OT: Tooooo Hot

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
LeeMarsh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by LeeMarsh »

It is tooooo hot to whistle outside.
I want to throw a temper tantrum. Image I want to play in the park. I'm tired of breaking records for the heat.

Today it was 98 here in DC with the heat index of 105. I looked at the 10 day forcast, seeking releaf. Very hot today and tommorrow with more hot the rest of the week. Next week a day of just hot then back to very hot. Image

The forcast for tonight at 11pm is 82 degrees! 11pm! 82 degrees !!!! Heat index of 86! 11pm feeling like 86!!! Image

Sorry to rant, but this northern mountain boy just wants those cool breezes back where you can sit out on the back porch and just ...
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.
Aodhan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Aodhan »

Temp this morning at 6am? 91 degrees. Forecast for the day? 114 degrees.

Of course, it's a dry heat. (But dry heat is still hot!)

Aodhan (In Phoenix, Az)
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Goodness, I feel your pain. :grin: Seriously, I do. It's been one of the hottest summers here in Utah ever, which is something to say since it is normally way hotter here than I can take. Today it's "only" supposed to be 93...which normally feels like a frying pan...but we are grateful because a few weeks ago we had several days in a row of 105 or higher!!
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

You could be in Europe: Land under in Austria, Germany, Czech Rep, Ukraine, Slovenia... 70 dead so far from drowing. Poor folks over there. :sad:

Can you imagine living at an elevation of 1500 feet and your car is being washed down the street in a flood? Landslides in the Italian alps, a village washed into the Caspian Sea.

Sweating really isn't that bad.

Stay cool! :smile:
/Bloomfield
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

I think maybe a little personal context is in order here.

When I was in Junior high we had a couple of cooler summers in a row. My mom made it a house rule that me and my younger brothers were not allowed to ride our bikes down to the public pool if it was less than 45 degrees. Although this may seem reasonable to most of you folks; we, my brothers and I, argued often that this rule was unfair, since the water temperature in June was probably 50-55 degrees and we would be spending most of our time there in the water so what was the problem. Mom held firm, and even made comments that blue lips were not attractive, and that our growing interest attracting girls would prove her right.

46 degrees, all four of us were out the door.

My metabolism has mellowed with age, but I still prefer my ideal summer with highs in the 70's and overnight low's in the 50's...

11pm and still in the 80's? Useless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: leemarsh on 2002-08-14 17:15 ]</font>
Gary

Post by Gary »

You Know It's Too Hot When...

16). Your ice cream melts before you finish paying for it.

15). The water coming out of your sprinkler systems is steaming.

14). Your rubber sole shoes stick to the asphalt in the parking lot as you walk to your car.

13). You get into your car after work but can't drive away because your steering wheel is too hot to touch.

12). It's 11 o'clock at night and you're still driving around with the air conditioner on.

11). The makeup that you put on while you were driving to work, is running down your face by the time you get there.

10). You use your blow dryer as a fan because it's cooler.

9). The Sizzler sign has both neon nd "Real" flames coming off of it.

:cool:. You come home from work and the note on your refrigerator says "On strike".

7). You go outside to leave work and the tires on your car have melted off.

6). You pull up to your house and the HVAC (Heating Ventilation and Air-Conditioning) guy is waiting outside your house with a smile on his face.

5). You get into your car and go to turn on the Air-Conditioning and a voice comes out and says deposit 25 cents.

4). Your building access card you accidentally left in your car now looks like a pretzel.

3). The heat waves in front of you aren't from the road, they're from your dash.

2). You can cook a turkey inside your car faster than you can inside your oven.

and the number 1 way to tell when it's too hot...

1). The little guy on top of Foster's Freeze is missing.
msheldon

Post by msheldon »

On 2002-08-14 16:49, Gary wrote:
You Know It's Too Hot When...
Corollary to #13

You see someone driving while wearing oven-mitts, and think to yourself "that guy's a friggin genius!"
sunshine

Post by sunshine »

Well at least we have the bush admin. on top of the global warming problem.
johnz

Post by johnz »

When it gets really hot or cold I check out Irelands weather on the web.70f summer 40f winter and cloudy 5 days a week, it doesn't get any better than that.
Take care, Johnz
DON'T DRINK SOAP!
KEEP OUT OF EYE!
DILUTE! DILUTE!
OK!
curioso

Post by curioso »

Shucks, son, down here in TEXAS I don't stick my toe in the pool unless it's AT LEAST a chilly 78 degrees (water temp, that is!). And on the Gulf Coast we measure humidity in "inches" and our rain in "feet". And the wind in terms of "tropical depression", "tropical storm" and "Hurricane class 1-5"! On the good side I wear short sleeves through the "winter" when you "northern" boys dress up like polar bears! :wink:

That said, it hasn't been as hot tis summer...maybe it's "El Nino", or something...
Aodhan

Post by Aodhan »

On 2002-08-14 16:34, LeeMarsh wrote:

46 degrees, all four of us were out the door.

My metabolism has mellowed with age, but I still prefer my ideal summer with highs in the 70's and overnight low's in the 50's...

11pm and still in the 80's? Useless.
I agree with you there. I grew up in Denver, Colorado (And may get to move back next year...woohoo!), and I loved the snow and the cold. Mid 70's is the perfect high for the year. :wink:

Aodhan
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Just spoke to my sister who lives in Blythe, California. They're enjoying 118 degrees almost daily there. Typical for that area. When I asked her how they do yard work she replied that you don't - no one plants flowers - there is either lawn or rock/gravel. Nothing else grows in that kind of heat. They will start their vegetable gardens in about a month to harvest in October/November. They turn off their air conditioners for January and February only. Now that's HOT!
Susan
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Y'know, If I was really a nice guy I wouldn't do this, but what the hey...

Just got back from spending the day at the Illinois State Fair. Twas rainy this morning after a big cold front passed but by the time I got there it was just overcast. By 2pm, that passed and the sky was a clear, cloudless blue. The temperature peaked at a nice, comfortable 78 degrees F. All in all a perfect day, which was downright amazing after the overheated greenhouse of the last three weeks.

Ah, well, you'll just appreciate the nice weather even more if it ever returns.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

I know what you mean about that infernal heat. It must have climbed into the 80's around here for a few days. Could'a died. Boy, I sure got grumpy. Now, everything's back to normal at low 70's and evening fog. There's this old woman who lives near me who won't go outside unless it's heavily overcast and cold.

I thought people lived inland or on the East Coast because they Liked hot weather or something.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Its even hot in Canada.

Question for johnz....where does that rhyme come from at the bottom of your post?

liz