Red Sox/White Sox

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
DADGAD
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Red Sox/White Sox

Post by DADGAD »

Well, the White Sox won (sniff, sniff). We're all sad here in Beantown. Just wasn't our year. However, it'll still be fun to see the White Sox take it all and beat the Evil Empire. Go Chicago!
Scram gravy aint wavy
carrie

Post by carrie »

Very gracious of you! My 12 yr-old son, a long-time White Sox fan in a sea of north suburban Cubs fans, is over-the-moon happy! We feel the victory is owing primarily to his wearing the same clothes he wore for their last two games. Why take a chance, is his thinking. :)

Go Sox!

Carol
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Yep, we New Englanders always have two favorite teams: The Red Sox and whoever's playing the Yankees. Go Angels!

The Red Sox didn't earn it this year -- the management made some boneheaded maneuvers in the offseason, they brought Schilling back too early from his injury twice. They seemed to have some momentum going into the playoffs, then seemed to give up after miscues in the second two games.

Heck, after 86 years of near misses, I'm not gonna ask them to win every year, as long as the Yankees don't.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

chas wrote:Yep, we New Englanders always have two favorite teams: The Red Sox and whoever's playing the Yankees. Go Angels!
Yes, this just about sums it up! :lol: I was not pleased, but they really didn't seem to work for it this year. Damon's strike out in the 6th was horribly disappointing with the bases loaded. Oh well...there's always next year! :wink:

And if the Yankees win against the Angels, you better believe that I'm rooting for the other Sox.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

Just remember that when the new ownership bought the team the plan was to sign experienced players short-term, rebuild the farm system, and be able to compete for the championship by 2006 or 2007. They're still on schedule. 2004 was a wonderful bonus surprise. The Sox have one of the strongest player development programs in baseball. Lots of good young pitching. It's okay to wait for next year.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

dwinterfield wrote:It's okay to wait for next year.
At least we can say it's something we're used to doing ;) It's funny how devoted Red Sox fans really are. I don't think there's another team in baseball that has such devotion to it's team...except maybe the Cubs. :lol:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Although I have my doubts that they can win it all this year (it's hard to be optimistic about it when I know Carol's son is wearing his lucky clothes!), when I win the lottery tonight I'll send you all one of these:

:D
Susan
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

My Cubs didn't do well at all this year, and though I am not a SOX fan, I wish them every success.... it's good for Chicago Land.
Jack

Post by Jack »

I washed a blue shirt with my socks and now they're all blue.
Brewster

Post by Brewster »

I agree with Dwinterfield. The BoSox finally have a farm system capable of identifying and nurturing new talent. I think 2006 will be a big transition year with lots of the current roster gone (Damon, Millar, Graff, even Manny???) freeing up room for the younger players.

It's going to be an interesting hot stove league this winter to see which other players they pick up to fill the voids. Just wish they'd keep Bill Mueller, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Also, should be interesting to see if they try to move Manny and see what they get in return. Clement will be another topic of much conversation--which one comes back--the first half All Star or the second half implosion?

In the mean time, go ChiSox.
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

I also like Mueller, but Youklis is younger, cheaper and ready to play everyday. They should keep Manny. Trading away a first ballot hall of famer in the prime of his career for shrinking budgetary reasons and because of a occasional mental lapses would be foolish. If Dale traded away every Chiff and Fipple participant who sometimes lapsed into foolishness, there'd no one here.

It's time to say good-bye to Schilling and Timlin.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Manny has been on the block every year since they signed him. I think they need to keep him in order to keep the 3-4 punch of Papi and Manny. I'd like to see them keep Damon, too -- he's a character who's good for teh clubhouse and a real sparkplug in the leadoff spot. Plus he's still getting better offensively. I do wish he had a better arm, though. Beyond that I don't care what they do as long as they get some pitching; no idea who's available this winter. Papelbon's the real deal, though; I think they could build a rotation around him in a year or two.

How about the teams that are left? I wouldn't want to face one of them in a 7-game series, especially the Astros or Cardinals.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

How 'bout them Tigers?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Baseball took House away...
baseball is not my friend...

All work and no House make Tyler something something....

red sox, white sox....

dont go out in public with mismatched sox....they're all gonna laugh at you!
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Brewster

Post by Brewster »

Hi Flying Cursor--you're right, the Bengals are playing well so far. :D