee! However, Gang, there's only a few mentions of whistles here and there!
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

What's it about?
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

I had a book once, too. I read it but it was boring. Got it for Christmas some year, I think, but I really needed socks. Forget what it was about, it had a lot of pages. It was so thick I couldn't even use it when the floor of my trailer warped and the table started wobbling. Gave it to my niece when we were dating. She likes that sort of sh*t, not as much as her little sister, though.

<hr>

:grin: Congrats, Anna! Published author. What are you going to do with all the money? And will you still know us when you are famous? :wink:
/Bloomfield
AnnaDMartinez
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Believe it or not, Cees, it's a collection of poetry...Most of my books end up substituting for broken legs on chairs and stuff like that! I actually had one book, well a couple thousand of them, that ended up the the garage, being used as toilet paper for mice, but that was when I was young and dumb! I've yet to meet anyone who made gonzo bucks off books, so I don't think anyone needs to worry about me getting snooty! I just hope I get enough to buy a few more Megs, oh, and maybe a little postage!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anna Martinez on 2002-08-30 12:07 ]</font>
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Congratulations, Anna, that's great! I can imagine how thrilling and exciting it must be. I have a dream to write books someday. Again, congratulations!!

Maybe you could post a poem or two as a sample for us to read.

Congrats!
AnnaDMartinez

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

On 2002-08-30 12:08, Cees wrote:
Congratulations, Anna, that's great! I can imagine how thrilling and exciting it must be. I have a dream to write books someday. Again, congratulations!!

Maybe you could post a poem or two as a sample for us to read.

Congrats!
I stopped dreamin' and just did it! Works good!
garycrosby

Post by garycrosby »

Congratulations Anna -- that's awesome :smile:
gogo

Post by gogo »

On 2002-08-30 13:46, Anna Martinez wrote:
I stopped dreamin' and just did it! Works good!
Wow, very impressive, Anna! As far as I'm concerned, stage fright is nothing compared to the paralysis I feel when faced with a blank sheet of paper. Congrats on living your dream.
jinje
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jinje »

great stuff Anna, congrats. how's about a snippet from it? and how about writing a piece on the "adventures of the pied piper of Deadwood"! Episode 1
bassnwhistle

Post by bassnwhistle »

Anna,
Congratulations. Musical AND literary skills! I can only imagine.
As a photojournalist working at a daily newspaper, I am published almost every day and almost immediately my craftsmanship goes on display in birdcages and recycling centers all over Texas. I sometimes dream of having a book.. a REAL book. Even if it props up coffee tables.
Congratulations on the birth of your labour of love.
Ian
The best thing about Highland Pipes is that the players can't sing at you.
AnnaDMartinez

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Here's the penny whistle part...

"...filling your lungs with good oxygen
moving through the woodwind section
conducting sound waves
you will hear me in the creek
and boulders, the whisper of tall grass
white water and waterfall
the sound of a bamboo flute
a penny whistle, a symphony
the comforting warmth of a perfect summer day
and spring rain, a windy autumn
the play of leaves..."

Gaa, out of context it sounds mushy! I just had a reviewer call me the Lenny Bruce of poetry, too!
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

On 2002-08-30 12:01, Bloomfield wrote:
I had a book once, too. I read it but it was boring. Got it for Christmas some year, I think, but I really needed socks. Forget what it was about, it had a lot of pages. It was so thick I couldn't even use it when the floor of my trailer warped and the table started wobbling. Gave it to my niece when we were dating. She likes that sort of sh*t, not as much as her little sister, though.

More ways to tell if you're a redneck:

1. You've ever bought a car at a yard sale.
2. You have more than 2 satellite dishes.
3. You've ever set your trailer on fire doing magic tricks with lit cigarettes.
4. You think Yoo-Hoo is the drink of the gods.
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

:grin:
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Anna Martinez wrote:
it's a collection of poetry
Congratulations on being a published poet. Let's see if I can write a poem myself:

There once was a poet in Deadwood,
Who'd only read Blondie and Dagwood,
For all of the books,
Were out of their nooks,
And lay on the floor like the dead would.
Reasonable person
Walden