pics of O'Riordans

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
HighlandHerb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

pics of O'Riordans

Post by HighlandHerb »

Does anyone have a few pics of O'Riordan's? I could compare that way. Thanks :boggle:
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Henke »

You really didn't have to start three threads about this. You could have posted it all in the original thread.

Cheers
colomon
Tell us something.: Whistle player, aspiring C#/D accordion and flute player, and aspiring tunesmith. Particularly interested in the music of South Sligo and Newfoundland. Inspired by the music of Peter Horan, Fred Finn, Rufus Guinchard, Emile Benoit, and Liz Carroll.

I've got some compositions up at http://www.harmonyware.com/tunes/SolsTunes.html

Post by colomon »

The whistle in my icon is an O'Riordan Traveller in the key of D. The wooden Concert model looks much the same, but there are other models out there that would have a brass or silver-colored tube, and even a few where the head is of a different design.
Sol's Tunes (new tune 2/2020)
brotherwind

Here are some pictures,

Post by brotherwind »

Hi,
there are some picture at Wandering Whistler's website.
Here's the link:

http://www.tinwhistler.com/music/review ... /index.asp

Cheers,
brotherwind
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

A few spics of an O'Riordan kingwod concert set in D/C

Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Those look great with the brass polished like that. Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing any with O'R's with highly polished brass before.

Love the kingwood as well.

Damn Brian, it's been a Loooong time since I had any serious whistle lust, but this has done it!

Loren
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Loren wrote:Those look great with the brass polished like that. Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing any with O'R's with highly polished brass before.

Love the kingwood as well.

Damn Brian, it's been a Loooong time since I had any serious whistle lust, but this has done it!

Loren
That's how Pat shipped them out here - polished and all I mean. The Kingwood is gorgeous stuff. Almost purple in the right lights. And of course the whistles are a dream to play; buttery sweet tone and a good strong volume for performing etc. when the need arises.
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Interesting, at one point I had O'Riordans with nickel bands, which were polished, and another set with Brass bands, which were not polished. I've seen other O'R's with unpolished brass bands as well, but never polished. Still, I imagine yours aren't the only one's that way, so perhaps the ones I've run across were the the unusual ones.

Wonderful whistles to be sure though, wish I hadn't had to part with mine.

BTW, glad to see your still out there Brian.

Loren
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Loren wrote:Interesting, at one point I had O'Riordans with nickel bands, which were polished, and another set with Brass bands, which were not polished. I've seen other O'R's with unpolished brass bands as well, but never polished. Still, I imagine yours aren't the only one's that way, so perhaps the ones I've run across were the the unusual ones.

Wonderful whistles to be sure though, wish I hadn't had to part with mine.

BTW, glad to see your still out there Brian.

Loren
When these first arrives, I also had ordered a set of the Traveller whistles from Pat for a friend. They were polished nickel and just as shiny as the brass. I've seen a few photos of folks O'Riordan's from days past and they did lok dull in the brass dept. But I always just assumed that was from normal play. I just tend to be one of those anal retentive racoon types who likes things all sparkly. ;)

And Loren, it's good to 'see' you again too my friend. Sad that more of the old timers aren't still around these days.