Recently made pipes pictures ...

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Nice looking schtuff there Jim. Did I forget to mention that there is a toll for posting Ups and related stuff in this thread? :twisted:

... I like mine in paduka and African Blackwood with nicklesilver, stainless steel and alternate ivory trim.

:D :D :D

Chris, I'll take a cocobolo and maple chanter, thanks! :D :P
CrackPiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by CrackPiper »

those are some serious looking bellows. Great work!
pudinka
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by pudinka »

Nice black leather pumps...I know they make their legs look nice, but how on earth to women walk in those things?
It's true that you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar - but a big, steaming pile works best of all.
Doogie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Doogie »

Still working on the Baritone and tenor, and need to make a stabilizer band for the bass drone, although it is mighty sturdy without one...... :D
Donald E Baltus

Post by Donald E Baltus »

Jim wrote:Here is a link to two sets of bellows I just completed (not for sale).
One is paduka and African Blackwood with nicklesilver, stainless steel and alternate ivory trim. The other is Brazillian Cherry and paduka with brass and alternate horn trim.

Jim
http://mysite.verizon.net/littlems1/bellows/
I see the waist belt. I like how it's attached with the pretty brass decorative plate. I just wonder why there seems to be only an inch of it available to put through the buckle and no hole for a tang even if you try to do so.

Great looking bellows, assuming they work, but the belt thing seems like a major failure to connect the dots..................................................................................................................................................silence
Baltus, Donald E
King of Canavoy

Post by King of Canavoy »

whoops, had to edit, wrong post
kb

Post by kb »

Nice bass drone, Doogie; could you describe your tube bending techique that gave such nice results? --kb
Jim
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Jim »

Donald E Baltus wrote: I see the waist belt. I like how it's attached with the pretty brass decorative plate. I just wonder why there seems to be only an inch of it available to put through the buckle and no hole for a tang even if you try to do so.

Great looking bellows, assuming they work, but the belt thing seems like a major failure to connect the dots..................................................................................................................................................silence
Thank you for the comments on the bellows. The piece of leather you see is temporary. (The actual belts had not been attached and can be seen in some of the other pictures).The belt is situated between two pads. There is no padding under the belt. While I am attaching the pads to the clapper I use the small strip of leather and the metal piece to hold everything in place. When the pads are finally attached, I remove the piece of leather and attach the belt.

They do work.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Jim
liestman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by liestman »

Hey, Doogie, did YOU make that bass drone or are you trying to steal someone elses work? The image is hosted at the link below and clearly belongs to the Texas pipemaker Seth Hamon, who is "texas bagpiper" on this forum. src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/te ... IM0624.jpg"? Are you working with Seth as an apprentice or something???
yer friend and mine,
John Liestman
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

liestman wrote:Hey, Doogie, did YOU make that bass drone or are you trying to steal someone elses work? The image is hosted at the link below and clearly belongs to the Texas pipemaker Seth Hamon, who is "texas bagpiper" on this forum.
Doogie is Seth Hamon... check out the email address.
simonknight

Post by simonknight »

Doogie wrote: Still working on the Baritone and tenor, and need to make a stabilizer band for the bass drone, although it is mighty sturdy without one...... :D
The drone looks nicely mounted but the style is not particularly traditional. Do you have a more modern overall design aesthetic you're going for?
Simon
liestman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by liestman »

Re: Doogie and Seth - my bad, sorry.

Joseph, you are still Joseph right? ;-)
yer friend and mine,
John Liestman
Doogie

Post by Doogie »

simonknight wrote:
Doogie wrote: Still working on the Baritone and tenor, and need to make a stabilizer band for the bass drone, although it is mighty sturdy without one...... :D
The drone looks nicely mounted but the style is not particularly traditional. Do you have a more modern overall design aesthetic you're going for?

I want to have my own look without straying too far from the traditional/or modern look of UP's...

P.S. Doogie is what my Mother nicknamed me when I was born...
Doogie

Post by Doogie »

kb wrote:Nice bass drone, Doogie; could you describe your tube bending techique that gave such nice results? --kb
When I make bends, I pour low melting alloy into the tube, bend it and then take the torch to the bend to melt the alloy back out... You can buy the low melting alloy's at Smallparts Inc.. in Florida.. This stuff melts with a candle....

http://www.smallparts.com/products/descriptions/lma.cfm

I think Michael Dow has some pics related to this on his website..
http://www.archcarving.com/Bagpipes%20& ... _pipes.htm
Scroll down all the way to the bottom..

Also, Their are some pictures of this being done by Geoff Wooff on the Sean Reid CD/ROM Vol. 2 . Pictures taken by Peter Laban...
Marc van Daal

recently made pipes pictures

Post by Marc van Daal »

All best wishes for new year, and lots off piping pleasure,
This is a picture off a silver plated set in concert pitch I have made for myself,
regards Marc
http://home.planet.nl/~crazed/concertsilver.jpg :boggle: