At last: The Chiff & Fipple Map

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Netscape refused to work with that program... I had to reboot my computer.
Now I smell something burning!
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

dale's a QT!
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

Tony wrote:Netscape refused to work with that program
What version of Netscape are you using? I am on 8.0.3.3 adn it seems to work okay for a wisened ould bugger. :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Now my pin has turned pink. :evil:
Denny

Post by Denny »

Lambchop wrote:Now my pin has turned pink. :evil:
Maybe mine isn't pink any more...
Tony
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

djm wrote:
Tony wrote:Netscape refused to work with that program
What version of Netscape are you using? I am on 8.0.3.3 adn it seems to work okay for a wisened ould bugger. :D

djm

I was waiting for the screen to refresh so I opened another window to look at a second map and Netscape froze. After closing both windows it refused to run again. I rebooted XP and started Netscape... I could see the hard disk activity for at least 45 seconds before the opening screen. That was probably a bad cache file refeshing.
When it did work, the map was covering the names on the right side.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Denny wrote:
There never was supposed to be pink! It wasn't a color choice. Yours shouldn't be pink. Shouldn't it be blue or green? I don't know if my pin was pink or not, it should be red, but whenever I tried to find it then it had to refresh and download for a long time and then it went back to the first 50 people and I wasn't on it. But there were usually lots of pink pins. And it wasn't just a faded red because there were more pink pins than women. :lol:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Denny

Post by Denny »

Cynth wrote:
Denny wrote:
There never was supposed to be pink! It wasn't a color choice. Yours shouldn't be pink. Shouldn't it be blue or green? I don't know if my pin was pink or not, it should be red, but whenever I tried to find it then it had to refresh and download for a long time and then it went back to the first 50 people and I wasn't on it. But there were usually lots of pink pins. And it wasn't just a faded red because there were more pink pins than women. :lol:
My profile is set to blue...

should I start to develope a lisp? :o :lol:
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

djm wrote:Actually, if you choose Map instead of Satellite, and zoom in real close in the lower half of the page, you can move your marker with great accuracy to your place of residence. I will be monitoring all the hot chicks on the board closely. :wink:

djm
and
If you care, and aren't paranoid about it, you can fine-tune your location by clicking on Myfrappr or something similar to that. It'll give you a close up of your specific area (if your town exists on the built-in maps, that is,) and you can find your exact location and change the pin.
(how DO you do double quotes and cite the person both times??)

Cool. It works. Takes forever with dial up but it works.
Charlene
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

Charlene wrote:(how DO you do double quotes and cite the person both times??)
Charlene ... you can put the person's name in the quote yourself.

(quote="Charlene") .... changing the () to [] will give the post's author. Actually putting ="whatever you want" after a quote will give the same bold print.
Jack & Jill went up the hill and wrote: See?

:D
Judy
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

[b]You do it just like this, Charlene: [/b]

[quote="djm"]Actually, if you choose Map instead of Satellite, and zoom in real close in the lower half of the page, you can move your marker with great accuracy to your place of residence. I will be monitoring all the hot chicks on the board closely. :wink:

djm[/quote]

[quote="The Deejster"]If you care, and aren't paranoid about it, you can fine-tune your location by clicking on Myfrappr or something similar to that. It'll give you a close up of your specific area (if your town exists on the built-in maps, that is,) and you can find your exact location and change the pin.[/quote]
Last edited by Lambchop on Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

And this is what it looks like:
djm wrote:Actually, if you choose Map instead of Satellite, and zoom in real close in the lower half of the page, you can move your marker with great accuracy to your place of residence. I will be monitoring all the hot chicks on the board closely. :wink:

djm
The Deejster wrote:If you care, and aren't paranoid about it, you can fine-tune your location by clicking on Myfrappr or something similar to that. It'll give you a close up of your specific area (if your town exists on the built-in maps, that is,) and you can find your exact location and change the pin.
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Dubh, you are either one of the ugliest women I've ever seen or you forgot to select your gender. :lol:
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
djm

Post by djm »

Here's another little trick I ran into with the map. It was suggested initially that if you didn't want to expose your email address to spammers' robots that you use a false email address. However, once you have initially set up your pin, if you want to later change some aspect of it, you must set up a Frappr account based on the email address you initially used. If you can't remember the password, they will email it to you.

But wait! I used a false email address, so I will never receive the email telling me how to get back into Frappr.

I be screw-wed. :x

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

jbarter wrote:Dubh, you are either one of the ugliest women I've ever seen or you forgot to select your gender. :lol:
Well I guess that's it then..my little secret is out in the open.

I like to think I am beautiful on the inside.

Slan,
D. :P
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats