Take Care What You Reveal...

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Take Care What You Reveal...

Post by Nanohedron »

Speaking of session etiquette (as well as songs vs. tunes), there's this young fellow who's been dipping his toes into the music and coming to sessions to do the osmosis thing; he's pleasant enough, and importantly for him, in the process of learning discretion: we were outside having a smoke, and among the "songs" he said he was working on he included "The Quiche". I was momentarily taken aback, wondering how to break it to him that Québecois tunes are going to be slim currency at ITM sessions.

Of course he meant the Kesh; that was pretty quickly apparent, but I couldn't help working it for a bit. Done with that, I told him it was a good thing he didn't say it to the group as there would have been a big public laugh all around in case it mattered to him.

Well, C&F's a different beast altogether. Heh. :twisted:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Ro3b
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ro3b »

Dude, you don't play the Quiche? It's a really common tune. I'm surprised.
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

"The Quiche" is a Highland from Donegal. The Scottish origin of the tune is from the "Auld Alliance" between the French and the Scots. As a token of goodwill the Scots gave the French a haggis and the French gave the Scots a quiche. Henceforth the "alliance" has always been a little tenuous.
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

Ro3b wrote:Dude, you don't play the Quiche? It's a really common tune. I'm surprised.
Real men don't play the Quiche! :P
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
johnkerr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by johnkerr »

Hey! I'm a real man, and I play the Quiche. Usually I pair it with the Cliffs of Mohair - but only during sweater season.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I was playing at a céilí the other day and they were dancing something called "The Way of Satori". It was inscrutable.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician