it's just about time for the ice cream man

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

it's just about time for the ice cream man

Post by mutepointe »

dear folks: a while back, i started a thread asking for new and exciting ways to use our whistles for evil. river otter was one of the folks who responded and mentioned tricking the neighborhood kids by impersonating on his whistle, the ice cream man. how about we keep track of how many kids we trick this summer? is the ice cream man native to all cultures or is this an american thing?
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Chief Wanganui

Re: it's just about time for the ice cream man

Post by Chief Wanganui »

mutepointe wrote:dear folks: a while back, i started a thread asking for new and exciting ways to use our whistles for evil. river otter was one of the folks who responded and mentioned tricking the neighborhood kids by impersonating on his whistle, the ice cream man. how about we keep track of how many kids we trick this summer? is the ice cream man native to all cultures or is this an american thing?
The ice cream man was an indispensible component of my childhood in Glasgow. Ice cream men were known as "the tally man" because they were, mainly, descendents of Italian POWs who had chosen to remain in Scotland after the war. The two who came down our street were Izzi and DeMarco. They weren't so much ice cream men as mobile corner shops, who sold pretty much everything, including rather good Italian ice cream.

My granny always had a bottle of Barr's American Cream Soda and a packet of Butterkist (a kind of butterscotch-flavoured popcorn).
That Scottish Git.
William T. Anderson

Post by William T. Anderson »

The Canadian Icecream man was a continual disappointment to me...All the kids would get icool exciting cecream cones and I was reminded every time by my mom, "Now we have neopoliton in the freezer." Chocholate, Vanilla and Stawberry every time...
Now it was better than a kick in the butt with a frozen muchaluck but sadly we were the scerge of the block because of it... :(

Now I know, oh yes I know SOMEONE will be offended because they LOVE neopoliton ice cream and will log onto this thread and tell me how I should have better worded this post to better accomodate the sensitivity of this delicate subculture know and CandF so I say with all sincarity that the flavors of Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry are really lovely. My issue was I had it EVERY time, all the time and it got old to me after 16 years.

Have a great day,

WTA
Last edited by William T. Anderson on Wed May 10, 2006 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chiffed

Post by Chiffed »

All I can think of now is that Eddie Murphy comedy chunk about the icecream man. That, and the one about Momma and the boomerang shoe.
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
William T. Anderson

LOL!!! I was thinking the same thing...Eddy pretending ot be a kid and bragging before all the kids singing and then drops his cone..."I got some ice cream and you don't got none your on the welfare...plop"
Chief Wanganui

Post by Chief Wanganui »

That Scottish Git.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

When I was in first grade, one of my friends' mother was the ice cream man, or rather, ice cream lady. I can't remember the kid's name, but I can sure picture going into the garage where they had multiple freezers of bounty and picking out a banana or rootbeer Popsicle. It was like living next to Santa.
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
William T. Anderson

Hey Chiefy,

Did it get any acadamy awards?

This thread is making me hungry!
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Google search "define: muchaluck"

No definitions were found for muchaluck.

:-?
Hi. My name is David and I'm a whistleholic.
hyldemoer

Post by hyldemoer »

mutepointe wrote:is the ice cream man native to all cultures or is this an american thing?
I haven't seen or heard an icecream truck for years here in Chicago.

What we still have here are guys driving specially built tricycles (2 wheels in front and one in back) that have a big ice chest over the 2 front wheels. I think its mostly frozen "fruit juice" bars that they market.

I'd rather buy a papaya or cob of corn (spread with mayonnaise) from the guy with the push cart set up regularly at the corner.
Jack

Post by Jack »

mutepointe wrote:is the ice cream man native to all cultures or is this an american thing?
Well, the concept of an "ice cream man" is very foreign in many parts of America.
crookedtune
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by crookedtune »

Alright, the "Chiffie Post Award" goes to the first person who can logically tie the subject of ice cream men back to the playing of the musical pennywhistle. :lol:
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Ice cream is not a good thing to spit down the mouthpiece of your whistle, so when you visit the ice cream man, you should wait at least half an hour before whistling.
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

DavidT wrote:Google search "define: muchaluck"

No definitions were found for muchaluck.

:-?
Mukluk, methinks.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Chief Wanganui

Post by Chief Wanganui »

crookedtune wrote:Alright, the "Chiffie Post Award" goes to the first person who can logically tie the subject of ice cream men back to the playing of the musical pennywhistle. :lol:
I play the odd couple of notes on the whistle, now and then, and I've had the privilege of playing with a few "musicians" whose "expertise" has caused me to rush outside and emit a high-pitched primal noise.

"I-scream-man".
That Scottish Git.