Listening

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
KDMARTINKY
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Listening

Post by KDMARTINKY »

I have been working about everyother day on the NPU Vol. 1 video, but am finding that my learning comes easier from listening to other pipers like Seamus, Valley, and even some of you off the clips and snips.

I taught myself the whistle by using the same technique of listening. Is this a bad technigue to use learning piping?

Thanks
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Re: Listening

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

KDMARTINKY wrote:I have been working about everyother day on the NPU Vol. 1 video, but am finding that my learning comes easier from listening to other pipers like Seamus, Valley, and even some of you off the clips and snips.

I taught myself the whistle by using the same technique of listening. Is this a bad technigue to use learning piping?

Thanks
I think you'll find it is one of the most popular and recommended ways of learning. Couple that with getting in touch with another piper of some experience, it is a good way to go. Keep it up.
brianc

Post by brianc »

KDMARTINKY wrote:...am finding that my learning comes easier from listening to other pipers like Seamus, Valley, and even some of you off the clips and snips. Is this a bad technigue to use learning piping?

If anyone does tell you that this listening technique is bad, then you should tell them that they are clearly suffering from an extreme case of internal cranial thrombosis.*

* Internal cranial thrombosis; slang medical term, applied to one whose head is so far up their arse, that their heart is beating the sh*t out of their brain. :wink:
RomanPiper

Post by RomanPiper »

If anyone does tell you that this listening technique is bad, then you should tell them that they are clearly suffering from an extreme case of internal cranial thrombosis.*

* Internal cranial thrombosis; slang medical term, applied to one whose head is so far up their arse, that their heart is beating the sh*t out of their brain. :wink:[/quote]

Perhaps Keith's would be tutor and resident physician (Glands) might want to offer his expert medical opinion on this?
Hail Caesar!
Joseph E. Smith

Then there's always just the plain old rectal cranial infarction.
brianc

Post by brianc »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:Then there's always just the plain old rectal cranial infarction.
Same clinical condition, without the heart beating on the brain.

:wink:
Joseph E. Smith

brianc wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:Then there's always just the plain old rectal cranial infarction.
Same clinical condition, without the heart beating on the brain.

:wink:
Yup, because some folks with this condition do not have a heart to speak of. :lol:
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

Is this the same as a "Brain f*rt"?
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
anima

Post by anima »

Internal cranial thrombosis; slang medical term, applied to one whose head is so far up their arse, that their heart is beating the sh*t out of their brain.
Actually.... an internal cranial thrombosis would be a blood clot in one of the blood vessels within the skull - a very real and serious condition.

rectal cranial infarction doesn't work either - an infarction is a blocked blood vessel causing localized decreased/absent blood flow.

I think the term you all are looking for is a cranio-rectal-cardio impaction.

But I prefer the more simple term of a cranio-rectal impaction for someone whose head is so far up their ass that they have no idea what they are doing. :D

cheers from your friendly neighborhood obstetrician.

Jeff
anima

Post by anima »

KDMARTINKY wrote:Is this the same as a "Brain f*rt"?
Cerebral flatulence would be the most correct term here, but intracranial flatulence is OK too and just sounds better. :D
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

So, I guess it's okay to learn by listening, eh Keith? :lol:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Joseph E. Smith

Cynth wrote:So, I guess it's okay to learn by listening, eh Keith? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
lundblad

Post by lundblad »

this is just like some of the other discussions...."word-shighting"...that is!
I better get away so the faeces-vomiting ends up over here in the scandinavians....hehe
Rob
Uilleann Piper from beyond!!!
RomanPiper

Post by RomanPiper »

I guess this has come full circle again, which begs the question: perhaps the waterfowl think you've captured a duck and are trying to squeeze doodoo out of it? They think that the sounds coming out are a call for help and they are trying to assist their wounded comrade. If there is actual dookey coming out (or if any of the others release some in flight), maybe it will get on the brasswork and improve the aesthetic value of your set.
Hail Caesar!
Learning Piper
Location: Out of my mind for a minute. Please leave a message and I will call you back as soon as possible.

Post by Learning Piper »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
S. K. Cull

Dyslexics of the world; UNTIE!!... Or is it unite?... Nuite?..... AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!