buddhu

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

buddhu

Post by Dale »

buddhu was a regular poster here until November 2005, at which time he abruptly stopped posting. I'd like to try to reach him to check on him. The email address I had is no longer working. I'm hoping someone had some kind of contact with him and still has contact info. If so, please do let me know by email or PM.

Thanks.

Dale
Jack

Post by Jack »

Oh no. I do hope he is doing ok.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I did locate another email address on him. Maybe that will work.
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

That's (one of) the weird thing(s) about online life.
I think that if I fell into a fiery fissure in the earth, it would occur to one of my children to go onto my C&F login and let people know, but yes...
people can just disappear.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I just realized the other day, I think I saw a picture of the person he used as his avatar for quite a while, that I had not seen him for a long time. I too hope that all is well.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

emmline wrote:That's (one of) the weird thing(s) about online life.
I think that if I fell into a fiery fissure in the earth, it would occur to one of my children to go onto my C&F login and let people know, but yes...
Yes..well said.

Buddhu just kinda vanished.....gone.

I admired the guy and had a bit of off board crack with him, both of us being huge fans of the Dubliners. It scares me sometimes when I think of the reasons why a regular poster vanishes. I try to look on the positive side of things but find it hard not to think about the darker side.

I like to think that in the event of my being incapacitated in a serious way, I could get my son to log in on my behalf and tell everybody that I was down but not out.

Funny how people bond and get close to each other in this day and age.

I just hope that Buds absence is down to technical reasons..

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
missy

Post by missy »

I thought we had decided that Buddha and Joseph were the same person because of their similar avatars........

I do hope nothing is wrong.

OK - NO ONE is allowed to go ANYWHERE without telling the rest of us about it so we all don't sit here and worry!!!!!!!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

missy wrote:OK - NO ONE is allowed to go ANYWHERE without telling the rest of us about it so we all don't sit here and worry!!!!!!!
Not even the loo?
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

jsluder wrote:
missy wrote:OK - NO ONE is allowed to go ANYWHERE without telling the rest of us about it so we all don't sit here and worry!!!!!!!
Not even the loo?
But I gotta goooo!!!!! :o
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

emmline wrote:That's (one of) the weird thing(s) about online life.
It was like that long before the net crept into existence. I knew a guy who lived most of the time in a dorm at a national lab. I asked him about the transience of his friends. He said, "People come, people go. You don't have to like it, but you do have to accept it." I grew up a little bit when he told me that; I think I was 20 when he said that to me. Now I'm the old guy, and a lot of my friends are temporary. When you find someone you click with and he's gone in a couple of years, it really does suck, although there's nothing you can do about it.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

chas wrote: It was like that long before the net crept into existence. I knew a guy who lived most of the time in a dorm at a national lab. I asked him about the transience of his friends. He said, "People come, people go. You don't have to like it, but you do have to accept it." I grew up a little bit when he told me that; I think I was 20 when he said that to me. Now I'm the old guy, and a lot of my friends are temporary. When you find someone you click with and he's gone in a couple of years, it really does suck, although there's nothing you can do about it.
Well said,
In the physical world though, somebody usually knows somebody who knows somebody who knows the person in question and sooner or later you get to hear what happened to them or where they went.

Cyber world is a different crack..

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Okay, this is a bit weird: I just went back to access one of his earlier posts, and his avatar's gone.

Buddhu, if you're reading this, yer creepin' me out, man!
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

I wouldn't worry about him. I always thought he was more mature than most of us ( :wink: sorry). He disappeared once before for a while and I remember it being because some people on this board were being a little juevenile, but then he came back. I always admired his posts.
djm

Post by djm »

Wasn't his avatar the one with the rather ... er ... distracting ... um ... gait?

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

djm wrote:Wasn't his avatar the one with the rather ... er ... distracting ... um ... gait?
I believe you're thinking of StewySmoot.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up