MMMMmm MMMMmm Good!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

MMMMmm MMMMmm Good!!

Post by Tyler »

From the Salt Lake Tribune's News of the Weird.
S.L. Trib wrote: Palatable peepers: The traditional Norwegian dish of smalahove is smoked sheep's head with all parts except the skull itself counted as delicacies. Especially tasty are the eyes, said a restaurateur quoted in a November Agence France-Presse dispatch from Voss, Norway, since they are the most-used muscles in the face: Eye ''just melts on the tongue.'' A visiting Englishman, served eyes, lips, tongue and ears, remarked that it is ''a bit of a visual challenge, but the meat is very good.''
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

A friend of mine married an Italian woman. The first time he visited her family in Italy, they had a sheep's head. They reserved the eyeballs for the guest of honor, my buddy. I think he avoided offending his hosts by offering them to his wife, which was a chivalrous act.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

Baaa!
missy

Post by missy »

This place sells sheep's heads:

http://www.junglejims.com/

Actually, if it is at all edible in just about any culture in the entire world, this place sells it. Or will get it for you. This place is absolutely incredible, and it all started years ago as a local fruit and vegetable stand.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I was going to post a picture of smalahove, since I'm always interested in what things look like. For the first time, I decided that a picture could be too disturbing for people. I eat meat, but this dish I think maybe you have to grow up eating to appreciate :lol: .
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Jack

Post by Jack »

missy wrote:This place sells sheep's heads:

Actually, if it is at all edible in just about any culture in the entire world, this place sells it. Or will get it for you. This place is absolutely incredible, and it all started years ago as a local fruit and vegetable stand.
I want to get a lamb's head and just sit it on my desk, in a jar. That would be so cool (and cruel and evil and seedy).
Scott McCallister
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: MMMMmm MMMMmm Good!!

Post by Scott McCallister »

Tyler Morris wrote:
S.L. Trib wrote: ...The traditional Norwegian dish ....

Two words...

Lute Fisk

Sheesh don't those folks know about lasagna?
There's and old Irish saying that says pretty much anything you want it to.

OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

I had beef tartar (sp?) for the first time a couple nights ago... salty. :oops:
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Oh...I thought this was more commentary on Cran's toes...

Robin
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Run lambchop, RRRUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!
Jack

Post by Jack »

spittin_in_the_wind wrote:Oh...I thought this was more commentary on Cran's toes...

Robin
Everybody should taste my toes--they're not nasty at all. They taste like slightly salty raw potatoes; just like fingers.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Cranberry wrote:
spittin_in_the_wind wrote:Oh...I thought this was more commentary on Cran's toes...

Robin
Everybody should taste my toes--they're not nasty at all. They taste like slightly salty raw potatoes; just like fingers.
... hmmmmmmm, I wonder what a pairing of Cran's potato toes and lamb's eyes might taste like.... er... with a nice chianti... hmmmmm....

Oooops, did I type that out loud?!?! :D :oops:
Jack

Post by Jack »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
Cranberry wrote:

Robin
... hmmmmmmm, I wonder what a pairing of Cran's potato toes and lamb's eyes might taste like.... er... with a nice chianti... hmmmmm....

Oooops, did I type that out loud?!?! :D :oops:
One time I threatened to eat aderyn_du, and nobody thought it was funny but me. I think this is funny too.
peteinmn

Post by peteinmn »

They apparently know a bit about cranberries as well.

http://www.junglejims.com/files/Margie_ ... -Crazy.pdf

:D
Jack

Post by Jack »

peteinmn wrote:

They apparently know a bit about cranberries as well.

http://www.junglejims.com/files/Margie_ ... -Crazy.pdf

:D
Sheep heads may eat cranberries (I'm pretty sure they do), but cranberries would never ever eat a sheep's head!! :o