Jay Leno joke

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

Doug_Tipple wrote:
mamakash wrote: I know that Burger King was serving a BK veggie . . . that was over a year or two ago and I thought they were tasty. I was happy they had that option for those who may not want beef or fish or chicken.
I ordered one of the BK veggie sandwiches. For the price of the sandwich, I thought that I was going to receive some kind of a soy burger. Instead, I got a bun with lettuce, tomato, and pickles. I felt like saying, "Where's the beef?" It was a rip off.
There should be a soy burger on it. If there wasn't one, go back and tell them to make you a new one. They will, for free most likely. Just don't mention that it's been a long time ago.
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

Doug_Tipple wrote:
mamakash wrote: I know that Burger King was serving a BK veggie . . . that was over a year or two ago and I thought they were tasty. I was happy they had that option for those who may not want beef or fish or chicken.
I ordered one of the BK veggie sandwiches. For the price of the sandwich, I thought that I was going to receive some kind of a soy burger. Instead, I got a bun with lettuce, tomato, and pickles. I felt like saying, "Where's the beef?" It was a rip off.
The BK veggie was a soy burger with lettuce and tomato and pickles. At least that's what I recieved when I ordered it.
I know that Subway offers a veggie sub(just cold veggies . . . yuck) and a veggie pattie, which is a veg pattie with veggies and cheese(if you wish). The pattie's served hot and tastes pretty good when paired with the veggies you choose. I can't stand raw onions, so I order mine with lettuce, pickles, and a slice of cheese.
If the Subway near you offers a veg pattie sandwich, you may enjoy it.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Jack

Post by Jack »

mamakash wrote:
Doug_Tipple wrote:
The BK veggie was a soy burger with lettuce and tomato and pickles. At least that's what I recieved when I ordered it.
I know that Subway offers a veggie sub(just cold veggies . . . yuck) and a veggie pattie, which is a veg pattie with veggies and cheese(if you wish). The pattie's served hot and tastes pretty good when paired with the veggies you choose. I can't stand raw onions, so I order mine with lettuce, pickles, and a slice of cheese.
If the Subway near you offers a veg pattie sandwich, you may enjoy it.
On wheat bread with so much Italian dressing that it's almost soup-like, the sandwich is delicious!

I love raw onions on mine though (purple ones are so pretty).
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Congratulations wrote:Leno needs to just give it to Conan now.
Yeah, he already gave his 5-year notice.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Doug_Tipple wrote: Invariably I am asked whether my coffee is "for here or to go". But it doesn't matter where you consume the coffee; it comes in the same disposable cup with lid. The order taker should punch one of the keys (it doesn't matter which one) and not ask the question. However, if they ask me, I usually tell them the truth that I am going to drink part of it in the store and take the rest with me to go. Then they have to figure out which button to press.
Some places it actually makes a difference because there's no sales tax on dine-in but sales tax is charged on to-go orders. When in given the option, say it's dine-in and then just leave with it. You may not get a sack, but you save 6 percent. The food cops are not going to chase you down.
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Jack

Post by Jack »

gonzo914 wrote:
Doug_Tipple wrote: Invariably I am asked whether my coffee is "for here or to go". But it doesn't matter where you consume the coffee; it comes in the same disposable cup with lid. The order taker should punch one of the keys (it doesn't matter which one) and not ask the question. However, if they ask me, I usually tell them the truth that I am going to drink part of it in the store and take the rest with me to go. Then they have to figure out which button to press.
Some places it actually makes a difference because there's no sales tax on dine-in but sales tax is charged on to-go orders. When in given the option, say it's dine-in and then just leave with it. You may not get a sack, but you save 6 percent. The food cops are not going to chase you down.
Some states/commonwealths have sales tax rates above or below 6 percent.

Interestingly, apparently, in China, the concept of a sales tax is nonexistant. I have a friend from China who, when she first got here, was constantly dismayed that something could say "99 cents" and actually cost $1.05.
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Am I the only one who notices Leno's speech impediment (lisp) ??
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Am I the only one who guessed the punchline as soon as fries were mentioned?

It's a variant on the 'instant water' joke .... you know, just add water.
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Cranberry wrote:Interestingly, apparently, in China, the concept of a sales tax is nonexistant. I have a friend from China who, when she first got here, was constantly dismayed that something could say "99 cents" and actually cost $1.05.
That seems to distress British people too; there is tax in Britain but it is included in the displayed price.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Last time I was at the golden arches (which is RARE) they had some low fat dressings, so a salad with grilled chicken actually wasn't a terrible option. And the coffee really IS better these days.
Wendy's salads are really quite tasty. Again, ask for the low fat dressing.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

A good read! Fast Food Nation, after reading it you may never stop again at fast food joint. Go here

http://www.mcspotlight.org/media/books/schlosser.html

At the bottom of the above link, scroll down to read extracrts from the Guardian.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Cranberry wrote:
I'll take "The Bloody Obvious" for $1000, Alex.
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

So much to say, so little time.

First of all, it's not an inherent God given right to go to McDonalds or Burger King. If you don't like their food, don't go there. They are under no obligation to alter their business for anyone.

The name is "Burger King". I believe the word "burger" ought to give away the idea that they serve MEAT. They may cook their fries in MEAT oil. MEAT may come in contact with other products.

To sue or complain because you might get FAT eating at a greasy spoon that has a MEAT product in their very name is like complaining because you stick your head in an oven and get burned.

Those lawsuits are frivolous, absurd and based on three very fundamental errors.
Error 1: Because of TV you are somehow obligated to eat at McDonalds.
Error 2: You have a basic right as a human being to eat at McDonalds
Error 3: A business should cater to the whims of every individual based on errors 1 and 2 or on personal religious beliefs.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Jack

Post by Jack »

gonzo914 wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
I'll take "The Bloody Obvious" for $1000, Alex.
My name is not Alex.

It's Sally.
Innocent Bystander

"That's not what it says on the label..."

Post by Innocent Bystander »

That seems to distress British people too; there is tax in Britain but it is included in the displayed price.
Too flaming right! The number of times I was standing at the cashpoint with what I thought was the right change, but no, it's 6% more. Yeah, okay, you are used to it - the old excuse "We've always done it this way" but can't you get it into your heads that to have a price marked on an article and to charge a different amount is just plain WRONG! :x
And if you tried it in this country you would be UP IN COURT!

And anyway, let's hear it for White Castle Burgers!
Half a dozen of them is very nearly a meal!