Female-friendly Home PC

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
flanum
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Female-friendly Home PC

Post by flanum »

Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

where's the screen? I don't recognize that object at all.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

......... oooooooooooo somebody's gonna get it good............
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

flanum, you're on your own with this one... :o
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Denny

Post by Denny »

There is nothing good to say about such a blatantly sexist post... :wink:
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Sorry folks couldnt resist it. :lol:
I should have slipped it into the "jessica" thread!
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
missy

Post by missy »

Nate has been doing his own ironing since age 12 (he was taught in encampment how to do his Civil Air Patrol uniform). Know what his one and only complaint was about Navy Basic Training?

Having to iron his underwear!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

The screen is probably off scene on the kitchen counter showing some sort of screen saver such as "Days of our Lives" or some other silly daytime program. :D
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Do you know where I saw more ironing boards than I've ever seen before or since?

In the Army.

And every guy I knew spent time with one daily. And obsessively.

Men, mind you. Not women.

They treasured their irons. They debated the value of metal threads in the cloth board covers. They had collections of spray starch for every conceivable purpose. They cultivated the affections of the employees of laundries.

And once they got it all starched and ironed into board-like rigidity . . . they put the stuff on and refused to sit down or bend their knees. If they did, it would crack.

The ones from the academies were the worst. I tell you, neurotic beyond belief.

I did not know a single female officer who did this. Not one.
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

*reaches for the rotting tomatos*
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
emmline

Post by emmline »

Well, I lied. I knew it was an iron. We have a board like that in the basement. It's a good spot to set the cat food down while refilling the kitty's water bowl. I stink at ironing and pretty much avoid it. Everyone in the house does his/her own on a strictly desperation basis.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I actually minded ironing quite a bit less than most other household tasks, but I seem to have quit doing that too. Our cats spend a lot of time on our ironing board and I did have it covered with a blanket which fell on the floor some time ago so now there is kitty hair all over the ironing board which makes ironing impossible. I suppose I should do something about that.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Cynth wrote:I actually minded ironing quite a bit less than most other household tasks, but I seem to have quit doing that too. Our cats spend a lot of time on our ironing board and I did have it covered with a blanket which fell on the floor some time ago so now there is kitty hair all over the ironing board which makes ironing impossible. I suppose I should do something about that.
You could mention it in your will.

I'm pretty sure we own an ironing board, but I don't know where it is. I think jeans and T-shirts look funny ironed, anyhow.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Chiffed

Post by Chiffed »

I tossed out my iron (a leftover from enlisted days) as soon as they came out with Dockers Wrinkle-Free, Teflon-Coated, Stretchy-Waist, Looks-Good-Even-Though-You-Gained-Weight pants. Power to the slobs!
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Lambchop wrote:They treasured their irons. They debated the value of metal threads in the cloth board covers. They had collections of spray starch for every conceivable purpose. They cultivated the affections of the employees of laundries.
Facinating! I wonder if there's a Steam & Starchle message board where they discuss iron tweaking...