New Toys! Yippee!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
chrysophylax
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

New Toys! Yippee!

Post by chrysophylax »

Finally got myself a new whistle ( actually a set ). I am the new proud owner of a set of Abells in D,C, and Eb. Two days in and gotta say, they're sounding mighty fine......... Quite different to what I'm used to, being my first wooden whistles. Anyway just thought I'd brag. I mean SHARE! :wink:
What??
Unseen122
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Lucky. I think the Abell whistle I played once was my favorite of any whistle I have played, and I have played a lot. I just could never afford them even when I was goin to buy a Wooden Whistle (ended up with Bleazey which I traded back to Phil for part of a Flute as I like playing Flute more) I did not have enough to spend for an Abell. Of course I play some thing similar to an Abell in sound, a Sindt which is a purer than an Abell and has more chiff.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I got the exact same set of Abells just a few weeks ago! Mine are #1235, what's yours?

Anyway, they are surely the finest whistles I own, from the standpoint of playing. They always behave themselves, and do exactly what I tell them (which is a problem sometimes, :P ). My Rose has a purer/sweeter sound, but it's a little more fickle, and not quite as nimble. The Bleazey Bb I bought recently can be a fight at times, but I think it's just because I haven't quite learned its niceties, yet. The sound out of that one is incredible.
chrysophylax

Post by chrysophylax »

Mine are number 906. Don't know how how old that makes them...
I've officially fallen in love with the C.
What??
clark
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've played Irish flute most of my life. My band Celtic Waves has been performing in Honolulu for the last 17 years.

Post by clark »

Mine are maybe eight years old or more and are number 562.