are you left-handed or right?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

are you left-handed or right-handed?

Left
13%
Right
87%

Total votes: 38

flanum
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

are you left-handed or right?

Post by flanum »

Myself, im a right-hander but i have to shoulder a gun on my left as i am left-eyed!

Also i would like to know how come it feels just so wrong shaking hands with the left hand?
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
djm

Post by djm »

Depends which hand you use to wipe yourself with.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
SteveK

Re: are you left-handed or right?

Post by SteveK »

flanum wrote:
Also i would like to know how come it feels just so wrong shaking hands with the left hand?
It feels wrong because it is wrong. The word sinister is derived from sinistrum-the left side and sinistra-the left hand. :moreevil:
buddhu

Post by buddhu »

Right handed mostly, but left handed when wielding a pool cue...
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
Jack

Post by Jack »

I'm right handed, because I am normal. Left-handed people are weird. Have you ever seen one of them? They grow horns and shoot laser beams out of their eyes, I tell ye! ;)

I don't shoot guns or hold pool cues, so I don't know about that but my guess would be whatever is normal for right handed people. I play whistle and flute "right-handed."
ShadowBG625
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Post by ShadowBG625 »

My brother is left-handed, but does just about everything with his right (guitar, he was in the National Guard, and used his right hand for all that military stuff, etc..)
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Cranberry wrote:I'm right handed, because I am normal. Left-handed people are weird. Have you ever seen one of them? They grow horns and shoot laser beams out of their eyes, I tell ye! ;)

I don't shoot guns or hold pool cues, so I don't know about that but my guess would be whatever is normal for right handed people. I play whistle and flute "right-handed."
So Cran, do you know which is your shooting eye?

Pick a spot on the wall on the other side of the room, with both eyes open raise an arm close to your chin(extended away from you) and point at that object or spot.
Now without moving your arm, close one eye then open it, then do the same with the other eye.
The eye that made the finger move the LEAST is your shooting eye!
Last edited by flanum on Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

flanum wrote:Also i would like to know how come it feels just so wrong shaking hands with the left hand?
Clearly, you weren't a Boy Scout.
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

I'm left-handed in everything except eating with a knife and fork. This is why I play the bloody harmonica instead of something useful like the fiddle. :moreevil:

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I eat left handed but that is about it.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

flanum wrote:are you left-handed or right-handed?
I've still got both hands.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Im right handed but I use my left hand for the computer mouse.

I guess I just got used to it since I used my brother's computer so much in high school (he's left-handed). Now it feels weird to do it the other way around. O.o
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
missy

Post by missy »

I'm right handed. Before Lasik, my right eye was my "better" eye, and I'm also right eye dominant (I also, from target archery and using a microscope, know not to shut my left eye when focusing).
We actually diagnosed Noah's vision problems (he has a really weird astigmatism) because he was target shooting and wanted to cross eye focus (use his left and lean over the gun).
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Though I'm a confirmed southpaw in almost all respects, I kick a football with my right foot, use my right eye for everything such as looking through microsopes and telescopes, and hold the phone to my right ear.

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

I'm right handed in writing, though since high school I've been semi-training myself to be ambidextrous for everything else (because too much right-handed activity makes my elbow and arm hurt). I'm left eyed for archery and photography, which is odd because that's the eye with a stronger astigmatism.

My grandmother is left handed but everyone else in my family is a righty as far as I know.