How Well do You Understand Your Yuk Factor?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Congratulations »

I only have a couple.

1. Mayonnaise. I hate the way it looks, I hate the way it tastes. I run a cash register for a little store with a grill, and the cooks sometimes take out this HUGE jar of Duke's mayonnaise and scoop copious amounts into these little containers for putting on burgers. I can't even go in the kitchen for fear of seeing it. It's just... it's just nasty looking.

2. Watermelon. Not that it tastes bad, it doesn't. The texture, though, is horrid. My reaction varies, depending--sometimes I just can't close my mouth around it, and it sort of falls out onto my lap or whatever is in front of me; sometimes my throat seals itself off, and I nearly choke to death after it falls out of my mouth. Most everyone around here thinks I'm odd.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Congratulations wrote:1. Mayonnaise. I hate the way it looks, I hate the way it tastes. I run a cash register for a little store with a grill, and the cooks sometimes take out this HUGE jar of Duke's mayonnaise and scoop copious amounts into these little containers for putting on burgers. I can't even go in the kitchen for fear of seeing it. It's just... it's just nasty looking.
I decided to ask my kids Wombat's question, and this is almost exactly what my son said (well, except the Duke's mayo...I don't think he's ever had it).
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
fearfaoin
antispam: No

Post by fearfaoin »

Nanohedron wrote:The reason I ask is that I have very strong negative reactions to some human situations, especially in dramatic presentation. ... for example, certain personality types make me very ill at ease...
This is interesting, I have a similar problem. Some characters in
movies have given me a strong visceral reaction. The only one that
immediately springs to mind is King Richard (the Lionhearted) in
Disney's anthropomorphic Robin Hood. There's are a few scenes
where the spineless king sucks his thumb and/or asks for his mommy,
and those scenes always made me squirm. I could never figure out
why.
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Oh i forgot one!

When you are in a couples company and you are basically a gooseberry, then they start kissing sloppily inches from you and you can hear slurpy sounds!

"get a room for gods sakes"!

that is a yuk!
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

flanum wrote:When you are in a couples company and you are basically a gooseberry...
Is that anything like being a third wheel?
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

I suppose so?

In Ireland when threes a crowd, and your the third spare pr**k, then you are a gooseberry!
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Chambers Dictionary wrote:Gooseberry, n, the fruit of the goose'berry-bush (ribes grossularia), a prickly shrub of the saxifrage family: a fermented effervescing drink (also goose'berry-wine) made from gooseberries: an imitation champagne: an unwanted third person.
I don't mind melon. But if someone stores a melon in the refrigerator next to the apples, then the apples taste of melon and that is NOT NICE.
Please don't do it again.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Congratulations

izzarina wrote:
Congratulations wrote:1. Mayonnaise. I hate the way it looks, I hate the way it tastes. I run a cash register for a little store with a grill, and the cooks sometimes take out this HUGE jar of Duke's mayonnaise and scoop copious amounts into these little containers for putting on burgers. I can't even go in the kitchen for fear of seeing it. It's just... it's just nasty looking.
I decided to ask my kids Wombat's question, and this is almost exactly what my son said (well, except the Duke's mayo...I don't think he's ever had it).
Duke's might be a local brand, I'm not sure. Everyone around here loves it, though.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Congratulations wrote: Duke's might be a local brand, I'm not sure. Everyone around here loves it, though.
It's a regional brand in the southeast U.S., but you can get it from Sauer Foods for $7.50 a quart ($5.00 a quart if you buy a gallon).
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Congratulations

gonzo914 wrote:
Congratulations wrote: Duke's might be a local brand, I'm not sure. Everyone around here loves it, though.
It's a regional brand in the southeast U.S., but you can get it from Sauer Foods for $7.50 a quart ($5.00 a quart if you buy a gallon).
Good to know.