OMFGRONFLMFAO!! Star Wars is a tool of Satan!!!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I've heard other objections to Star Wars and it's "force". I'll have to try to track down the article.

I say sometimes a movie is just a movie.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Flyingcursor wrote:I say sometimes a movie is just a movie.
And sometimes, a movie is just a video game advertisement.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

Congratulations wrote:Izz, I really hope this is a joke.
While there is a possibility that it is, even in lieu of the pictures, I doubt that it is. I really don't think these people realize how hokey and stupid it all seems to the general populace (even those that know a thing or two about Christian Theology :P ). But they vehemently believe that things such as Star Wars are intrinsically evil, because they put good and bad on the same level (the dark side must be there to keep the good force in balance...the whole "ying-yang" type thinking). And while I agree with the concept that bad cannot keep good balanced, I think that a war on Star Wars is silly and unproductive. No one takes these types of things seriously. It's a movie, nothing more. I seriously doubt that anyone out there is going to come away thinking that if they work really hard, they can obtain Jedi-like powers. :P
But anyway, these sites are made by VERY fundamental types. They truly do believe in what they are touting, despite the fact that it goes against true Christian teaching (a movie cannot be intrinsically evil).
djm

Post by djm »

Perhaps I missed something, but I do not recall anyone in any Star Wars film say that The Force is greater than God - any god. I do not believe I ever heard anyone in any Star Wars film even mention any sort of god. Am I mistaken?

If not, if I'm correct that no-one in Star Wars claims The Force is greater than God, that means that these people are creating a lie. They are basing their accusations on a false premise, and misleading others by advertising this lie on the web. Isn't it a sin to bear false witness? I suspect they will get smitten for this act. They are in very deep smit!

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

izzarina wrote:[ I seriously doubt that anyone out there is going to come away thinking that if they work really hard, they can obtain Jedi-like powers. :P
....you mean you can't!!??
:cry:
you just sank my Battleship!
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

OK, now I believe it's serious. They mention that The Morality Players are going to perform the works of Jack Chick. Look up Jack on the net. Chick Publications. Here's what they say about these performances. "The only entertainment in Hollywood that saves your eternal soul –Guaranteed."
But what if it doesn't save your eternal soul? It's a little late to take them to court.
missy

Post by missy »

Tyler Morris wrote:
izzarina wrote:[ I seriously doubt that anyone out there is going to come away thinking that if they work really hard, they can obtain Jedi-like powers. :P
....you mean you can't!!??
:cry:
you just sank my Battleship!
yep, I better not tell Noah, all his hopes will be forever dashed........

Once (I think he was 6 years old) I came home from work to find Tatooine in the sandbox - all the figures that belonged on the planet were set up on the sand. Endor was in the garden interspersed between the bean bushes.

And, yep, you guessed it. When I went inside to start dinner - there was Hoth inside my freezer!!!!

I won't detail the time he tried to build his own lightsaber.........
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

SteveK wrote:OK, now I believe it's serious. They mention that The Morality Players are going to perform the works of Jack Chick. Look up Jack on the net. Chick Publications. Here's what they say about these performances. "The only entertainment in Hollywood that saves your eternal soul –Guaranteed."
But what if it doesn't save your eternal soul? It's a little late to take them to court.
Jack Chick is also one of those "anti-everything" christians....
More on this religious intolerant.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

djm wrote:Perhaps I missed something, but I do not recall anyone in any Star Wars film say that The Force is greater than God - any god. I do not believe I ever heard anyone in any Star Wars film even mention any sort of god. Am I mistaken?
No, they don't mention God at all. It's just the whole good and bad are really equal and both needed to keep everything in balance. Although, to be honest, I have no idea why the Jack Chick types are on a rampage. They're a different sort...Tyler is right. They are anti-EVERYTHING. Just check out what they say about other Christians (most notably Catholics and our "Cookie of Death" or something :lol: )
Missy wrote:Once (I think he was 6 years old) I came home from work to find Tatooine in the sandbox - all the figures that belonged on the planet were set up on the sand. Endor was in the garden interspersed between the bean bushes.

And, yep, you guessed it. When I went inside to start dinner - there was Hoth inside my freezer!!!!

I won't detail the time he tried to build his own lightsaber.........
Missy, this is awesome!! My boys do the same type of stuff, although my now 15 year old's project was to reconstruct a lot of the Lord of the Rings places. He still has all the pieces he created, which is pretty cool.

Tyler, I'm so sorry about your battleship. I personally would love to have that mind control thingy...when my kids say "I want to borrow the car" I can wave my hand and say "You don't really want to borrow the car...you want to clean the garage". Just think of how clean my garage would be :D
missy

Post by missy »

izzarina wrote: between the bean bushes.

Missy, this is awesome!! My boys do the same type of stuff, although my now 15 year old's project was to reconstruct a lot of the Lord of the Rings places. He still has all the pieces he created, which is pretty cool.
aw, gee, Izz - Noah has "Sting" and a "hobbit" cape, and a copy of the One. We had to "pretend" we couldn't see him if he had the ring on.

I personally would love to have that mind control thingy...when my kids say "I want to borrow the car" I can wave my hand and say "You don't really want to borrow the car...you want to clean the garage". Just think of how clean my garage would be :D
yeah - that "mom" look just doesn't have the same "punch", does it???

A couple of summers ago, Noah attended a summer camp at Western KY for gifted kids. One class he took was "Heroic Literature" based on LOTR, Star Wars, the Odyssey and Arthurian legion. Noah was in his glory, the kids all wrote notes to each other in elvish.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

izzarina wrote: "Cookie of Death" or something :lol:
ROTFLMAO!
BWAHAHAHA!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yet another tool of Satan....
I personally would love to have that mind control thingy...when my kids say "I want to borrow the car" I can wave my hand and say "You don't really want to borrow the car...you want to clean the garage". Just think of how clean my garage would be :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[bellyache]
Kevin L. Rietmann

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

http://www.ooze.com/toolofsatan/ is the page for the Star Wars stuff. http://www.ooze.com has plenty of nifty items like this one:

"THE FINGER:
A Great Gift Book
Ever wonder who was the first person to flip someone off? I bet you didn't know if happened more than 2500 years ago. THE FINGER is a gift that keeps on giving special love for as long as the paper isn't rotting in a dumpster. GREAT GIFT! Get it from Ooze. Get it from Amazon."

Doesn't sound like the Christians I've known...If this is how they proselytize I'd consider it a step forward though!
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I thought Jack Chick was a joke, too, the first time I saw his tracts a few years ago. So I suppose it's entirely possible that these people think they're legitimate.

Dern.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

You guys are missing the point... there's a Mac Mini add in the lower right :lol:
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Congratulations wrote:I thought Jack Chick was a joke, too, the first time I saw his tracts a few years ago...

Dern.
No, Jack Chick is deadly serious, I've found through sad experience. He's actually been out himself to participate in the protests that surround the LDS general conference meetings, and once to our Masonic Temple during an open house (two more groups Jack Chick hates).
An aquaintance of mine, who runs a site called masonicinfo.com (very fine site, woth checking out if you have that kind of interests), has a very apt term that he uses to describe mister Chick and those like him; religious intolerants.
I think its rather apt.