Cultural extraveganza this weekend.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Cultural extraveganza this weekend.

Post by Flyingcursor »

The Flyingcursor household is dancing on it's toes in anticipation of one of the biggest cultural events to hit Kalamazoo in decades.

That's right. March 24th. It's

Larry the Cable Guy Health Inspector.

We stocked up on Pabst Blue Ribbon and pork-rinds to sneak into the theater. I'll be wearing my best white socks.

I sure hope he says "Git-R-Done". Man when he says "Git-R-Done" I git hysterical. He stands right there and says, "Git-R-Done". :lol: :lol:

So how many of you are going on opening night?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

now - that there's funny, I don't care who you are........

...... I'll wait for the DVD..................

Git-R-Done
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

I never thought I would find a film I would want to see less than Waterboy...
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I hate all of the comics on the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour," but most of all, I hate Larry the Cable Guy.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Congratulations wrote:I hate all of the comics on the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour," but most of all, I hate Larry the Cable Guy.
Interesting... so far we're divided across the Mason Dixon line...
I wonder if this film will be more popular in the North? ("Ha ha,
stupid rednecks don't know from sushi.")
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Re: Cultural extraveganza this weekend.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Flyingcursor wrote: I sure hope he says "Git-R-Done". Man when he says "Git-R-Done" I git hysterical. He stands right there and says, "Git-R-Done".
Now... didn't some Texas redneck say "Git-R-Done" about the Iraq war at a press conference yesterday?

Oh, wait. That couldn't be true. ""Git-R-Done" is almost a timetable in redneck speak. :D
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Re: Cultural extraveganza this weekend.

Post by Tyler »

dfernandez77 wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote: I sure hope he says "Git-R-Done". Man when he says "Git-R-Done" I git hysterical. He stands right there and says, "Git-R-Done".
Now... didn't some Texas redneck say "Git-R-Done" about the Iraq war at a press conference yesterday?

Oh, wait. That couldn't be true. ""Git-R-Done" is almost a timetable in redneck speak. :D
"Git-R-Done" has a clear goal in mind also :lol:
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Down here in Florida we say: Git 'er dunn... no e after dunn. :D I think I will pass on the cable guy's new flick... I get enough of him while listening to The John Boy and Billy Big Show on the radio every morning. :party:
djm

Post by djm »

Flo-Joe wrote:no e after dunn.
What about Dunedin? :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Warning: egregious name-dropping ahead.

I was driving Larry Nugent to a gig and during the course of our chat he muttered, "Git 'er done" once or twice, chuckling richly to himself. Not knowing what the inspiration was, I thought he had gone completely daft, and I gripped the wheel all the tighter.

That was about a year ago. I've only lately found out about the Cable Guy.
Last edited by Nanohedron on Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I bought the first Blue Collar Comedy Tour for my son-in-law for Christmas and of course they wanted to watch it with me. I feared it would be boring because I never cared that much for Jeff Foxworthy and hadn't heard the others. Until then I never knew where Git-r-done came from.

I must confess Larry the Cable Guy had me laughing pretty good. I'm not really going to see the movie. I don't like PBR.
fearfaoin wrote:Interesting... so far we're divided across the Mason Dixon line...
Believe me, there are just as many rednecks north of the Mason Dixon. That's why I enjoy the humor. I've known too many of the people he jokes about.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
missy

Post by missy »

Flyingcursor wrote:
Believe me, there are just as many rednecks north of the Mason Dixon. That's why I enjoy the humor. I've known too many of the people he jokes about.
I once gave the ex (before he was the ex) a 365 day "You may be a Redneck" calendar. I checked all of the ones that applied to the ex. I think I checked at least half of them....

The ex's family tree not only doesn't have branches - it's a wreath.

The ex paints all of his tools and garden implements blaze orange. That's so he can find them out in the yard, where he left them, before he cuts the grass.

I'll stop now....... :D
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

missy wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote:
I once gave the ex (before he was the ex) a 365 day "You may be a Redneck" calendar. I checked all of the ones that applied to the ex. I think I checked at least half of them....

The ex's family tree not only doesn't have branches - it's a wreath.

The ex paints all of his tools and garden implements blaze orange. That's so he can find them out in the yard, where he left them, before he cuts the grass.
I'll stop now....... :D
[GUFAWW!] :lol:
no, don't stop, do tell!
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

fearfaoin wrote:
Congratulations wrote:I hate all of the comics on the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour," but most of all, I hate Larry the Cable Guy.
Interesting... so far we're divided across the Mason Dixon line...
Well, I like those guys, here, west of the MD line. Larry isn't my favorite. I think I like Bill Engvall (?) best (the one that looks like a fatter Foxworthy)..

I wish people could lighten up on cultural things. The BC guys humor is all self-deprecating and that's a lot better than the reverse. I had a guy in my old band that wouldn't sing "Copper Kettle" because he didn't wanta be associated with redneck America. It's a great song, though.

As for "getRdone" folks: if you aren't "comfortable" with them, you probably aren't comfortable in your own skin, anyway. Enjoy rather than judge, I would opine.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?