Your favourite kids TV shows (with references)

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Congratulations »

Okay. Spongebob is good. I also liked Rocko's Modern Life and Angry Beavers. Ah! Real Monsters has always been a favorite. Oh, and how could I forget?

FRAGGLE ROCK.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Bugs Bunny. Either there are a lot of weirdos on the Chiffboard or many think Bugs is so obvious that he needn't be mentioned.

Here's a factoid: in 1998 or 1999 the Washington Post ran an article on the ____ of the millenium, naming the greatest musicians, writers, etc. They chose Bugs as the actor of the millenium (Greta Garbo was the actress). I thought it was a great choice -- one minute a mild-mannered rabbit, the next a female Tasmanian devil or a preacher marrying two devils.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

I loved Howdy Doody, Kukla,Fran and Ollie, and of course Capt. Kangaroo. Yes, Bugs was, and still is the greatest of the cartoons. However, a lot of my favorites were not particularly for kids- but they were shown on Sat. morning for us.

The Three Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, Amos and Andy, and Fury.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

The Brady Bunch

All the "old" cartoons (old because I only saw them in reruns) like Flintstones, Jetsons, and Scooby Doo.

The Electric Company

Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

chrisoff wrote: ...

transformers
(do I need to link this one? really?)

various tony hart programmes:
http://www.tonyhart.co.uk/

gummi bears!
http://www.classickidstv.co.uk/gummibears/

Yes to the above!

By Transformers, I am referring to the old series (with Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream) all the way up to the Movie (the one where Optimus Prime dies - that was really sad! - and Hot Rod becomes Rodimus Prime).

Tony Hart's stuff is tops! I loved everything he did.

I also like: Sesame Street with the original cast and muppets (I can't get into the newer episodes), Muppet Show, Galaxy Rangers, Thundercats, Voltron, all the old Looney Tunes/Warner Bros cartoons, Count Duckula, Batman the Animated Series, Gargoyles (all those voices from Star Trek!), X-Men (the cartoon), Shmoo, Captain Caveman, Bananas in Pyjamas (not sure why, though, I was an adult when I caught my first episode! I think I just found them cute)

Was never that impressed with the Hanna-Barbera cartoons in general, though I did watch lots of them. There was a sort of sameness to most of them.

Chrisoff, looking thru the programmes in the link you provided, I remember being fascinated by Button Moon (again, I was an adult by the time I saw my first ep)
mukade

Post by mukade »

'The people who play the flat pipes usually have more peace of mind. I like that.'
- Tony Mcmahon
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

gonzo914 wrote:Beany and Cecil

and

Top Cat

and of course

The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show

DUH! How could I forget those?

Yogi Bear.

And of course Bugs Bunny! And the Road Runner - although I always felt sorry for the coyote.
Charlene
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

chas wrote:Bugs Bunny. Either there are a lot of weirdos on the Chiffboard or many think Bugs is so obvious that he needn't be mentioned.

Here's a factoid: in 1998 or 1999 the Washington Post ran an article on the ____ of the millenium, naming the greatest musicians, writers, etc. They chose Bugs as the actor of the millenium (Greta Garbo was the actress). I thought it was a great choice -- one minute a mild-mannered rabbit, the next a female Tasmanian devil or a preacher marrying two devils.
I agree on the brilliance of Bugs Bunny. It's just that the Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies were so extensively shown that I (and probably others) have sometimes tended to overlook it as ubiquitous.
Reasonable person
Walden
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Lambchop wrote:Well . . . erm . . . <ahem!> . . . mine, of course.

I remember Lambchop and Shari Lewis in black and white --

Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I hate Scooby Doo. What a horrible cartoon.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Congratulations wrote:I hate Scooby Doo. What a horrible cartoon.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

How could I have forgotten Top Cat or Bullwinkle or Mr. Wizard.
mukade

Post by mukade »

Heathen! Sinner! Blasphemous rogue!

I demand this thread be moved to the Controversial forum so we can have a proper argument.

Mukade
'The people who play the flat pipes usually have more peace of mind. I like that.'
- Tony Mcmahon
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Walden wrote:
chas wrote:Bugs Bunny. Either there are a lot of weirdos on the Chiffboard or many think Bugs is so obvious that he needn't be mentioned.

I agree on the brilliance of Bugs Bunny. It's just that the Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies were so extensively shown that I (and probably others) have sometimes tended to overlook it as ubiquitous.
Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies are definitely at the top of my list. Though Daffy is my C&F avatar, I don't really have a favorite Looney Tunes character. It would be impossible to choose among all the wonderful oddballs in those cartoons. :)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

mukade wrote:
Heathen! Sinner! Blasphemous rogue!

I demand this thread be moved to the Controversial forum so we can have a proper argument.

Mukade
Scooby Doo falls into the category of shows I loved as a kid, but can't stand as an adult. Some kids' shows, however, have held up quite well to my aging tastes; Looney Tunes and Bullwinkle spring to mind. There are also a few I like that I didn't discover until already an adult, the TV cartoon adaptation of The Tick being a prime example.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."