Important find in Egypt

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Important find in Egypt

Post by Tyler »

The A.P. wrote: CAIRO, Egypt - American archaeologists have uncovered a pharaonic-era tomb in Egypt's Valley of the Kings, the first uncovered there since King Tutankhamun's in 1922, Egypt's antiquities chief announced.
Full article here.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Found close to Tut's tomb. I'll bet there are many tombs left undiscovered in the Valley of Kings... contrary to common belief. Cool stuff.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Yeah, isn't it rad!!?? I've always been into Egyptological stuff; always thought it was facinating.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

TylerM wrote:I've always been into Egyptological stuff
Yeah, me too, eh?

http://www.stevemartin.com/world_of_ste ... 387c6d2791

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Tyler Morris wrote:Yeah, isn't it rad!!?? I've always been into Egyptological stuff; always thought it was facinating.
When I was a teen, I thought that I would get into either Archaeology (Egyptology in particular) or Paleontology.

Instead, I got into trouble playing music professionally, abusing subtances, pollinating nearly every flower in nearly every state in the country and, basically, behaving quite poorly. My father (an Anthropologist) was a little disappointed with my life choices, I think. :D :lol:

However, in my spare time, I studied Paleontology for fun, and kept an eye on the latest in Egyptological discoveries... still do. It sort of keeps me linked to a time when/where my personal goals were a little higher, nostalgically speaking. :lol: :lol: :lol:
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

I've always been interested in this stuff, but sometimes I feel just a little uneasy about the whole idea of it--I mean, would I want a bunch of people rummaging around through my family's burial plot? They call people who break into these places and steal things "grave robbers" or "looters," but when scientists do the same thing, although done openly, they're making "discoveries."

Hmmm.....

Susan
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

When I was in second grade, an egyptologist came to school and did an assembly (on Hallowe'en) and showed us mummies and all sorts of artifacts. I developed a strong interest in Egyptian archæology at that point, which stayed with me for a long time.
Reasonable person
Walden
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

There was no mention in the article of a curse. There's bound to be a curse.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
emmline

Post by emmline »

TonyHiggins wrote:There was no mention in the article of a curse. There's bound to be a curse.
Tony
But it was a small tomb, and not royalty, so it'll be a small curse,
like getting a flat tire, or a hard drive crash.
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

TonyHiggins wrote:There was no mention in the article of a curse. There's bound to be a curse.
Tony
"Damnit!"

Hows that for a curse?