SHE SCOOOOOOOORES!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

SHE SCOOOOOOOORES!

Post by Henke »

Anyone who watched the ladies hockey in the olympics just now will know what I mean!

:party: :party: :party:

DAMN THAT FELT GOOD!!!

:party: :party: :party:

She scores, we win. Sorry guys. We're in the final!

In your face!
Last edited by Henke on Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

somehow I thought that this would be about another kind of scoring... :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Henke

Post by Henke »

Tyler Morris wrote:somehow I thought that this would be about another kind of scoring... :D
Come back at 3 am tonight. It's a bit early still. :P
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Henke wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:somehow I thought that this would be about another kind of scoring... :D
Come back at 3 am tonight. It's a bit early still. :P
Gonna be playing some hockey, eh? :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Colin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: SHE SCOOOOOOOORES!

Post by Colin »

Henke wrote:Anyone who watched the ladies hockey in the olympics just now will know what I mean!]
I know EXACTLY how you feel - I just saw on the BBC our Scottish lads
are tanking your boys 7-2 in curling!!!

Alba Go Bragh
djm

Post by djm »

Its about time someone else stepped up in women's hockey. So far it has been entirely dominated by the US and Canada. Well done, Sweden!

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Henke

Post by Henke »

:party:
Looks like you guys aren't doing too well. For your information, we just beat you in the mens hockey as well.
Isn't that sweet?!
:)
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

Fabulous game, Martin was brilliant.

Americans are having a good deal of trouble with those 5 on 3's, to the credit of the Swedes today and the women's game.

The Canadian captain made the prediction before the games that she really doubted that they would be facing the Americans this time around, they just weren't as impressive as past years.

Congratulations Sweden! (Don't you just love watching Daniel Alfredsson play?)
missy

Post by missy »

Yeah - the Americans (men, didn't get a chance to see the women play) just weren't "together" in their play.
Although - what's with the penalty when the American hit the puck while he was trying to get his helmet back on? I understand about the "playing with dangerous equipment" thing - that just seems a weird penalty.

I hate watching hockey on TV - I'm following the puck, while the cameras aren't. My eyes are going back out to the blueline, while the camera is still focused on the goal. Drives me nuts.

I live in a town that can't even keep a darn AHL team in business. One of these days I'll get up to Columbus to see the Blue Jackets...........
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

missy wrote:what's with the penalty when the American hit the puck while he was trying to get his helmet back on? I understand about the "playing with dangerous equipment" thing - that just seems a weird penalty.
Yeah, but Weight knew the rules. No playing without a helmet and if it is knocked off, you go straight to the bench. It was obvious from the way he was scrambling around that he knew that was the case. Strange maybe, but I'm sure the GMs back in North American appreciate the rule.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

When did curling become an olympic sport???? :boggle:
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Henke

Post by Henke »

Here is a fun Video clip with the swedish goals from the womens game, with the swedish comentators. Hilarious stuff, you don't have to understand the words. :wink:

BTW, you guys are just too good sports about this :) Could it be that not too many americans have replied? That could be a bit satisfying anyway. It's not as fun when canadians reply. We'll see how it goes tonight.
Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

I personally think it's really boing to root for the dominant teams. (unless the sport is college basketball ad the team is Duke.)
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
djm

Post by djm »

Congratulations to both the Swedish and American women's hockey teams. Well fought and well won!

I especially liked both the women's and men's hockey teams for Italy. Even though they took a drubbing in every game they never gave up the fight right to the last second. Well done!

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Jeferson

Post by Jeferson »

All's well that ends well! :)

Jef