Two whistles on ebay.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Alan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Two whistles on ebay.

Post by Alan »

I see Eilam is selling a couple of nice whistles on ebay.

A Burke D: http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Burke-Irish ... dZViewItem

And an Overton F: http://cgi.ebay.com/Overton-Irish-Whist ... dZViewItem
Alan
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Based on the cloth case it comes with I would venture to say it is a Bernard Overton whistle. Not that there is anything wrong with that! :boggle:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Montana
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Montana »

Man, I wish people would list whistles all in the same eBay category!
The majority of whistles are listed under Other Woodwinds but some people always try to list them under Flutes. They aren't flutes, people. How am I supposed to get any good deals if I can't find everything in the same place? :wink:
sheesh...
Whistling Willie
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Post by Whistling Willie »

You could always type in Whistle and search in musical instruments :wink:
"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
rh

Post by rh »

i have a saved search: (whistle, tinwhistle, pennywhistle) in musical instruments, seems to work pretty well.
there is no end to the walking
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

This search filters out a bunch of other things when doing a seach in Musical Instruments:

whistle -train -ocarina -mug -swanny -swannee -pacifier -slide -acme -haggis, whistle -train -ocarina -mug -swanny -swannee -pacifier -slide -acme -haggis
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Montana

Post by Montana »

IDAwHOa wrote:This search filters out a bunch of other things when doing a seach in Musical Instruments:

whistle -train -ocarina -mug -swanny -swannee -pacifier -slide -acme -haggis, whistle -train -ocarina -mug -swanny -swannee -pacifier -slide -acme -haggis
Pacifier?
I don't know... sometimes my whistle can be a pacifier... :wink:
MacNeil

Post by MacNeil »

Perhaps, but I sure wouldn't want to try whistling on a haggis!

:lol:
Raven Falls Photography
www.ravenfallsphotography.com
Black Mage

Post by Black Mage »

IDAwHOa wrote:This search filters out a bunch of other things when doing a seach in Musical Instruments:

Am I correct is assuming that "The Whistle Smith" is a brand that I should avoid?

I see their stuff on eBay all the time, and something in the back of mind warns me away.
"Playing the whistle is nothing impressive. All one has to do is cover the right holes at the right time, and the instrument plays itself."
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

The Whistle Smith brand isn't too bad. Similiar to a Dixon (the all plastic one) in sound IMO ... although I like the Dixon better. I haven't tried any key but a soprano D. It all depends on what you're looking for in a whistle. :)

Judy