Cruinniú Na bhFliúit..The Flute Meeting

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Just received this in an e-mail from Hammy Hamilton:

Announcing a 3 day event celebrating the wooden flute and it’s music. Running from April 20th-22nd 2006, in the West Cork villages of Baile Bhuirne and Cúil Aodha it will consist of focussed classes, seminars, recitals, film, lectures, and ending with a gala flute concert on Sat. 22nd.
Featuring Jean Michel Veillon, Harry Bradley, Paul McGrattan, Hammy Hamilton, Conal O Grada, Harry Bradshaw, and more to be confirmed.
We hope to have a website up and running shortly, but I’d ask anyone interested to mail me directly for the moment, and I’ll send the full program and booking form in an E-Mail circular, in the first week of January.
In order to maintain a high level of accessability between participants and teachers/lecturers numbers will be restricted.
All the Best
Hammy Hamilton
pmcallis
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by pmcallis »

Peter,
I received Hammy's announcement too and just sent off a reply asking ...naw....begging him to record some of the recitals/concerts in order to release a CD of the event. It's impossible for most of us to attend but wouldn't a CD be a popular item considering the line-up of players Hammy has attending?
Paul
Azathoth

Post by Azathoth »

Hi All,

I second that! A CD would be very good -- the more flute CDs the better!
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

I got the same email, and, by dint of great effort, managed not to email him back asking if a certain former Scoiltrad Person who is listed in his lineup actually intended to honor his committment . . .

I can imagine going all the way to Ireland for this only to have your scheduled instructor not show up . . .
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

I have received some request for more information. I have nothing to do with the event I just passed on an announcement for your information. This is the latest:
Thanks for your interest in Cruinniú na bhFliúit. Below is the booking form, and you'll find more info on the website at:
http://homepage.eircom.net/~hammie/FluteSite
The site is very basic at the moment, we're hoping to upgrade it shortly, with photos etc.
We have a lot of interest as a result of the first mail shot......places booked on a first come first served basis.

Booking Form
( we suggest that you either copy and paste this into an E-Mail, or print it out and send by post)

Fee €130 inclusive of all classes, seminars, lectures, recitals, and concert. Receipt of booking deposit of €65 secures place.
Payment by credit card, (phone details to 353(0)26 45209)
bank draft in Euro, or Euro cheque drawn on an Irish bank.
One booking form per particpant

Name:

Address:

E-Mail Address

Ph.no.

Mob. Ph. No.

Mail to: hammy at eircom.net

Post to: Nóirín Hamilton
Cruinniú Na bhFliúit
Cúil Aodha
Macroom,
Co. Cork
Rep. of Ireland

Receipt of booking deposit will be onfirmed by E-Mail or post.

All the Best
Hammy Hamilton
Hammy Hamilton, Cúil Aodha, Macroom, Co. Cork, Ireland.
Ph. 353 (0)26 45209 Fax 353 (0) 26 45578
E-Mail hammy at eircom.net
Markus

Post by Markus »

So is there anyone here who actually is coming to the weekend in question? I just managed to pay my deposit two days ago and would like to know if any of the other 29 lucky participants would be users of this board...

Markus
neilC
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Flute player with The Munster Men, trying to get all the help and advice I can as the journey never ends!

Post by neilC »

I'm going - looking forward to meeting other flute junkies!
Flute and whistle player with The Munster Men

A few random recordings of mine on YouTube
Harry

Post by Harry »

I'm going, apparently.

Regards,

H.
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

Lambchop wrote:I got the same email, and, by dint of great effort, managed not to email him back asking if a certain former Scoiltrad Person who is listed in his lineup actually intended to honor his committment . . .

I can imagine going all the way to Ireland for this only to have your scheduled instructor not show up . . .
Yet you did not hesitate at all to post a comment here for public viewing. :-?
David Levine

Yes...

Post by David Levine »

If Harry's apparently going I'm going.
Apparently.
Time will tell who has fell and who's been left behind,
Most likely you'll go your way, I'll go mine.
Myrddin

Post by Myrddin »

I'm going too - looking forward to meeting some board members!
neilC
Tell us something.: Flute player with The Munster Men, trying to get all the help and advice I can as the journey never ends!

Post by neilC »

The way some of you guys seem to react to each other, I'm kinda hopeful none of you are going. I've met politics in every job I've had, I'd be naive to expect to not meet it in this meeting, I just didn't want to know about it before I went.

rama
Tell us something.: flute itm flute, interested in the flute forum for discussions and the instrument exchange forum to buy and sell flutes

Post by rama »

neilC wrote:The way some of you guys seem to react to each other, I'm kinda hopeful none of you are going. I've met politics in every job I've had, I'd be naive to expect to not meet it in this meeting, I just didn't want to know about it before I went.
i won't be going, apparently
neilC

Post by neilC »

Gotta love these in jokes. Me, I'll be cancelling my ticket tomorrow.

Harry

Post by Harry »

Now that you mention it I've changed my mind too. It is now apparent that I am not going and will be replaced by Pruntious Mac Natsee, the well known Ulster Scots loyalist ultra right wing christian extreemist wife hating anti semetic pigeon and seal clubbing fancier.

Damn fine flute player though... enjoy him.

Regards,

Harry.