Astrology and Fluting -just for fun

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.

I am using this as a list of people in the cue for public conversation about their astrology. This is not a poll

peeplj
27%
cathy wilde (birth details still to be supplied)
33%
djm
27%
peach
13%

Total votes: 15

djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

If anyone figures out "stomach walls" and "regarding boundaries to do with possessions and, possibly, unwise generosity" please let me know. :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
fyffer

Post by fyffer »

Although I am generally a non-believer in astrology, the allure of a possibly free reading is intriguing. To avoid data-mining of my birth date and place of birth, I will be PM'ing my data to Tal.

My recommendations to all of you who put all that stuff in this thread:
edit it out. I'm not paranoid, just cautious.
:)
___\|/______________________________
|___O____|_O_O_o_|_o_O__O__|_O__O__|
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

djm wrote:If anyone figures out "stomach walls" and "regarding boundaries to do with possessions and, possibly, unwise generosity" please let me know. :D

djm
Well, I think the stomach walls might be meaning the bag of bagpipes. Just a guess. It seems like there aren't many instruments one plays by pushing on them with one's own stomach walls.

I guess you might be liable to give all your stuff away. Like you might hear a televangelist and decide to give away all your possessions and join him in his crusade. Read the "Little Pebble" thread by Wombat, you don't want to follow people who see apparitions. If you feel tempted, put on a leisure suit and eat some fish.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

fyffer wrote:My recommendations to all of you who put all that stuff in this thread:
edit it out. I'm not paranoid, just cautious.
:)
I would have to agree with this . . . a date and place of birth makes theft of your identity a lot easier.
Cotelette d'Agneau
dow
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by dow »

Well, just out of curiosity, I'll PM my info to Tal as well.
Dow Mathis ∴
Boerne, TX
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Unseen122 wrote:Don't really know that much but I am an Aquarius in the 8th House I think about the house thing. :D I think I have Leo rising. My uncle who is anti astrology once said to another one o' my uncles "Charles your head is in Uranus." :lol:

:lol:
pretty cliched but still funny.
(as you know I'm a punny sort of fella).

Anyway the astrologer is not so concerned if your head is in Uranus. The astolger is more concerned where Uranus is.
:o
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Jon C.
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

talasiga wrote:
Unseen122 wrote:Don't really know that much but I am an Aquarius in the 8th House I think about the house thing. :D I think I have Leo rising. My uncle who is anti astrology once said to another one o' my uncles "Charles your head is in Uranus." :lol:

:lol:
pretty cliched but still funny.
(as you know I'm a punny sort of fella).

Anyway the astrologer is not so concerned if your head is in Uranus. The astolger is more concerned where Uranus is.
:o
Still waiting for my chart, it has been 3 years! :(
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Denny

Post by Denny »

might be a little quicker :lol:

http://astrology.alabe.com
eilam

Post by eilam »

Cathy Wilde wrote:And I should double-check, but as I recall Eilam is, too. Hey, E?
catski, i'm a taurus, but you know, capricorn and taurus make a great match (hint hint).
my b-day is coming up in a few days.
love, e.
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Jon C. wrote: Still waiting for my chart, it has been 3 years! :(
Well I'd send your money back except that I didn't ask for payment and so I have nothing to send back!
:P

Jon C.
Your rahu is in Scorpio.

In your last life you were an austere anchorite type. For instance you may have been a Tibetan Buddhist lama with the motto, " if there is a choice between two paths, pick the harder one". You had mastered this sort of approach to life and bring it into this one as one of your strengths.

But, alas, you must surrender that as your fallback strength. In this life you need to develop your capacity to go with the flow, ride easy. The flight of the eagle to dizzying heights takes energy and effort. You are already up there Jon. You don't need to struggle so much to move about now. Simply glide.

Continue to be self disciplined in your musical practice. Of course! But don't let that become a black hole for stagnation. Extend your self discipline to be discilpline about embracing change.

And try to let go of musical performance that does not obtain high energy and give you a sense of aliveness, no matter how technically proficient you and others deem you to be with that music.

Take some risks and enjoy things without having to control them.

For instance, if you are playing an ITM reel. You don't own the tradition, you are not its custodian. If you play it well you become a part of it. So just let go a bit, loosen up, take some risks in your variations. Allow the tradition to give you a unique pleasure and to be energised by it.

TBC
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Jon C.
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

talasiga wrote:
Jon C. wrote: Still waiting for my chart, it has been 3 years! :(
Well I'd send your money back except that I didn't ask for payment and so I have nothing to send back!
:P

Jon C.
Your rahu is in Scorpio.

In your last life you were an austere anchorite type. For instance you may have been a Tibetan Buddhist lama with the motto, " if there is a choice between two paths, pick the harder one". You had mastered this sort of approach to life and bring it into this one as one of your strengths.

But, alas, you must surrender that as your fallback strength. In this life you need to develop your capacity to go with the flow, ride easy. The flight of the eagle to dizzying heights takes energy and effort. You are already up there Jon. You don't need to struggle so much to move about now. Simply glide.

Continue to be self disciplined in your musical practice. Of course! But don't let that become a black hole for stagnation. Extend your self discipline to be discilpline about embracing change.

And try to let go of musical performance that does not obtain high energy and give you a sense of aliveness, no matter how technically proficient you and others deem you to be with that music.

Take some risks and enjoy things without having to control them.

For instance, if you are playing an ITM reel. You don't own the tradition, you are not its custodian. If you play it well you become a part of it. So just let go a bit, loosen up, take some risks in your variations. Allow the tradition to give you a unique pleasure and to be energised by it.

TBC
Very good, you nailed it...
The life as a austere monk makes sense, as I have lived in a ashram for 21 years now, a little less austere then before...
The risk taking has been the flute making, so that has worked out well.
I still won't do any tonging, as I don't want to get away from tradition, os I guess you nailed that also. :sniffle:
I am gliding just fine now, thanks.
It would be interesting to here about some others also. What makes the flute player tick?
Thanks mush,
Jon