What are you doing New Year's Eve?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

Working at my regular job.
No votes
Working as a musician at someone else's party.
3%
Going to bed at my usual time.
23%
I'm going to stay home but stay up until after midnight.
40%
Going to a "First Night" type celebration.
9%
Going to a party at someone's home.
17%
Throwing a party myself.
3%
Party! Party! Party! Who cares where!
6%

Total votes: 35

Charlene
antispam: No

Post by Charlene »

I'm working until 5 pm then going downtown to the "First Night" celebration.

This is my first poll - be kind to me! :lol:
Charlene
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:party: :party:

Getting seriously hammered.

'Tis late at night here but the crack is starting...could be a very long day.

Happy new year to all..

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Byll
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

My band will be playing 4 sets between 7 and 11PM at a neighboring city's First Night Celebration. As was said before...It is going to be a very long day...

Best to all.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

I spent nearly all of twenty years playing in pubs on New Years Eve. This year, for the first time in a long time, I am staying home and sober... heh... we'll see how long this lasts. :lol:
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

I'll be getting very very drunk!

Going to a ceilidh before heading to a house party after the bells. Still need to go buy my booze though.

Hope everyone has a great hogmany!
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

we're going to a pre-demo party!

There's been two empty corners in our neighborhood. The community council has finally gotten the property and is moving ahead with plans for smalls shops and owner lived in condos.

It's been a LONG time coming, and we're going to celebrate!

http://www.collegehill-arch.org/predemo.htm
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
emmline

Post by emmline »

Be careful folks.

As for me, nothing much most likely,(I will fiddle and whistle Auld Lang Syne,) but we do have a New Year's Day
afternoon dinner to go to tomorrow.

What would I like to do?
Have a party with my favorite Chiffers!
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

First Night is grand fun I'm sure, but there are a LOT of people out drinking and driving. I do not want to be on the road with them.

Tyghre and I will go out for an 'early' supper at our fave restaurant (Piccolo Arancio in Farmington, if anyone is interested) then come home. Undoubtedly I will fall asleep on the couch, he'll give me a shookle at 11:55, I'll say "go 'way, lemmeee sleep", wake up, kiss, and move upstairs to the warmth and comfort of the bed.

Happy, healthy and safe New Year to all!
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Working till five tonight, then off to dinner with some friends, then split from them and go to a house party of the Set dancers, play, drink, dance, drink, play, dance, drink..... And the best of all, it can all be done on foot, no driving and no taxis.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I have a new drink that I am experimenting with. It's called a beer cooler. In a tall glass filled with ice cubes pour the glass have full of beer, and then filll the glass with water. Stir briskly. OK, so it does taste a little thin, but once you get used to it, it isn't that bad. One can of beer will make three large beer coolers. Surely, with this regimen, I will spend less money on beer, lose weight, and not be so cranky in the morning.

As for New Year's eve, I am going to stay off of the streets and highways and stay home and watch New Year events on the TV. No doubt, I will play my fiddle, as well. Oh yes, a few beer coolers with do the trick.

Happy New Year everyone!
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Friends and I had actually planned a big party for tonight, with booze, water-pipe, lots of food...we did all the shopping yesterday....And today i've got 39°C fever, others are feeling a bit sick too. sh*t. We postponed our party 2 weeks. So. I'll be at home, eating instant chinese soup, as I am doing now. :x :(
emmline

Post by emmline »

Oooh. Poor Amar. Take care of yourself.
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

I'll be going to bed early. No alcohol. No celebration. I'll just enjoy my children and grandchildren and maybe a video chat with the family in Ohio. Play a little whistle and relax. I'll feel great tomorrow.

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

We're getting hammered by a series of really nasty storms, so I'm just as glad we have no plans to go out (I don't like going out on New Year's Eve anyway...even if you go to an alcohol-free First Night celebration, you have to deal with the drunks on the road on the way home). Because there's a strong chance we'll lose power at some point during all this, I'm planning to just make a pot of chili, which I can do on the gas stove. There's a bottle of bubbly chilling in the fridge (it'll go on ice if the power goes out) and some sparkling cranberry juice for Jo. We're all stocked up on batteries, so if worse comes to worse, we'll just kick back and play "Clue" and "Munchkin" until Midnight, at which point I will, as always, regale my neighborhood with "Auld Lang Syne"...played on my Sweetheart Pro, I think, this year.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Probably try saving a little water with the wife. :party: AFTER coming home from my newspaper job around 10:30 or so.

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=35712
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus