OMG, Nick and Jessica have called it quitsville....

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

amar wrote:very scary. ;)
Just remember, behind those warm and smoky brown eyes, blinding smile and gently cleft chin.... beats the heart of a total airhead. :lol: :lol: :lol:

She made an indignant and heartfelt statement something to the effect that she refused to eat buffalo wings because she really liked buffalo, and thought it was a cruel thing.
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

I think she has multiple personalities. That could be hard to deal with.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
amar wrote:so...jessica's single...eh..?

:D

Go get her dude! :D
Hold your horses, amar...
you might as well go after a hot air balloon; jessica simpson and the balloon are both vessels of massive ammounts of hot air, but the hot air balloon can take you places you've never been before and can actually rise above the ground.
Better yet, you could go after a helium balloon; helium rises faster than air.
Now, amar, you really need to trust my opinion here. I am probably one of the few chiffers that has actually met jessica simpson. I met her in January while I was putting overtime in guarding at the Sundance Film Festival...she has to be the worlds most air-headded human being alive(I'd say there are even betting odds that she's not even human, she's probably some droid that has a critical malfunction. That's the only way I can explain someone so ditzy. She's probably something Wallace and Grommett cooked up). I bet there are scores of bodyguards around her at all times just to keep her from winning a Darwin award. :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Joseph E. Smith

Tyler Morris wrote:... I bet there are scores of bodyguards around her at all times just to keep her from winning a Darwin award. :P
Sad, but I believe this to be true. :lol: :lol: :lol:
missy

Post by missy »

hey- don't pick on Nick - he's a home town boy - and I know for a fact he actually DID graduate from high school!!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Hey Cynth, I was being funny,yes I do know who they are and I don't really care! For me, most of the so called entertainers on television, in Hollywood etc. have nothing to contribute or create any value in my life. They're fluff heads!

They're only entertainers, over valued, over exposed, and over rated but great cons in making to many people believe that they actually have a talent worth exploiting.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Joseph E. Smith

MarkB wrote:
They're only entertainers, over valued, over exposed, and over rated but great cons in making too many people believe that they actually have a talent worth exploiting.

MarkB
Most, if not all pop music aimed at teens today fits this statement. But it isn't the entertainers that are the con artists, it is the industry.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
MarkB wrote:
They're only entertainers, over valued, over exposed, and over rated but great cons in making too many people believe that they actually have a talent worth exploiting.

MarkB
Most, if not all pop music aimed at teens today fits this statement. But it isn't the entertainers that are the con artists, it is the industry.
On the money there Joe.

The "Entertainers" very often are exploited more than the punters.
The history of popular music is littered with the debris of those whose fifeteen minutes has expired, often with heartbreaking tragedy.
The Industry will soon find another pretty face.

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

shush, jessica, don't listen to all those bad men! :wink:
Joseph E. Smith

dubhlinn wrote: The Industry will soon find another pretty face.

Slan,
D.
Yes. The phrase "there's more where that came from" is the rule of the day for those Basmatis.
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Joseph, this is completely off topic, but not worth starting a thread for.

Your avatar reminds me of a quote I saw earlier this week:

Towards the end of a football game, the outcome of which ensured that Notre Dame would go to the Orange Bowl, some fans started throwing oranges onto the field. After the game, Lou Holtz, Notre Dame's head coach, was asked by reporters what he thought about that. He quipped, "Well, I was just thankful we're not going to the Gater Bowl."

Best wishes,
Jerry
Joseph E. Smith

Jerry Freeman wrote:Joseph, this is completely off topic, but not worth starting a thread for.

Your avatar reminds me of a quote I saw earlier this week:

Towards the end of a football game, the outcome of which ensured that Notre Dame would go to the Orange Bowl, some fans started throwing oranges onto the field. After the game, Lou Holtz, Notre Dame's head coach, was asked by reporters what he thought about that. He quipped, "Well, I was just thankful we're not going to the Gater Bowl."

Best wishes,
Jerry
:lol: :lol: :lol:

... or the elephant bowl. :wink:
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

MarkB wrote:Hey Cynth, I was being funny,yes I do know who they are and I don't really care! For me, most of the so called entertainers on television, in Hollywood etc. have nothing to contribute or create any value in my life. They're fluff heads!

They're only entertainers, over valued, over exposed, and over rated but great cons in making to many people believe that they actually have a talent worth exploiting.

MarkB
:lol: I was just pulling your leg too. I didn't have the faintest idea of who they were. But I really wouldn't expect a librarian to necessarily know who they were. I know a librarian could look it up! :lol:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I could look it them up Cynth, but last week we had young student in here who wanted all the books on them for her school project and when we didn't have any books, her mother took a fit and couldn't understand why someone so popular can't have any books written about her.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?