Gilbert Gottfried named worlds un-sexiest man!!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

Bloomfield wrote:humph.
that was, undoubtedly, a good and sweet humph.
dfernandez77
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Bloomfield wrote:I am well aware of this phenomenon, and depend on it. Otherwise I would never get a girlfriend. (well, okay, it hasn't worked yet, but some day, I am sure I will meet someone who.... oh, nevermind.)
I too depend on this phenomenon as Bloomfields does. I am seemingly equally effective. :o
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
fearfaoin

Re: Gilbert Gottfried named worlds un-sexiest man!!!

Post by fearfaoin »

Bloomfield wrote:It's so silly how Americans can't tell the difference between "U.S.A." and "the World"
You mean there are people in the world who are uglier than Americans?
susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by susnfx »

Bloomfield wrote:I am well aware of this phenomenon, and depend on it. Otherwise I would never get a girlfriend. (well, okay, it hasn't worked yet, but some day, I am sure I will meet someone who.... oh, nevermind.)
I've always been attracted to the "different" men - like Festus Hagen in "Gunsmoke." You know, the sidekick instead of the star. While you're nobody's sidekick, Bloo, you definitely have that odd, rather desperate, appeal that attracts me like a magnet. :)

Susan
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

:love:

hehehe. Wish I were that skinny...
/Bloomfield
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I do agree with Carol, but I have my superficial moments :lol: . Oh gee, I hear no surprised denials! I've just seen Lyle Lovett on TV once, but I thought he was quite appealing. I'm surprised he is on that list.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I was initially surprised by the choices, but then I read down far enough to see that this was a list composed by men.

That explains it. Men focus on superficial outer appearances. They drool over young, hot chicks . . . the fact that these creatures have nothing more challenging going on in their heads than how to operate a cell phone escapes them.

Women go for the inner dude. Personally, I find Gilbert Gottfried positively fascinating. And cute. I'd rather have somebody worthwhile -- someone with brains -- than a run-of-the-mill journalism jock from Boston whose mind is stuck in his pants.

They probably know that. I suspect that list is, in reality, a list of men the authors fear are getting all the women.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Aha! Good point, Lamby! I think you must be right. Why would they think they knew what was attractive to women in the first place?
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Cynth wrote:Aha! Good point, Lamby! I think you must be right. Why would they think they knew what was attractive to women in the first place?
Some of us know, not to think we know anything about women. :-?

The only thing I know (at 45 years old) is to listen, nod appreciatively, make sounds of assent and appreciation, call or text message to say "i'm thinking of you" a few times a week, and randomly send flowers.
:D
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

dfernandez77 wrote:
Cynth wrote:Aha! Good point, Lamby! I think you must be right. Why would they think they knew what was attractive to women in the first place?
Some of us know, not to think we know anything about women. :-?

The only thing I know (at 45 years old) is to listen, nod appreciatively, make sounds of assent and appreciation, call or text message to say "i'm thinking of you" a few times a week, and randomly send flowers.
:D
I think you are on the right track here. Just a tip about your "sounds of assent and appreciation". You do need to vary them. Don't get in the habit of making the exact same sounds. But of course you don't want to exaggerate them either, that would seem suspicious. Don't let your eyes wander when you make them---you can look down thoughtfully when you need to look somewhere else, just don't look at anything interesting. And don't ever make the sounds while you are doing something else because then the woman will know that you are humoring her and she'll suspect you of it from that time on. If you can just grit your teeth (not obviously of course) and listen and nod and make the little sounds without looking out the window from time to time, I think you will do fine. You can never go wrong with flowers.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Have you thought of nuzzling her neck, by chance? I think that would be a good addition to your already excellent techniques. You'd be surprised how far a little sniff and nibble will go towards telling her you're smitten.

You don't even have to say anything. Well, maybe a little snort now and then, but it's the nuzzle that does it! Mmmm!
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Wanderer wrote:
fearfaoin wrote: Agreed. To exclude the ranks of hideous computer geeks, it should
be "top 100 public figures who are so unattractive you wonder how
anyone can stand to point a camera at them."
Actually, it should be something like "top 100 unsexiest people popular enough for you to care that they're on this list"...and in that sense, no matter what list Godfried's on, he's won. ;)
Ain't it da truth?!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

cskinner wrote: . . . to the beauty of the inner Gilbert Gottfried.
One only has to view Mr. Gottfried's contribution to The Aristocrats to truly appreciate his inner beauty and deep sensitivity.
Cynth wrote: You can never go wrong with flowers.
Yes, you can. My wife would rather have the six dollars.
Lambchop wrote: Women go for the inner dude.
Double humph.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
TheKingPrawn

Post by TheKingPrawn »

I've never seen an "inner dude" poster on a teenage girl's wall.
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

TheKingPrawn wrote:I've never seen an "inner dude" poster on a teenage girl's wall.

:really: One would not expect it of the sort of young females who would let you into their rooms.

Unless you happen to be their father, in which case you might check behind the draperies and on the inside of the closet door.