Man boobs?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
TomB
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TomB »

[quote="lixnaw] what about Alan, Joseph and Dale?[/quote]

They are free to walk around moderately shirtless.

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

MarkB wrote:Yep! Anybody can, male and female alike.

MarkB
i agree! nothing to worry about.
djm

Post by djm »

Ever since it was made legal I have spent inordinate amounts of time trying to measure how many people have chosen to exercise their rights. Even though this was one of our hottest summers on record ( triple the number of days at +30C) I had no success whatsoever. :sniffle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Jack

Post by Jack »

YOU KNOW YOU LOVE IT!!
Random notes

Post by Random notes »

MarkB wrote:It's funny that most who replied seem not to have wanted to deal with the underlying problem that what we consider everyday use of safe chemicals and drugs are slowly changing the world we live in, including ourselves, as funny as it may be.
Actually, I was just thinking about that. I seem to recall reading something about girls as young as 9 going through premature menarche becuase of chickens that are pumped full of hormones to make them (the chickens) marketable as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately we have to wait for enough men to be affected before we start to pay attention. It's one thing to sexualize children (think Jon Benet Ramsey) and quite another for the guys to develop hooters.

On the other hand, I've heard guys noting particularly impressive racks and suggesting that if they had those, they would just stay home and play with them all day long. Now I'm not sure what was meant ...

Roger
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi
djm

Post by djm »

I am trying to think of the name of them ... there's a class of chemicals that is put into most shampoos and things that imitate estrogen and other female hormones in the way that these are abosrbed into the body. Maybe someone here remembers what they're called. Anyway, I'm sure this is an additional factor in the onslaught against ourselves that no-one is addressing and possibly a factor in the man boobs symptoms.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

djm wrote:I am trying to think of the name of them ... there's a class of chemicals that is put into most shampoos and things that imitate estrogen and other female hormones in the way that these are abosrbed into the body. Maybe someone here remembers what they're called. Anyway, I'm sure this is an additional factor in the onslaught against ourselves that no-one is addressing and possibly a factor in the man boobs symptoms.

djm
Frankly, I think is result of two generations worth of light beer drinking.
missy

Post by missy »

if it's the food, shampoo, whatever that is causing the "man boobs" to grow then howcome I haven't ...... ah........ oh, nevermind, :D
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Eh, I got my first period at 10. My mother was 9 1/2. I think it's genetic, not the chickens, in my family's case anyway. I certainly didn't eat any more or less chicken than any other kid. I think the average age is around 11 these days. From what I understand, when a girl gets her first period is primarily controlled by the ration of fat:body mass. The rising levels of childhood obesity should probably be taken into account before we start blaming chicken for early menstruation.

Dunno about the manboobs. I've never seen manboobs on any man who wasn't overweight though.
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Do they come with those blue circular lines on them?? :o
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

eeek!

Dunno which is the worse kind of cleaveage??

Maybe the dreaded "cameltoe"!

Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

djm wrote:I am trying to think of the name of them ... there's a class of chemicals that is put into most shampoos and things that imitate estrogen and other female hormones in the way that these are abosrbed into the body. Maybe someone here remembers what they're called. Anyway, I'm sure this is an additional factor in the onslaught against ourselves that no-one is addressing and possibly a factor in the man boobs symptoms.

djm
I remember hearing this about the inside of coated tin cans and individually wrapped cheese slices, that there was this estrogen-imitater. I didn't mention it when I first saw thread because I haven't heard much about it in years. I think I saw a report on 60 Minutes or another such news magazine show. It supposedly led to early menstruation, man boobs and cancer.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

The Weekenders wrote:I remember hearing this about the inside of coated tin cans and individually wrapped cheese slices, that there was this estrogen-imitater. I didn't mention it when I first saw thread because I haven't heard much about it in years. I think I saw a report on 60 Minutes or another such news magazine show. It supposedly led to early menstruation, man boobs and cancer.
Hmm, don't know where that leaves me. No danger of the first, proud possessor of the second and eternal worrier about the third. Sod the baked beans from now on! :D

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Any questions?