CP: OzWhistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mitch
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

CP: OzWhistles

Post by Mitch »

Hi All,

When I first logged in to Chiff&Fipple a while ago, Little did I know what was going to happen!

Well, here it is: www.ozwhistles.com :o

OzWhistles is a little whistle shoppe in Oz, dedicated to whistlers and whistle makers. The website marks its birth - as the stock rolls-in the catalogue will grow and, hopefully one day, be a thriving little shoppe!

What does OzWhistles sell? Whistles! And Whistle stuff! Nothing else just yet :)

Right now, I have a few in stock - but theres a whole bunch on the way, including a wide spread of instruments from legendary makers all over the world.

Shortly, i will also open the doors of my little showroom. This is for my fellow whistlers in Oz - for the first time, a place to see, feel and play from a stock as comprehensive as i can get it.

From the beginning i am inviting inquiries and suggestions - email, PM or just hit the inquiries button on the site. Your input will help OzWhistles work for you.

Why am I doing this? Some think i'm way crazy- it's expensive, demanding and insanely speculative - but overwhelmingly i've received strong support and positive dialogue - these are a things I find in abundance in the whistle community. I've found whistlers are a fine grade of folks, makers are as colourful, strong and different as the whistles they make - and tall amongst giants Dale Wisely. Unfortunatlely i don't know this man as much as i'd like, but i do know how much effort and consideration goes into creating and maintaining a site like C&F - IMHO this brings to the world what it most needs now: Social Value - priceless and certainly beyond dispute :). So why? My life has been made better by all these things, i would be crazy to not share it and keep on following-on.

I'm honoured to share my journey with such fellow travelers!
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
Phil Hardy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Good Luck OZ Whistles

Post by Phil Hardy »

I'd like to be the first to wish Mitch all the best for his new project in Australia.This is a very new market for anyone attempting whistle sales there.
I met with Mitch just recently and found a kindred spirit and an all 'round nice bloke.
Needless to say that all our products will now be available down under.
So,a message to all whistlesmiths,If you do get the chance to do business with Mitch ,go for it.
Australasia needs some new blood as whistling down under is really starting to take off (about time to)and I think Mitch's business will fill the massive whole for whistlers and other interested parties.
So GOOD LUCK MATE!
Phil.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

And let me be the second! Best of luck to you .
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Leel
Tell us something.: Hi All - I am a Celtic music performer with a band called Beyond the Heather, located in the Lawrence, KS/Kansas City area. I sing, play whistles, SSP and bodharan. I've been a C&F member since 2003 but haven't posted much recently.

Post by Leel »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GOOD LUCK, Mate!
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Best of luck to you.
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
syn whistles

Post by syn whistles »

There's already Syns and Black Diamonds on the shelves! This venture fits nicely into a big void over this way and I'm looking forward to doing business with Mitch. Best of luck!
So good it has to be a SYN!
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I'm just finishing a batch of whistles for Mitch. He'll have the complete line of Freeman tweaked whistles in stock very soon.

Best wishes,
Jerry
talasiga

Re: Good Luck OZ Whistles

Post by talasiga »

Phil Hardy wrote:.....
I think Mitch's business will fill the massive whole for whistlers and other interested parties.
Yes, its a hole that Generations could not fill.
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Good luck Mitch. It will be good to have a place where we can try whistles and certainly only one other place I can think of stocks high-end whistles.

It's not true, however, that whistles have become popular in Aus only suddenly. I would think that whistles have been as popular here as anywhere else outside Ireland and Scotland. Remember where Grinters and Syns are made. Whistles have a role in traditional bush bands so it is not just the Irish scene that uses them. There is even an all whistle band that plays arranged music rather like a kwela group, although the music they play isn't all kwela, that has been doing the rounds of festivals for a while.
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Wombat wrote:.....
It's not true, however, that whistles have become popular in Aus only suddenly.
I agree with you Wombat but I took it that sudden popularity was a historical observation about the 1840's. I could be wrong of course.
Phil Hardy

Oz Whistles.

Post by Phil Hardy »

I was in Oz 11 years ago trying to get a distributor for Overtons and Chieftains,all the shops and wholesalers looked at me as if I was crazy,"who wants f****** whistles mate?"
It was all rock shops then and after returning a week ago I see not much has changed except that there are more whistles being sent over to players from the USA and Europe as well as some Ozzy makers who,it would seem sell more outside OZ than to it's home market?
Whistling has been there always but shops with good quality whistles are yet to arrive.
So,I put my energy behind Mitch as he gets it and sees the potential of the market.
Time for the wholesalers to wake upme thinks.Maybe it's already to late?
Phil.
billw

Post by billw »

Got a load of steel and black acetal on the way just for Mitch! I want to wish him totally the best.
Bill Whedon
Ye Olde Whistlesmith Saying:
A whistle without a fipple, is just a piece of leaky pipe!

Click the WWW and come have some fun with poems and music and now BOOKS! and check out the preeeety whistles and the T-shirts with attitude! :D
talasiga

Re: Oz Whistles.

Post by talasiga »

Phil Hardy wrote:I was in Oz 11 years ago trying to get a distributor for Overtons and Chieftains,all the shops and wholesalers looked at me as if I was crazy,"who wants f****** whistles mate?"
Thick as two bricks as the saying goes ......
shadeclan

Re: CP: OzWhistles

Post by shadeclan »

Mitch wrote: From the beginning i am inviting inquiries and suggestions - email, PM or just hit the inquiries button on the site. Your input will help OzWhistles work for you.
Two words - "internet sales".
Two more words - "franchise rights" - who wouldn't want a whistle from the land of OZ? The WhOA factor alone should be profitable. Perhaps your logo on the whistle somewhere would be a selling point . . .
You may want to find someone in the US to ship from - save shipping that way.
Maybe you can get a whistle maker to sell an "OZ" brand whistle through you.
Mitch wrote: Why am I doing this? Some think i'm way crazy- it's expensive, demanding and insanely speculative - but overwhelmingly i've received strong support and positive dialogue . . . this brings to the world what it most needs now: Social Value - priceless and certainly beyond dispute :). So why? My life has been made better by all these things, i would be crazy to not share it and keep on following-on.

I'm honoured to share my journey with such fellow travelers!
Starting a business is hard - I know that first hand. Still, you have a large community of caring people who will do what they can to support you in your endevour. I wish you luck and prosperity in your business. :thumbsup:
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Mitch wrote: ...........
What does OzWhistles sell? Whistles! And Whistle stuff! Nothing else just yet :)

Right now, I have a few in stock - but theres a whole bunch on the way, including a wide spread of instruments from legendary makers all over the world.

Shortly, i will also open the doors of my little showroom. This is for my fellow whistlers in Oz - for the first time, a place to see, feel and play from a stock as comprehensive as i can get it.

I am deadly curious about you current stock and your stock to be.
Are you able to itemise here?

Will you be strictly fippled?

Will you have a used instruments section?